Windsor Hills

robinb said:
I only know about the research that I did when I was looking at pool homes. I've heard that Windsor Palms is very, very nice and just up the road from Windsor Hills. The main difference that I saw was that Windsor Hills has a water slide in the main pool and Windsor Palms does not. Windsor Hills is also a bit newer. I believe they are still building there while Widsor Palms has been around for a couple of years.

Thanks for the info. While the pool slide would be nice, you never know about the weather in December for sure, so it might not matter anyway.

Do you know whether WP has the movie theater like WH does? Again, we'll probably be so busy it won't matter, but we'll have a 19, 18, and 13 year old with us, and they might like to go if they have some free time on their hands.

That 6 BR looks really nice, and it sounds like it will be pretty close. We normally wait until a few weeks ahead to get a reduced rate (and may do it again this time), but we've got another family traveling with us this time, so that makes me more worried about having great accomodations, if you KWIM!

I have stayed at both. Windsor Palms in a condo, Windsor Hills in a townhome. I'd say they were comparable with each other. Windsor Palms is just a little older. I did enjoy the pool at Windsor Palms more because it was not as warm. Windsor Hills pool was very warm, not enjoyable to cool off in.

We just returned from WH this morning! I wish I was still there! It is cool here today! :rolleyes: The place is awesome. It took us no longer than 10 minutes to get to the MK parking lot! Universal was 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic. The location and facilities were awesome!!!

We also shopped at Publix and Super Walmart. Walmart had bettre prices, but Publix wasn't bad.

The owners of the 3 bedroom condo were wonderful and the condo is exactly as it looked in pictures annd very clean!!!!

www.rent-vistacay.com

I hope this helps someone a little!

Kim
momofdbsdca

I'm setting up a rental agreement with an owner, VRBO # 65501. They have not given me any phone number even though I've asked and only check their email at most once/week (I request receipts sometimes). So it's taken a month to get to this point, and I'm a little concerned whether this is normal practice. I can imagine that this couple may be older and less computer savvy so not online often. Here is their email:

we have a management company global but they charge much more to cover their costs..we keep our costs as low as possible by using email as confirmation, and accepting personal cheque in dollars to uk address or bank transfer to wachovia, pls let us know which you prefer...the 20% deposit is non refundable unless we can relet your dates

What would my safest route be do you think? Is there a risk of getting down there and finding another family already there (double booked)? Am I just paranoid dealing with real people and no contracts. We're traveling in low season so I don't doubt we could sweat it out online for a night in a hotel and find a place, or priceline or skyauction last minute, literally, for Vistana or similar.

We like this home and it's agreat price, obviously booked in advance so others like it also unless the owners stay there much of the time. Maybe that's why they're not online, too much fun vacationing! :smooth:
Ihope you can put my mind at ease or direct me the right way to protect myself. Thanks. I'll check out TGM site also.

caribbound said:
What would my safest route be do you think? Is there a risk of getting down there and finding another family already there (double booked)? Am I just paranoid dealing with real people and no contracts. We're traveling in low season so I don't doubt we could sweat it out online for a night in a hotel and find a place, or priceline or skyauction last minute, literally, for Vistana or similar.

I think there is always a small risk that something will happen when you rent from an individual. I looked at the Listing and it looked really nice and the comments from the previous renters were both quite positive. You may have hit the nail on the head with your comment about the owners not being Internet savvy as the house does not have wireless internet access (as per one of the comments). The other thing is that Windsor Hills is a new development and it looks like the house was built in 2005. I bet the owners are still learning the ropes.

I think you'll be fine, but if you are not comfortable with the owners or the process, then I think you should back out. There are many, many, many villas available and if you are going at a low time you may be able to snag a last-minute bargain.

We returned recently from a pool home at WH. We had mixed messages about when the garbage would be picked up, but it was picked up every day except Sunday.

There is a Windsor Hills fan club over on the TGM website.
Founder and president, here!

We loved our townhome there. Excellent location. I would not put more than 6 people in a townhome, even though most could sleep 8, because the public spaces are on the small side. We actually never made it to the main pool; mostly we were in the parks, and the plunge pool was enough for my kids to dip in and out of.

One word of warning: our owner mentioned that they (and several others) planned to raise rates in '07 by about 15%. They had priced it low because the development is new to attract attention, and to offset the hassle of continued build-out of the development (which, frankly, we never noticed). Based on what I paid, I agree with them--it was a fabulous deal compared to other offerings around that section of 192 for the amenities offered.

Many owners will discount rates a bit for repeat renters, so if you are thinking about trying WH, I'd recommend doing so sooner rather than later, before many owners start increasing their rates.

Have never stayed in WH but it is in a great location very close to the parks and also shopping and restaurants.

Traciedee,

Overall, I liked WH. We had never rented a home before, and I would probably do it again. The proximity to the parks was a real perk. We had a bit of a problem with the house, but WH seemed great.

We are renting a TH at windsor hills in sept. I can't wait :woohoo: We are renting directly from the owners and they are a super nice couple from the uk.I never rented directly before and was a bit skeptical but he was REALLY helpful and explained everything! They even offered to buy a stroller(any kind we wanted) for us to use!!! how nice is that? I will be sure and let everyone know how our stay goes.
ps. momofdbsdc; I also have a Dakota 9/27/04 :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter