Will the Disney direct points minimum ever be lowered?

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
Do you think the 150 points minimum for a direct purchase is here to stay? You’d think they’d make it easier to buy into places like Aulani and Riviera instead of harder. And the jump from 75 to 150 seemed to happen over a fairly short period of time.

What would convince you a direct purchase is worth it if you could buy in directly?

Do you think the 150 points minimum for a direct purchase is here to stay? You’d think they’d make it easier to buy into places like Aulani and Riviera instead of harder. And the jump from 75 to 150 seemed to happen over a fairly short period of time.

What would convince you a direct purchase is worth it if you could buy in directly?
I tried to buy in direct in Feb 2021 and the minimum was 125 pts.
I was interested in HHI and I would have bought direct if the minimum was 75-100 at the time (cash purchase).
Instead I went resale due to the minimum pts amount.

I am interested to see if DVC keeps the 150 pt minimum for the entire 18 month 50th WDW celebration.

I would purchase 25 pts direct if I could get a blue card :earseek:

Just to be clear, there are two different minimums, 150pts is min to get direct perks, a member adding on can do so as low as 25 pts or 50pts depending on resort.

Will this go back down? Who knows, they should have said buy 50 for the 50th as a short term deal.....I know, I know, I should work in Disney marketing :P

Just to be clear, there are two different minimums, 150pts is min to get direct perks, a member adding on can do so as low as 25 pts or 50pts depending on resort.

Will this go back down? Who knows, they should have said buy 50 for the 50th as a short term deal.....I know, I know, I should work in Disney marketing :P

See? I'd have bought that marketing!

They just raised it to 150 in June for new buyers, My thought is that will not go back down and that the rise was to allow them to price the new VGF lower than its $255 and still end up with the same profit.

You must have 150 points bought direct to be eligible for membership magic, unless you bought resale already and then It would be based on when to determine if someone is eligible.

Just closed on my first DVC contract today, a loaded 60-point SSR resale :) Thinking Disney wouldn't just let me swap out my white card for a blue for buying a measly extra 25 points direct.

Oh but if they did....💲😔💲😁💲😔💲

You’d think they’d make it easier to buy into places like Aulani and Riviera instead of harder.

Its still selling fairly well for Riviera. Aulani isn't going anywhere any faster by dropping the points down.

By having lower point requirements its also drives a surge in requirement of Studios since someone with 75 points doesnt really have any other option but to book Studios.

Need less than you will need to look at resale.

It also raises the dues, if you have 1,000 50 points contracts vs. 25 200 point contracts the admin costs are 40 times more. That ends up costing all of more. My dues when I purchased were $2.63 a point, now

Creates too much competition for studios.
That's true, but IMO the real source of competition for studios is the point charts. The studios are much more "efficient" in terms of value-per-point, and people aren't stupid.

Disney lowered point minimums during the Great Recession right?
I don't think so. They did stop ROFR though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter