Windsor Hills or Storey Lake?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
Since there are zero Disney onsite specials and rates are insane, and because Wyndham Bonnet Creek reservations seem to be blocked every weekend, I'm looking at house rentals for our upcoming trip.

I've found some great houses at both Windsor Hills and Storey Lake, but was wondering if one location is better than the other in terms of location, distance to Disney parks, ease of getting in/out of the community using Uber, and community amenities?

If it makes a difference, we are a group of 5 adults. (My husband, myself, our two grown sons, 22 & 18, and our son's girlfriend. It will be her first trip to WDW.)

Any advice from fellow Disney friends would be greatly appreciated. ❤

Windsor Hills is MUCH closer than Story Lake to Disney parks. You are not going to find rental homes much closer than this. We once timed it from our car at TTC lot to our driveway back at Windsor Hills and it was 13 minutes. We have never stayed at Story Lake but my understanding its about 25-30 minutes to Disney parks.

Take a look at Formosa Gardens. Even closer to parks than Windsor Hills and bigger properties with more space between. We have been to WH which was OK, but find Formosa Gardens much nicer and more like a place you'd want to live. Less than 10 minutes to Animal Kingdom when using the Sherberth Road short cut.

Formosa Gardens is just across the street from Windsor Hills, so negligibly closer. But the real difference between the communities is in the amenities so it really depends what you are looking for. Just a villa to go home to at the end of the day - then Formosa Gardens is your thing. But if you like the added security of guards at the gate, and having a community pool, waterpark, fitness center, putting greens, movie theater, etc. etc. etc. available to you for your non-park time, then Windsor Hills is the best choice. It is a resort community.

Avoid until from Daniel Robinson or Vacation Central Florida, I got burned at Windsor Hills with a really dirty unit that had roaches. And it was spring break so got stuck there. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter