Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust? The End p136 *New TR Link* p138

Loved your update. GORGEOUS pictures. You obviously had your big girl camera out today!

I'm guessing you didn't actually go swimming, but if you did, what did you do with your camera? Do you know if there are lockers there?

Sounds like it was a great call on DTD. I think it tends to be a laid back destination since you are not encountering long lines or trying to hunt down FP.

Wow, WPE looks fantastic!!! I have not dined there, but everyone says it is incredible. There is a WPE at Logan airport, and I wanted to eat there, but I couldn't find it, so we went to Legal Seafoods instead. When we finally found it, pizza was the only thing on the menu, so we didn't miss much.

Your dining cost analysis is great! Thanks for posting that.

Just wanted to say I am LOVING your trip report. The pictures are great and you have handled traveling with family very very well. Don't think I could have been that calm :) Look forward to reading more!

:welcome: staceyeid! Thanks for joining in! So glad you are enjoying the TR! Glad you like the pics!

Traveling with my brother's family was a challenge, but I am glad that we did it. The kids had a great trip!

Drama free!! :cool1:
You posted some seriously beautiful pictures this update!

Thanks! I am very happy with the pictures I took this afternoon/evening. They are some of my favs!

It looks to me like a plant or something in the extreme foreground... did you have your long lens on here? If you are far from something and focusing on the subject in the distance, small foreground objects will sometimes get so blurry they look more like a haze. Just a guess. :)

Yes - it was the long lens and I think you are exactly right. Funny, because I don't remember that, but I probably did clip the edge of a tree or something. Thanks - I can always count on you to solve my photography dilemmas!!!

And yes, those horses are very photogenic!

Aren't they? So cool. I swear, they look cooler in pictures than in real life.

I always get turned around in DTD. I do it every time. :confused3 I'm very glad your whole family enjoyed their meals!
I just got some serious chills when I saw your Christmas store pictures!!

I think I FINALLY have DTD figured out. It sure took long enough! :rotfl:

I'm glad they enjoyed their dinner too. It was a great choice.

Glad you like the Christmas store pics!

The DIS is acting a little strange right now, so I'll be back later with replies!

I have never heard of the turtle crawl? Where do you find such a drink? I am not a big drinker anyways, but I like to have on here and there at WDW.

It sounds like that break in the afternoon is just what you needed. I do like alone time myself. I always cherish my mornings when I walk around by myself.
I do want to try WPE, but I still can't figure where I can fit it in.

I was too busy for DIS last week (horrifying I know:sad2:) But now I'm all caught up! Did your SIL ever say what made her so sick? I'm glad you managed to have a stress free afternoon and I don't think it was awful at all that you sat by the pool for a couple of hours by yourself. Sometimes that's all you need to do to recharge is to get away from the people who are stressing you out.

On a side note, I discovered after a week of house guests that I am really only good with other people for a max of 48 hours and then I start to get super snarky.:lmao: So again, God Bless you for doing this trip!

All caught up again... I had no idea that the cookie toss would have anything to do with tossing cookies! :lmao:

I'm glad you had some nice quiet pool time & a drama free evening. Sounds like WPE & a boat ride was just what your brother's family needed. :thumbsup2

I love your QSDP analysis... looks to me like you are definitely ahead with the extra meal still on the books.

Great update! Your SSR pictures are beautiful, I really want to stay there now! :cool1: Lounging by the pool, just reading and being alone for 2 hours sounds amazing, like what a vacation should be like! :thumbsup2

WPE looks so good, I really have to find the time to eat there on my next trip! It's just so hard for me not to go to Earl of Sandwich! :sad2:

Yay, the Christmas store at DTD, that's my favorite Disney store of all time! I love that place so much! I could spend hours in there, in fact, I do, and Brandon gets so aggravated with me! :rotfl2: I can't help it, Disney and Christmas are my 2 favorite things in life, so the combination is almost too much for me to handle! :rotfl2:

Those socks look cute, but I don't like those weird upside down feet that they are on! :upsidedow

Maybe that haziness was a ghost! :eek:

That was my first thought too!

MEK, I'm so glad you got a couple of hours to yourself to relax by the pool, you totally deserved some 'me' time by that point! :goodvibes

I ate at WPE once, the one by Cirque, I'm not sure it has as good of a selection as the one in the Marketplace. I sure don't remember seeing any dishes that you posted about on the menu when we ate there :confused3 Not sure I'll ever be able to give up EoS again to give it another try though....

It's nice to hear everyone had a pleasant/relaxed evening. And even better that your brother and SIL's family loved their dinner; it's always a good feeling knowing you chose a successful restaurant. :thumbsup2

That wine glass is beautiful....might have to take a peek in that store on my next trip. :scratchin

All your photos are just so gorgeous. The shots of the horses are especially great! :thumbsup2

Great pics of SSR Mary Ellen! DW and I did a "resort tour" two years ago to see the Christmas decorations and didn't get to see much of SSR but after your pics and TR, I feel a touch of "addonitis" coming on! Gee thanks MEK! :sad2: :rotfl2:

I just read your entire trip report up to this point (but none of the commentary) and I am enjoying it. You have some really nice photos.

Your trip up to this point sounds rather frustrating, however. I am not a fan of large group trips; it seems like so much time is spent making decisions and waiting on people. It drives me crazy! (Now I just sound selfish. Oops. :rolleyes1) The transportation situation at SSR sounds annoying too....but I do wish I was sitting by that pool right now!

I am hoping for your sake that your trip got a little less disjointed as it went along!

I usually stick to the TR report section because I got sick of all the flaming on some of the other forums. I posted that information somewhere else, not on my TR. People here are nice. But there are people out there on the other forums that are seriously looking to start a fight and they get upset about the stupidest things. I finally got sick of all the people who "need to get a life", so now I stay here.

I am with ya. I mostly stick to the reports. It is a shame. I think some people could really use help and yet some of us with insight don't share since we might get flamed. Because I stick mainly to reports I haven't been flamed for a while... last time though was when I responded to someone asking if she could upgrade her twins (who were just a tad younger than her oldest) to adults on the dp since the oldest child would be able to really eat and..well, kids meals are not so appetizing. You would have thought I was telling her to steal right out of Walt's own pocket. :rolleyes: I learned a lesson...

I don't know if you noticed this, but I noticed a disproportionate number of people in the standby line in December

I did notice. I think lots of fast passes were running out and with the high crowd level I think more people were making use of the stand by lines.

You know if your DS thinks its weird, then its got to be weird. My DS's will eat any burger on earth and not complain.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we were served veggie burgers. Now, I know we didn't order them that way... but the way they tasted. I wonder.
Where are you staying? Either I forgot or I just don't know. I am looking forward to staying at the Boardwalk over the weekend. That is going to make access to the food and adult beverages so much easier.

We are staying at POFQ I wish it were one of the Epcot resorts... would make the race and F&W a little bit easier. POFQ is a host resort though..so at least there will be buses to WWoS.

I am so impressed you read with such great detail. When I get far behind I usually skim. Great job!

Well, you had awesome links. Normally, I would skim through too... but your links made it so I could just focus on the updates! :thumbsup2

Now onto your next set of updates....

You pool shots are soo pretty! I love those colors.

The bag from Walmart is super cute. I had wanted to get one. I kept putting it off and then they were all gone.

I think WGPE is one of the better uses of a cs credit. I really like the salmon there....or maybe it is the dressing I love that come with it. :rotfl:

The Christmas shop in DTD is such a neat store. It is fun to step inside and just feel "Christmasy".

That rita? Oh my! I think I may have to remember that there is a grapefruit rita there! YUM!

I love that you are doing a cost breakdown for your food. I think it is easy to "feel" like the dp is either a good deal or a bad deal, but to see actual numbers is awesome!

popcorn:: now just waiting for more as I am caught up once again. :goodvibes

First off, :rotfl2::rotfl::joker: For your comment about if you saw SIL you would have posted it on facebook!!! Too too funny!!

Next, WOO HOO for drama free!! That is so awesome!! Loved the pool pictures! We have never swam at that pool, or seen the 'spitting horses', (my Grandsons comment, when I showed him), but it looks nice!

I love DTD and really think that WGPE has the best 'bang for your buck' on the QSDP. Their breakfast is amazing!!

As usual, love your pictures! Fabulous!!

I have news! Our September POP trip, has changed from 5 nights there, to 7 nights in a 2 bedroom at AKKV! Thank you Disney Gods, for the pixie dust and it being available now, this late for mid September!!

Sorry for the hijack, but I am very excited!! Looking forward to more adventures!! Nice to see the QSDP $$$ breakdown so far!! I can't wait to eat at Tangierine Cafe in Sep.!! Another good 'bang for the buck' and very tasty for counter service!

Loved all of the pictures of Saratoga Springs. We've eaten dinner at The Turf Club but didn't have time to really see the resort because we were too busy hurrying to get to Cirque. The red and white theme around the pool is so pretty.

I remember reading about your meal there in your last TR.

The resort is really gorgeous. I love it and I'm glad we stayed there (well at the treehouses) because I don't think I have stayed there since 2009. It took me awhile to make the rounds at all the other DVC resorts.

When you ended the update with the fact that you didn't remember what ya'll did for the evening, I thought "Well that's a good thing. It means it truly was drama free." :thumbsup2

So true! It's weird, because I know we couldn't have stayed at DTD past 9pm, but I have no recollection of what I did back at the villa and I know I don't go to bed THAT early.

That picture of the Turtle Crawl had me pricing a stay at OKW earlier today.

The Turtle Crawl is definitely one of the best drinks on property. I'm not kidding. But even without a solo cup full of four types or rum, OKW is a wonderful place to stay. If you ever get a chance, go for it. Super relaxing! :thumbsup2

Now, I suspect that your pictures of SSR will have me doing the same thing. :laughing: Just beautiful!

:rotfl2: How do you think I ended up buying DVC? :rotfl2: I rented points to stay there one Thanksgiving and the rest is history! :thumbsup2

Maybe that haziness was a ghost! :eek:

Well, you know I believe in ghosts and orbs and supernatural things, so that was actually my first thought, but I think Wendy straightened me out.

Love the Christmas shop! I could spend a lot of money in there!

No kidding! That's why I don't even like to look too closely in there, because I want 80% of the store!

Glad you had such a lovely evening.

Thanks we did! And the perfect weather didn't hurt either. ;)

I loved the pictures of the Dwarves behind the cash register. When I was a baby my parents had decorated my room with Snow White and the Dwarves. LOL! When I got older I thought they were scary!! LOL!

Oh No! I guess they could be scary for a toddler. Poor thing - surrounded by scary dwarves! :scared:

Love the pool pictures. You have a knack for photography. Me? I take pictures of very random and sometimes strange things. LOL!!

Thanks! I actually had no idea how to "compose" a picture until I started reading TRs. I tended to gravitate to the ones with the best pictures and I really learned a lot. It's all trial and error. Random and strange things sometimes make the best pictures! :thumbsup2

Really great pictures of SSR pool area. I have to agree the red really pops in these pictures.

Thank you! I really love that whole red and white theme. I'm not sure which area I like better - the Grandstand or Congress park.

I have to admit the first time we went to eat at WPE I lead our group in the wrong direction. I got it mixed up with the the WP and we got off at the wrong bus stop and had to walk our way back. Not good for hungry people, but the food made up for it. I really want to try the salmon after seeing your picture. We usually go for the chicken.

I know where the WPE is near Cirque, but I really didn't know where the Marketplace one was and it never occurred to me to figure it out BEFORE we left. :rotfl: I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets lost there.

The Christmas store is my favorite. I can spend some some major time and money here. Dennis usually has to come get me out. I try to send him somewhere else so he's not hovering over me, it ruins my fun when he rushes me and sees how much I'm spending.

:rotfl2: Ugh - I hate that feeling. You see why I had to leave. I didn't want to be tempted. Taking pictures is free (well, sort of), but the Christmas store is dangerous! :rotfl:

I happy everyone had a drama free evening and I hoped it helped get everyone up for rope drop the next day.

Well, you are going to have to wait until my next update to figure that out, aren't you? popcorn::

Your time by the pool sounds like heaven, especially after the afternoon you had. :upsidedow

That pool time was so wonderful and so welcomed!

I think you're an :littleangel: to put up with all that you have been, but then again when you travel with family that's kinda how it goes. :rolleyes: Not everyone is going to do things the same way we do. :sad2:

Exactly - I knew that going into the trip and I told mysel I was just going with the flow. I knew that Denny and I had some "alone" time after everyone left and I think that kept me from getting frustrated. It also helps that I have been to the world a lot. There is nothing that I "had" to do.

I'm with you on eating anything in AK but pizza, but alas everyone else wanted pizza on our last trip, I thought it was pretty decent. I thought it was going to be pretty bad but it wasn't and I really liked that it came with a salad. The a/c is what sold me and I thought it had to be better than eating outside at the moment. Next time, come heck or high water, I'm eating anywhere but there. I haven't tried anywhere else except Tusker House....when it was counter service. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to know that the pizza is actually good. You are the second person who said that. I've never tried it, but there's always a first time. If you like veggies - try the veggie sandwich at Restaurantsaurus. It's fantastic! Yum! The TH buffet is also really good!

The drinks Cynthia is having look pretty darn yummy! Something else I haven't tried when in AK, next trip I'm changing that. It was just last trip I even tried any of the drinks anywhere around WDW. What are your favorites to drink when in WDW? I'd have to say I'm pretty fond of the Magical Star at AK and the Poly and the bellini while walking in Italy. I've had others but they all were too sweet, I like sweet drinks but I'm not big on overly sweet. I'm looking forward to trying others on my next trip. :thumbsup2

I like drinks that really have a decent amount of alcohol in them. I've had the Turtle Crawl at OKW and it is excellent. I love the margaritas at DTD and I especially love the margaritas at the Ditch in Mexico. I have also had the lost on safari at AK and its very good.

I once sent back a mojito at the Wave because I took 3 sips and was down to the ice. :rotfl:

LOOOOVE eating at WGPE!! :woohoo: Such a great use of a counter service! Their salads are beyond yummy, and big!! You should have had the creme brulee, probably the best dessert on property besides The Wave at Coral Reef and the nepoleon, in the EPCOT France patisserie. :cloud9:

Once I saw the creme brulee I knew I misordered. Oh well, next time! I did love WPE and I will be back. Excellent use of CS.

Sounds like your evening in DTD went much better than your day in AK. :)

Without a doubt! ;)

YUM!!!

Cynthia certainly deserves this after the months of turmoil she has been through!!!

I had a Turtle Crawl in December and they really are YUM!

Yes - she does and I'm so happy she remembered my endorsement of the drink.

To answer Jack Sparrow "But where's the rum? Why's the rum gone?"

It's all in the Turtle Crawl!

:drinking1

:rotfl2: You got that right. If Cynthia brings two bottles of rum and I bring the other two, we might have to have a Turtle Crawl fest in October. :goodvibes

Loved your update. GORGEOUS pictures. You obviously had your big girl camera out today!

Thanks and, yes, I had my big girl camera out in full swing. Didn't even realize I took that many pics!

I'm guessing you didn't actually go swimming, but if you did, what did you do with your camera? Do you know if there are lockers there?

I actually just put it in the case under my chair. I did swim. Not a lot, but enough. I jump in as soon as I get hot. No dainty entry for me. Rather, a big splash! :beach:

Sounds like it was a great call on DTD. I think it tends to be a laid back destination since you are not encountering long lines or trying to hunt down FP.

I though this would be a good day for AK and since my bro's family only had 1 park per day passes, an evening at DTD was necessary. I have to admit, the kids were good and they didn't really ask for anything or even care that much at looking at toys.

Wow, WPE looks fantastic!!! I have not dined there, but everyone says it is incredible. There is a WPE at Logan airport, and I wanted to eat there, but I couldn't find it, so we went to Legal Seafoods instead. When we finally found it, pizza was the only thing on the menu, so we didn't miss much.

The WPE near Cirque is not nearly as diverse in its menu. There were a ton of yummy things on this menu and it really wasn't crowded. That was a bonus!

Your dining cost analysis is great! Thanks for posting that.

You're welcome. I really wanted to do that because I am curious as to how it all shakes out. Honestly, with our large group the QSDP was a life saver.

I have never heard of the turtle crawl? Where do you find such a drink? I am not a big drinker anyways, but I like to have on here and there at WDW.

The Turtle Crawl is made at the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW. I tried one in December and its sooooo yummy!!!

It sounds like that break in the afternoon is just what you needed. I do like alone time myself. I always cherish my mornings when I walk around by myself.

I agree - morning is my favorite time of day. I love the solitude. I love looking at all the little details that are so much clearer in the morning.

I do want to try WPE, but I still can't figure where I can fit it in.

That's how I am, but if I ever do the QSDP again you know I will be eating there again. There are too many other things on that menu that I need to try. :thumbsup2

I was too busy for DIS last week (horrifying I know:sad2:) But now I'm all caught up! Did your SIL ever say what made her so sick? I'm glad you managed to have a stress free afternoon and I don't think it was awful at all that you sat by the pool for a couple of hours by yourself. Sometimes that's all you need to do to recharge is to get away from the people who are stressing you out.

I have weeks like that too. Especially once the school year starts.

I never asked SIL and she never said a word. Maybe she didn't want me to know? :confused3

I love pool time. I don't have a pool at home. I don't belong to a pool, so pool time is a special treat for me. Believe me, if I did have a pool I would be spending a lot less time on the DIS. :lmao:

On a side note, I discovered after a week of house guests that I am really only good with other people for a max of 48 hours and then I start to get super snarky.:lmao: So again, God Bless you for doing this trip!

A week of house guests is tough! REally tough. I think it is harder having people in your house as guests than being on vacation with them. The expectations are too high and you are responsible for everything. Ugh - I don't envy you!

Made everything so much easier.

Enjoyed the update. It's so nice to have to sit by the pool, read, and have a few hours to yourself! :)

Yay for a relatively drama free evening.

I'm glad to see your breakdowns of your meals using the QSDP. I had read on Mousesavers that it's hard to get your money's worth using the plan. Good to see some of your actual numbers.

I didn't care for Pecos Bill's hamburger because I thought it was a soy burger mix with the hamburger. Yuck!

I love the horse racing theme of SSP, the pool pics were so cool, especially with the pop of the red umbrellas.

I am so happy you posted all those wonderful pictures from The Grandstand and the pool...brought back great memories from our 2009 trip:goodvibes

I think I might love WPE like your brother's family did....I rave about it too!:thumbsup2 So happy you had a drama free night...there should never be drama in our happy place right:thumbsup2

Okay, I'm going to comment on the updates individually, since I'm so far behind (sorry....:sad1:).

Anywhoeeyy, I HATE the whole GPS needs to find it's signal, and you're inside a parking garage, blah blah blah. Let me tell you, it does not come in handy when you're in Europe and thinking "I don't even have a clue which way to go to get out of the parking structure......" You would think that technology could improve that. Maybe not. Who knows.

Traveling outside the Disney bubble? :eek: I do agree with your decision though. Free is really really great. And the room doesn't look too bad actually. Clean is good enough for me.

What's a Mickey Dee's? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter