Will you be shopping on Black Friday?

Yes, but not in the US. We are going to Canada for Thanksgiving, and will be doing some shopping there. Last year they had a few "Black Friday" deals, even though it's an American thing.
You'd have better luck on Boxing Day (Dec. 26). That's our traditional high, holy shopping day. Retailers have tried to get in on the Black Friday hype over the past few years but it's kind of a joke, considering Friday, Nov. 24 is just a regular work day in Canada.

I will monitor travel sites for special deals. I've gotten a few really good ones over the past couple years.
I'm looking to book a specific cruise and I've been holding off until then too. Wish me luck!

There are actually still people who think getting the best deals require camping out in some parking lot on Thanksgiving? :rotfl2:
Going out shopping on Black Friday isn't necessarily synonymous with camping other in parking lots. Not one person who's said they're going to stores has mentioned camping out.

Yes!!! For the third straightyear, a local supermarket is selling 10 or 12 packs of K-cups for $4.99 each when you buy five. Almost every brand. Black Friday and Saturday. Limit two offers, so I'll buy 10. I also have a few coupons I can use. This might tide me over until Christmas.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-27-at-8.05.24-AM.png

Yes, but not in the US. We are going to Canada for Thanksgiving, and will be doing some shopping there. Last year they had a few "Black Friday" deals, even though it's an American thing.

For some reason our Black Friday is this weekend here in Ontario ...

Started Thursday and goes until Sunday so really not just a Friday thing.

I don't usually, but my son and daughter in law are having a gender reveal party on Saturday, so I need to go to Costco Friday to pick up a couple trays for them.
I'm a little scared......:sad1: >:(

DD and I will be going out about 5:30 Friday morning. We will hit Krispie Kreme on the way to the mall for a single donut each and then stop back by KK for a dozen to take home and share with DH and DS. We will stay out until about noon and then head back home to watch football and take a nap. We like to head out again in the evening with DH and DS just to look around the mall and get a late dinner out. It is usually a long, but nice family day.

Only if I need something from the grocery store up the street. I guess that really isn’t the same thing.
I did one run several years ago when a Yankee Candle flagship store here in VA did its foray into midnight opening with great sales. It was awesome because their advertising was lackluster and not too many people mob a candle store. Great buys, no crowds, no stress—my dream BF experience, never to be repeated, I’m sure. :-D

My mom and I go out, but it's totally for sport. We spike our coffees, and have a flipping blast. Sometimes we just start late Thanksgiving night and stay up until we don't want to play anymore, or when we don't want to carry more packages. We Uber/have daddy Uber depending on times. My dad is a night owl, so he tends to be pretty chill. Sometimes we get so caught up (or tipsy, at least we're the least grumpy people in the stores), we totally forget what we bought. My mom loves the whole thing, so as long as she wants to, I'll be with her. If we come home with tons of bags hanging off our arms, or nothing at all; the mom bit is the important part.

My mom and I go out, but it's totally for sport. We spike our coffees, and have a flipping blast. Sometimes we just start late Thanksgiving night and stay up until we don't want to play anymore, or when we don't want to carry more packages. We Uber/have daddy Uber depending on times. My dad is a night owl, so he tends to be pretty chill. Sometimes we get so caught up (or tipsy, at least we're the least grumpy people in the stores), we totally forget what we bought. My mom loves the whole thing, so as long as she wants to, I'll be with her. If we come home with tons of bags hanging off our arms, or nothing at all; the mom bit is the important part.

LOL! That sounds fun. Even if we don't intend on buying anything, we go out usually to Walmart to watch the chaos ensue. People get vicious! It seems to bring out people's true colors for sure.

I love watching the Black Friday Youtube videos, too, where people are fighting over the last Tickle Me Elmo or something... Craziness!!

LOL! That sounds fun. Even if we don't intend on buying anything, we go out usually to Walmart to watch the chaos ensue. People get vicious! It seems to bring out people's true colors for sure.

I love watching the Black Friday Youtube videos, too, where people are fighting over the last Tickle Me Elmo or something... Craziness!!

It sounds silly, but seriously, I treasure that time with mom. We usually go to Target, get dad to pick us (and our packages!) up and then JCP, Dillards, and then end up browsing at some of the high end places - depending on packages, and the number of coffees we've had. Again, if we need to Uber back to one of our houses to drop off, no big deal, if we get the best deals, no big deal, if we buy too much expensive makeup (we might plan that!), or if we're useless for the entire afternoon, no big deal. No agenda but wracking up memories:)

It sounds silly, but seriously, I treasure that time with mom. We usually go to Target, get dad to pick us (and our packages!) up and then JCP, Dillards, and then end up browsing at some of the high end places - depending on packages, and the number of coffees we've had. Again, if we need to Uber back to one of our houses to drop off, no big deal, if we get the best deals, no big deal, if we buy too much expensive makeup (we might plan that!), or if we're useless for the entire afternoon, no big deal. No agenda but wracking up memories:)

That's the best kind of memories, too! No planning, just happening. The only negative on Black Friday is traffic and parking, but if you can Uber - all the better!!

Heck no....:laughing:

We usually end up at Costco sometime in the late afternoon just to get out of the house and pick up the free cookbook. But no crazy doorbuster sales. Ick...

It's almost time...

Will you be participating in the shopping craze? In person? Online? A combo of both? Any stores in particular you know you're hitting?

Nope. I'll do all of my shopping in stores on Thanksgiving night, and maybe I'll do some online shopping on Friday.

I didn't go shopping on this Black Friday, but I made several purchases on the Internet. The biggest luck was to find a TemplateMonster sale on https://www.templatemonster.com/. As I build websites, it is great that I got a Wordpress theme with a discount there. Also I find it very convenient that sales on websites last several days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter