Windsor Hills - Running?

LAL77

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We're staying for the first time in a Storybook TH at Windsor Hills. It's our first experience off site.

I'm running the half-marathon on the 9th and I was hoping to get a couple of short easy runs in while i'm there the week leading up to the race.

Can anyone give me an idea of the safety of the area for running? Are there sidewalks or paths around? Do you feel secure enough there to be out for a run.

Thanks so much!

We stayed in a house on the mail road at WH last February and there were sidewalks threre - I assume they everywhere. I had my 4yr old out side playing (with me) in the front yard and I didnt see too much traffic and the traffic I did see was slow - seemed that everything was driving the posted speed limit or less. Also, lots of street lights.

I would say you would be OK.

I have stayed at WH 3 times and would say it is safe to jog - we walked to the pool from our TH - and often saw people out running each morning as we headed to the parks.:)

Not sure how much of a training run you'd get just running inside the resort area but if you head up to SR 192 (Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway) there's a stretch of about two miles of sidewalk on both sides of the road (with crosswalks near each end). So you could get almost a half marathon distance in three loops.

Good luck with the Disney run!

Dick Taylor

Definitely, it is very safe to run. Our friend is a runner and stayed with us and he had a great run every morning. Sidewalks throughout, park areas with track around. He went from the Reserve area all the way down to the Clubhouse and back. As we sit on the lanai, our favorite thing to do early in the morning, and have our coffee, we see lots of people running! I guess I should be running instead of sitting there, lol! You'll enjoy it!

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter