Will you be shopping on Black Friday?

MrsDuck

DIS Veteran
It's almost time...

Will you be participating in the shopping craze? In person? Online? A combo of both? Any stores in particular you know you're hitting?

I am due to have a baby next week so we are sitting out of in-person shopping. We will probably participate in some minimal online shopping but it should be a quiet year for us.

What about you?

Not this year, because we'll be in WDW. But when we're not there, yes, we always go out on Black Friday...now we even go out on Thanksgiving night for stores that are open. DW and I love it.

Maybe. I certainly will not be out when the stores open to get items. I am not interested in the big ticket items. I may do some online shopping.

(I am a former retail worker who spent many years working black Friday. That was enough craziness for me)

I am sure I will have to run the the grocery store for something but I will not be doing any "Black Friday" shopping.

It depends on whether one thing I want will be available online or not. If it isn't then I will have to go out, but just for that. I'll get anything else I want online whatever day the stores start their BF specials.

I'm now working retail. I volunteered to work on Thanksgiving, so I may not have to work on Black Friday. If I don't have to work, I may do some Black Friday shopping. It won't be as much fun as it was in the past - my sisters and I used to make it a girls day out, starting early in the morning and then doing brunch when we were done. They're all going to be in Virginia while I'll be here in NY, so if I shop, it will be alone.

Yes, but not in the US. We are going to Canada for Thanksgiving, and will be doing some shopping there. Last year they had a few "Black Friday" deals, even though it's an American thing.

I only went "Black Friday" shopping once, many years ago, when a 7 am opening was considered early. That was enough for me.

A few times I went to a store later that evening on Black Friday, after the craziness had died down and the doorbuster specials were over.

K-Mart has been open on Thanksgiving Day for decades. Once or twice I went in the evening after dinner.

Younger DD lives for Black Friday shopping. She already has a few things on her wish list from the ads that have leaked out early.

I have never been interested in Black Friday shopping, my mother wasn't either, so it was never part of our traditions. However, I once worked a retail job for about a year and got the early morning black friday shift. I was actually super excited to get there and start at 4AM. It was everything I thought it would be...nuts lol

We used to go shopping Black Friday - my mom, sister, aunt and cousin - as a fun girls day out, but that stopped a few year ago with some of us relocating to different areas of the country.

Now, I mostly do shopping online on thanksgiving day. For the past several years I have been able to get all of the same deals online as in store - with much less hassle. If I do go out on Black Friday, I wait until evening when the craziness has died down.

Maybe online. I won't go out to the stores as I don't enjoy shopping in general and I really am not a fan of crowds. But I will most likely check on the online deals that may be out there to grab a couple things.

Nope...hopefully I will be skiing if there is any snow. Otherwise I'll be relaxing in the lodge with a cocktail. Might do some online shopping if that's the case but no one really has any thing big on their lists this year so I'm not too concerned about it.

Most likely I will be done by then. The closer it gets the more retailers try to beat each other before Black Friday so I usually manage to get what I’m after ahead of time. If I do end up going out because most places split between Thanksgiving evening and Black Friday morning, usually I have the place to myself on Black Friday. Well me and a dozen clerks who are bored out of their minds. Honestly, I miss the craziness of a good old fashioned Black Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter