Will they allow a reservation for 4 at Sci Fi even if 3 year old sits between us in a car?

coasternut22

Mouseketeer
I booked a 5:20 reservation for Sci Fi in January and it looks like we'd be cutting it close to make it to Fantasmic at 7. It will be three adults and two kids 3&4. I originally planned on having my DS3 sit between my wife and I while DD4 sits with grandma. I scored a reservation for lunch the same day as the original reservation, but only for 4 people. I know I'm not guaranteed a car seat. But I'm wondering the likelihood of being turned away with only a reservation for 4, even if my son sits with my wife and I. Thanks for any insight.

It is not unlikely you will be turned away or one person asked to leave. Disney restaurants are very used to people trying to sneak in an extra, and they get lots of people doing it. Some of it is about capacity and fire code. Keep trying for the right size reservation.

The cars really do not work three across for servers. Even with small kids and supermodel skinny adults, it would also be tight.

You need an ADR for 5. They will not seat everyone with an ADR for 4. Each person has to be counted, no matter the age. I hate to tell you, but you need to cancel that ADR as there is no way you will all be allowed to use it.

There is no guarantee. But I bet they would be seated.

The cars just aren't built to seat or serve three across, which means if they got assigned a standard car, it is an issue to seat them. They'd need one of the side-on sorta-cars or a picnic table.

Have you been to SciFi? Just curious if you have been to the cars before. they are not generous!

I would keep trying for an earlier adr for the right size party.

5:20 adr, seated if lucky by 5:30. Leaves you 1 hour to eat pay and be scurrying for the other side of the park.
good luck!

Have you been to SciFi? Just curious if you have been to the cars before. they are not generous!

I would keep trying for an earlier adr for the right size party.

5:20 adr, seated if lucky by 5:30. Leaves you 1 hour to eat pay and be scurrying for the other side of the park.
good luck!

Somehow I totally missed the Fantasmic part. No way would I keep that ADR anyway. There is simply not enough time to have your meal and make it to Fantasmic. Most places run behind seating, and you don't want to be scarfing down your food and then running to Fantasmic.

Yeah it all sounds like a terrible idea. I'd find an earlier reservation if you want to make it to fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter