Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good morning everyone! We got back on New Year's Day from an AMAZING week stay in Windsor Hills. Thank you to everyone who provided input. We enjoyed our unit, the community, the surrounding area and the proximity to all the attractions. For those who were also there the week of Christmas, was this the "normal" crowd level/traffic level in the community/surrounding area or was this an abnormal year? To us, crowds/traffic/etc were not bad at all.

Also, our family has been researching purchasing a vacation home, but have been actively looking in a beach area. Orlando is far for us, but we go often. Not sure if Orlando is where we would want to purchase, but we fell in love with Windsor Hills.

Is someone up for PMing me and answering my extremely elementary questions about purchasing a townhouse unit/renting it out in Windsor Hills?

Thanks!

Good morning everyone! We got back on New Year's Day from an AMAZING week stay in Windsor Hills. Thank you to everyone who provided input. We enjoyed our unit, the community, the surrounding area and the proximity to all the attractions. For those who were also there the week of Christmas, was this the "normal" crowd level/traffic level in the community/surrounding area or was this an abnormal year? To us, crowds/traffic/etc were not bad at all.

Also, our family has been researching purchasing a vacation home, but have been actively looking in a beach area. Orlando is far for us, but we go often. Not sure if Orlando is where we would want to purchase, but we fell in love with Windsor Hills.

Is someone up for PMing me and answering my extremely elementary questions about purchasing a townhouse unit/renting it out in Windsor Hills?

Thanks!

So glad to hear you had fun! While I wasn't there for the holidays, many owners were and they said it was very busy - in a good way of course! I have visited several times, most recently in October, and while it isn't the busiest I've ever seen it, it was close to it. As Disney parks open up more, and when Canadians and Brits can travel more freely, it will get busier.

Feel free to PM me with any purchasing questions as I'm a townhome owner. (and heading there on Friday!!!)

We are missing our stay and can’t wait to come back! We have alternate plans for spring break but might cancel last minute. How likely is a last minute rental through an owner? We did use Airbnb last trip but now I have learned about the official owner rental sites. Thanks!

We are missing our stay and can’t wait to come back! We have alternate plans for spring break but might cancel last minute. How likely is a last minute rental through an owner? We did use Airbnb last trip but now I have learned about the official owner rental sites. Thanks!

I'm leaving today after a week here and am so sad to go. I'm already looking at flights to book to come back. So I understand how you feel!

Most guests aren't booking far in advance, with the average booking 1 month in advance. I've received many bookings only a week or two ahead. Your chance of getting a place to stay is pretty good given the state of travel right now. Keep in mind that many owners will not book for a next day arrival and have a greater minimum night stay (now and versus a hotel in general.)

The official owner rental site is great as it will allow you to connect directly with owners that post their home on that site so you can have a conversation with them before you commit to booking. It would also ease their minds if you let them know why you are booking at the last minute. I have certainly allowed a next day booking after connecting with a guest directly.

I hope that whatever you end up doing for Spring Break, you have a great time!

I'm leaving today after a week here and am so sad to go. I'm already looking at flights to book to come back. So I understand how you feel!

Most guests aren't booking far in advance, with the average booking 1 month in advance. I've received many bookings only a week or two ahead. Your chance of getting a place to stay is pretty good given the state of travel right now. Keep in mind that many owners will not book for a next day arrival and have a greater minimum night stay (now and versus a hotel in general.)

The official owner rental site is great as it will allow you to connect directly with owners that post their home on that site so you can have a conversation with them before you commit to booking. It would also ease their minds if you let them know why you are booking at the last minute. I have certainly allowed a next day booking after connecting with a guest directly.

I hope that whatever you end up doing for Spring Break, you have a great time!
awesome - great info. i'll keep an eye on the sites. one more question - there are two official sites???? i am not sure which one to focus on. thanks!

awesome - great info. i'll keep an eye on the sites. one more question - there are two official sites???? i am not sure which one to focus on. thanks!

The official site (endorsed by the HOA) is the Windsor Hills Private Rentals site. You typically get the lowest rate on that one because it is free for the owners to post there and is supported by the community HOA. There is another site that is managed by a previous owner that current owners must pay for (I think it is a commission) so it isn't the "official" site. Neither site will have all owners listings though as an individual owner may opt to allow a management company to list their home (which is not allowed on the private rentals site) or they prefer to post on different sites.

Hi everyone. After having to cancel our Spring Break Trip to Cabo because of the new CDC guidelines - we decided to head to Florida instead. Hoping to get some sun. (Coming from Minnesota). This is not a Disney trip. More like a relaxing pool/beach/shopping and maybe Seaworld or Universal (never been there). So, looking at many places and trying to narrow it down.

I am using Chase Points to book travel and was surprised that I could book Windor HIlls on there. Seems after looking at so many various places (Wyndam Bonnet Creek, Holiday Inn Orange, Sheraton Vistana and Margaritaville). I really like the idea of having our own house with pool/hot tub.

There are 4 of us going for sure. Me, DH, DS21 and DD19. We may have some friends that would come down for a few days, so looking at a 5 bedroom house. When renting should I put down that there would be 8 of us even though we are unsure if are friends will be coming. Do they need to know the names of everyone in the house for access. Do you need something to get into the pool area/club area?

Not thrilled about renting a car. (Those Florida roads scare me - they are so big) but I know it is the best. How far away is Disney Springs?

Sorry for all the questions - trying to make final decision on where to book as trip would be in about 6 weeks...

Hi everyone. After having to cancel our Spring Break Trip to Cabo because of the new CDC guidelines - we decided to head to Florida instead. Hoping to get some sun. (Coming from Minnesota). This is not a Disney trip. More like a relaxing pool/beach/shopping and maybe Seaworld or Universal (never been there). So, looking at many places and trying to narrow it down.

I am using Chase Points to book travel and was surprised that I could book Windor HIlls on there. Seems after looking at so many various places (Wyndam Bonnet Creek, Holiday Inn Orange, Sheraton Vistana and Margaritaville). I really like the idea of having our own house with pool/hot tub.

There are 4 of us going for sure. Me, DH, DS21 and DD19. We may have some friends that would come down for a few days, so looking at a 5 bedroom house. When renting should I put down that there would be 8 of us even though we are unsure if are friends will be coming. Do they need to know the names of everyone in the house for access. Do you need something to get into the pool area/club area?

Not thrilled about renting a car. (Those Florida roads scare me - they are so big) but I know it is the best. How far away is Disney Springs?

Sorry for all the questions - trying to make final decision on where to book as trip would be in about 6 weeks...
Disney Springs is like 20ish min. The roads aren't bad, the tolls are the killers! They suspended the visitor toll pass for Florida otherwise that was great to have! Make sure to bring change or you can use whatever toll option they have with the car rental. Budget has some deal with Amazon so if you have an Amazon Prime account, most of us do now, I would say check them out first.

You sound like someone that likes to plan your travels and avoid surprise after you arrive. Windsor Hills takes guest safety seriously and everyone will need to be on the list that plans to enter Windsor Hills for the first time as part of registering. You will provide this information as part the rental agreement and you will be sent a copy of your Reservation Confirmation and a list of everyone you expect to show up. No problem if some decide not to attend, but anyone not on this list most likely will not be allowed in unless the owner can be contacted and approved for entry. That means all adults and children must be on the list. Each vehicle will receive a card that will allow, entry & exit of the gates at the guard house. Be sure all the cars that may need entry has a complete copy of the Reservation Confirmation and the guest list. My explanation probably makes this look way more complicated than is really is.

A new policy at Windsor Hills has added a requirement to use the clubhouse and pool areas. Everyone that plans to enter these areas must have on a wristband that can be acquired in the Welcome Center, that you will find several feet to the right of the large open-air entrance for the clubhouse.

G’day
Pulsar

PS...Don’t forget to have a great time!

Last edited:
Disney Springs is like 20ish min. The roads aren't bad, the tolls are the killers! They suspended the visitor toll pass for Florida otherwise that was great to have! Make sure to bring change or you can use whatever toll option they have with the car rental. Budget has some deal with Amazon so if you have an Amazon Prime account, most of us do now, I would say check them out first.

Forgot all about those tolls. Thanks.

You sound like someone that likes to plan your travels and avoid surprise after you arrive. Windsor Hills takes guest safety seriously and everyone will need to be on the list that plans to enter Windsor Hills for the first time as part of registering. You will provide this information as part the rental agreement and you will be sent a copy of your Reservation Confirmation and a list of everyone you expect to show up. No problem if some decide not to attend, but anyone not on this list most likely will not be allowed in unless the owner can be contacted and approved for entry. That means all adults and children must be on the list. Each vehicle will receive a card that will allow, entry & exit of the gates at the guard house. Be sure all the cars that may need entry has a complete copy of the Reservation Confirmation and the guest list. My explanation probably makes this look way more complicated than is really is.

A new policy at Windsor Hills has added a requirement to use the clubhouse and pool areas. Everyone that plans to enter these areas must have on a wristband that can be acquired in the Welcome Center, that you will find several feet to the right of the large open-air entrance for the clubhouse.

G’day
Pulsar

PS...Don’t forget to have a great time!

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks.

Just want to ask about 1st floor condo units. Do they tend to get more critters inside? Do renters prefer 1st floor or 2nd, 3rd or 4th? Do all buildings have elevators? Do all allow owners to have pets?

I bought my WH townhome sight unseen (except for photos.) First time I walked in was after closing. I've looked at both the WP & WH townhomes and I think what is most key is checking out the community and then touring ANY of the available units that would look like yours (for a home, that might be more difficult to find a similar layout available to tour but you could look at any townhome.) WP & WH were built by the same builders and the townhomes are almost the same (the big exception is how they built the laundry.)

Good luck - I hope you are able to tour the communities and see some units similar to the ones you want to buy!
So we were just down last week. Toured WP and PP townhomes and didn't like the WP units we saw (needed a lot of TLC). Could only tour 2 at PP out of a list of 7 dues to rentals being in there. We liked one and offered on it but were beat out by another buyer. We offered low. Came home a bit disappointed and expected to just hold off a while. But our friends, who were also visiting WDW when we were just down there, happened to be staying at a condo in Windsor Hills. And she stayed on longer and messaged me yesterday that she might buy one. So DH and I started researching last night and we could easily do a condo without having to rent even (if we do a 2BR). Our friend is checking things out today (like pet rules and the such). We are also going to look at WP condos too. We really could easily buy one of those.

Just want to ask about 1st floor condo units. Do they tend to get more critters inside? Do renters prefer 1st floor or 2nd, 3rd or 4th? Do all buildings have elevators? Do all allow owners to have pets?

I don't know too much about the condo rules but there is a great resource (face book group) that connects Windsor Hills buyers & sellers (that is the name of the group) which is monitored by the WH HOA and has a lot of owner members for advice.

I don't know too much about the condo rules but there is a great resource (face book group) that connects Windsor Hills buyers & sellers (that is the name of the group) which is monitored by the WH HOA and has a lot of owner members for advice.
Yup, found it earlier and they said no pets in the condos.

Our spring break plans are super up in the air and while Orlando is in the lead, we won't know until a couple of days before. Do you think an owner would take a very last minute reservation? We have a hotel booked with a 24 hour cancellation policy, but if I can rent a townhouse a day or two before, that would be amazing.

Our spring break plans are super up in the air and while Orlando is in the lead, we won't know until a couple of days before. Do you think an owner would take a very last minute reservation? We have a hotel booked with a 24 hour cancellation policy, but if I can rent a townhouse a day or two before, that would be amazing.

Many owners will take reservations a day or two before if they have availability. They are also starting a 'last minute' booking thread on the face book page and many owners posted listings for the next day and what they have in February. You can also check the big sites to see who appears to allow last minute bookings (by looking for availability starting tomorrow.) I know for my listing I had to opt in to allow a next day booking but to be honest, I've never thought to search by that on the big sites so maybe there is a filter for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter