Wine and Dine 2015

Um I am so happy they released the merchandise!!

I love the tank top. I have that tank from princess and really like it. I do like those colors for the pullover hoodie too, but I wish the logo was larger. I will have to look at that one in person. If it is more of a tunic length I would probably buy that one too. Otherwise, it looks as though those hoodies are going to be put into the regular race merchandise rotation, so I may just get one for marathon or dark side weekend instead. I am not a big fan of the purple and wine colored jackets though. I preferred when they had the big race logo on the back vs. a saying.

But my favorite item - the water bottle! You can barely tell in the pic, but it looks like the bottle will have the spaceship earth diamond texture. How cute! Sad story - my current (very cheap) water bottle that I loved may or may not have melted when I pushed the wrong button and put hot water instead of cold in it. :sad: I have been waiting to buy a new one in hopes W&D would offer me a water bottle (that was not a tervis tumbler! please!) for almost 2 weeks and I couldn't be happier with that one!

I saw it, and was fine, but...I saw some wipe outs and people stopping after hurting their ankle. I can't remember which race it was...maybe TOT? But there was a speed bump just past the starting line so it was still super crowded and you couldn't really even see the road, plus the noise from the fireworks. I did not see the caution signs, but they did have volunteers there warning us. But if you had music in or were too far from the volunteer, splat. The princess course was much better marked because they could warn you ahead of time.

lol this also sounds exactly like TOT. The volunteers, bless their hearts, kept saying you are almost there, just one more corner! And then we went through fog and about 25 more corners. All the runners were saying wait where is the finish?

Point 1 sounds like tower. Those were the speed bumps right at the start. The tried to say on the PA and have volunteers but I remember some people still missing them.

Point 1. The first TOT I felt that way! It was my first race every and when I got to HS the volunteers were like you are almost done! Little did I realize there was still like 1 mile or more left. We still had to run through Streets of America, by the BAH, and back around to Tower of Terror. The next year any time I heard it i would tell the runners around us exactly how much we had left.

The first TOT I felt that way! It was my first race every and when I got to HS the volunteers were like you are almost done! Little did I realize there was still like 1 mile or more left. We still had to run through Streets of America, by the BAH, and back around to Tower of Terror. The next year any time I heard it i would tell the runners around us exactly how much we had left.

Exact same experience! I am looking forward to actually enjoying this night race for W&D. I love the night races, but for that TOT it was my first distance race and I had last minute major IT issues. I was dragging my leg behind me since mile 1 so I just wanted it to be over! It was still a great experience even though I was dissapointed in my time because of the kindness of the other runners. I stopped to apply biofreeze and/or rest my leg a few times and runners would also come over and stop and ask if I was ok. Even though I was in pain I knew I was hooked on disney races because of those runners!

TOT was my first distance race, but my first ever race was the jingle jungle 5k the year prior. I stayed at the YC and had a first floor room facing the runners path during the W&D half. I bought a 13.1 wine glass as motivation and decided right there watching them that I would run the half someday. I may have to buy another wine glass so that I have a set reminding me I came full circle :)

First, I will add on and also mention the speed bumps! They sneak up on you when you are in the zone. I have not run this course yet, but they have been on all the other disney courses I have run.
I'm okay (not perfect) with the speed bumps...it's those yellow reflectors in between the double yellow lines that almost get me more than anything! :eek:

I find the pathway to the Boardwalk Villas to be a little hazardous. By that point I am not always picking my feet up as far as I should and the minute changes in the sidewalk/wood slats have caught me up in the past.

I hope some of that stuff is available when I get in there. :) At Tink, we didn't go to the expo until the second day and most of the stuff was gone. :( I'm going to go right when it opens on Friday this time.

I think I only ordered a pin when I registered, but now I feel like I should grab the necklace too because I ended up with a free one at Tink (I don't know how, it was just in my bag when I picked it up at the pickup). I wouldn't want it to be lonely. :)

I really wish they would require proof of registration in order to purchase the official race merchandise (or at the very least the I did it! stuff) and limit things to one per bib. It's not fair to those of us who are truly participating but can't get to the expo until late that people who aren't even running the race or participating in any way can come in and swoop up the stuff to then turn around and resell on EBay. Open the expo to everyone, sure. But require that you have a bib or are clearly the spouse or child of someone with a bib AND with that person to enter the runDisney merchandise area.

I really wish they would require proof of registration in order to purchase the official race merchandise (or at the very least the I did it! stuff) and limit things to one per bib. It's not fair to those of us who are truly participating but can't get to the expo until late that people who aren't even running the race or participating in any way can come in and swoop up the stuff to then turn around and resell on EBay. Open the expo to everyone, sure. But require that you have a bib or are clearly the spouse or child of someone with a bib AND with that person to enter the runDisney merchandise area.

I wish they just sold the I DID IT stuff at the finish line. I do not like the bad mojo of buying something that says I completed an activity before I actually completed it.

I guess the big issue with having merchandise be by bib only would be that many of the ebayers who make a ton of money off of runDisney would just buy up the 5K bibs just to be able to go get official merch.

Does anyone know or can anyone tell what the little white bottle next to the kid's race Mickey ears is in the picture? Thanks!

Amen to that! As Rundisney runners we've paid all this money and spent all this time planning and training for these races just to have merchandise sold out to people who will only be selling to make a few bucks!! I too wish Disney would change this process...

I find the pathway to the Boardwalk Villas to be a little hazardous. By that point I am not always picking my feet up as far as I should and the minute changes in the sidewalk/wood slats have caught me up in the past.

Since we're talking about surfaces... i'll add that the surfaces under the trees after you exit DHS on the way to the Boardwalk (right outside the gates) are that foamy cushiony stuff like you sometimes find at playgrounds. Not a HUGE deal, but if you aren't expecting it and you have bad knees (like I do) and you just spent 11 miles on pavement, it can throw you off just a bit!

Regarding merch - maybe they should do event-specific merch the day after the race, with proof being your medal. I'm sure there are drawbacks to that too, but honestly I was there on day one of the expo in 2013 and they were out of wine glasses. For a WINE and dine race? They didn't think that would be a big seller????

I like the grey hoodies too but I'm glad someone mentioned the size of the logo on the purple one. that's the only thing holding me back. I wanna see it in person before I decide. hopefully I'll get to! What time does the expo open? And we can do official merch first, then bib pick up right?

At Tink it was not everything that was sold out. They still had plenty of the non-race runDisney gear, and they had a lot of commemorative shirts and sweatshirts and "I Did It!" shirts left. It was the stuff like the jackets, the glassware, the bottles that were sold out. I saw so many people wearing super cute teal jackets that had fairy wings printed on the back and I remember lamenting not ordering the jacket during the registration, and someone was like oh that's not that jacket, that was for sale at the expo. Never even saw those! I got the cotton "I Did It!" shirt and a commemorative tech shirt. Then when I got home I ordered the special "I Did It!" tech shirt that went on sale at the online Disney Store after the race. :o

Now that my SO is not coming with me, I will be unsupervised at the expo with no one to make me feel bad about buying ALL THE THINGS! At least you get Disney Visa discount at the expo. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter