Will the men be turned away from Palo's without a jacket?

meab

Mouseketeer
We are traveling on the 3 night Wonder with a group of friends. We'd like to dine at Palo one night. I know the dress code says "jacket recommended"... how are you received if you're not wearing one? The men in our group were planning on wearing dress shirts with a tie, and dress pants.

I've seen this plenty of times, and you will not be turned away pretty much no matter what you wear, but definitely not if you're in shirt and tie.

OK, this is reassuring. I know it's anything-goes on most cruises, especially the shorter ones. But I also didn't want anyone in our group to feel out of place!

On our last 7 day cruise, I opted to wear just a nice sweater in lieu of a jacket. I must admit I felt very much out of place, since I was the only guy in Palo w/o a jacket...although maybe the 3 day is a bit more relaxed...

Unfortunately, unless you're in a tank top and sandals, you won't get turned away.

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I wish they would enforce the dress code at Palo's.

alexandrew, it looks like you are going on the Wonder on the 9th. Maybe you can scope things out in Palo's!

I'm guessing it would be different on the 7-nighter, because you really do have to bring a suit or a tux (or at the very least a sport jacket) for the dress-up nights. Most people probably figured they'd just go ahead and wear that to Palo as long as they had it along.

It could be different on the 3-nighter because no one might want to stuff a suit in their suitcase just in case they go to Palo.

IrishCowboy, I do see your point. Only sometimes practicality outweighs what we'd like to do in theory. Everyone traveling in our group has a child under 2, and we are all staying in FL many days pre- and post-cruise. It just doesn't seem smart to try packing a suit (and everything that goes along with it) if it's only going to be worn once over the whole trip to FL. There is too much else to worry about bringing and stuffing into the luggage. Everyone will be dressed nicely, just no jacket.

Unfortunately, unless you're in a tank top and sandals, you won't get turned away.

I wish that were true, but ...

On our last cruise, some guy shows up with his wife, apparently they came straight from a snorkeling excursion, and he was in a bathing suit, t-shirt and water shoes!! I couldn't believe it but they let him in, and they sat right behind us. How TACKY!!

Amazing how clueless some people can be. Didn't this guy notice that everyone else in the enitre place was dressed up? I would be way too embarrassed to show up looking like that. I wish Disney would enforce their dress code for these intellectually-challenged individuals!

'Beano':cool:

In 27 cruises, we too have seem some strange attire at Palo. Hubby's favorite is the guy wearing one of those t-shirts with a tuxedo printed on it. Last cruise, there was a woman in a gaudy sundress and those cheapo-type flip flops, and her hubby was in jeans and an eye-searing bright pink t-shirt. But the best had to be the woman who came flouncing in wearing jeans and totally barefoot! Normally I could care less what people wear, but I thought the barefoot thing was a bit extreme. Fortunately, these are the exceptions rather than the usual.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by inkkognito
But the best had to be the woman who came flouncing in wearing jeans and totally barefoot!

What a great idea! Then we don't have to worry about packing shoes, either! :p Certainly, I am kidding.

I will check out the attire at Palo when i return from the 1/9 cruise and post on my trip report...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter