Will resale prices go down after Jan 19th?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I just made a deal to add on yesterday so all of my points will be grandfathered in..... then I thought... oh wow.. what if the prices go down and I could save money instead.. did I make the right decision??

What do you all think?

I just made a deal to add on yesterday so all of my points will be grandfathered in..... then I thought... oh wow.. what if the prices go down and I could save money instead.. did I make the right decision??

What do you all think?

My magic 8 ball says: Ask again later :)

Hard to tell due to numerous factors and Disney's drunkin monkey leadership.

Short term I wouldn't count on it going down especially with direct prices going up.

I just hope you didn't pay (much) more than you otherwise would have..if there was an increase in value due to panic buying I would expect that to go back down.

Short term I wouldn't count on it going down especially with direct prices going up.

I just hope you didn't pay (much) more than you otherwise would have..if there was an increase in value due to panic buying I would expect that to go back down.
Thank goodness no! Pricing was right at whats its been and I got it for 2.00 less than asking... I wish prices were what they were in late 2016 when I bought my first one!!

None of the other resale restrictions have seemed to affect prices, and I seriously doubt this will either. It's still the same product other than being able to book at Riviera.

None of the other resale restrictions have seemed to affect prices, and I seriously doubt this will either. It's still the same product other than being able to book at Riviera.

For the time being, it's just Riviera and likely Reflections. However, there will be more DVCs in the future. If any one of those ever become highly desirable, it's undoubtedly going to negatively impact resale prices on the original 14.

LAX

If any one of those ever become highly desirable

Fair point, but that's the rub -- it's seriously unlikely that new DVC properties will ever be more (or equivalently) popular than BLT, PVB, VGF, BCV, or BWV. Those resorts (and BRV/CCV to a lesser extent) have by far the best locations adjacent to theme parks and also hold a level of sentimental value to those who may have stayed at them in the past.

If any one of those ever become highly desirable, it's undoubtedly going to negatively impact resale prices on the original 14.

LAX

Imo if that happens then ppl would buy resale at that resort and save a boatload of money. As the resort was highly desirable ppl would only want to stay there anyway.

Take BWV or BCV as an example ppl buy to stay there not sleep around :-)

If there is a Star Wars dvc that might make a impact to some buyers in the future. To me it looked like the market had softened a bit but this announcement bumped it up and decreased supply a bit from 3 weeks ago.

For the time being, it's just Riviera and likely Reflections. However, there will be more DVCs in the future. If any one of those ever become highly desirable, it's undoubtedly going to negatively impact resale prices on the original 14.

LAX
It will be interesting to see how many new DVCs are built and at what rate. The parks themselves are becoming fairly saturated I would think if they want to continue to build DVC and any other lodging they would have to consider a fifth park. Unless of course they continue to increase ticket prices resulting in lower attendance. Its a balance act with a number of wild cards

I hope resales don't go down but when we bought it was $66 a pt so we should still get some back.

Imo if that happens then ppl would buy resale at that resort and save a boatload of money. As the resort was highly desirable ppl would only want to stay there anyway.

In our case you are absolutely correct. In the 12 years we have owned at BCV we have never chosen to stay anywhere else. We bought to stay there and we do.

I don't see this change affecting resale prices at all. I actually expect them to rise as they've been doing every year.

The value with 14 resorts is still great. Rivera resale on the other hand I expect to be horrendous.

That's my point. If any of the new DVCs become highly desirable, who would want to buy a contract from the original 14 that won't allow them to book there? I think it would negatively impact resale values of the original 14 contracts.

LAX

I don't see this change affecting resale prices at all. I actually expect them to rise as they've been doing every year.

The value with 14 resorts is still great. Rivera resale on the other hand I expect to be horrendous.

I suspect the same on all points. Riviera resale will be interesting, for sure. If not horrendous, definitely less than the others. As far as buying Riviera direct, most direct buyers won't have any idea about this and will buy anyway, at least for the foreseeable future.

That's my point. If any of the new DVCs become highly desirable, who would want to buy a contract from the original 14 that won't allow them to book there? I think it would negatively impact resale values of the original 14 contracts.

LAX

The highly desirable resorts all have location as their most desirable feature. DVC would need to build a new tower at BLT to have any new resort approach the popularity of the existing resorts. Look at AKV, it is one of the most beautiful themed resorts at WDW, but is not that highly rated because of its location. I think all the best locations are already built on.

The highly desirable resorts all have location as their most desirable feature. DVC would need to build a new tower at BLT to have any new resort approach the popularity of the existing resorts. Look at AKV, it is one of the most beautiful themed resorts at WDW, but is not that highly rated because of its location. I think all the best locations are already built on.

I know real estate in general is all about location, but speculating resale values of the original 14 is similar to trying to predict the stock market. No one really knows for sure until the next "hit" comes along. Plus, keep in mind that you don't need a mass exodus to have a negative impact, all it takes is some of those prospective buyers who otherwise would have bought the original 14 if it weren't for what they consider as their next big hit.

LAX

I know real estate in general is all about location, but speculating resale values of the original 14 is similar to trying to predict the stock market. No one really knows for sure until the next "hit" comes along. Plus, keep in mind that you don't need a mass exodus to have a negative impact, all it takes is some of those prospective buyers who otherwise would have bought the original 14 if it weren't for what they consider as their next big hit.

LAX

Agree that there are multiple factors that can effect the price of the original 14 or any other resort. The question is, assuming everything else stays the same, are the Original 14 more valuable now or less valuable because of the change in resale restrictions?

Everything else being equal, I think the original 14 are just as valuable or more so with this change.

It will be interesting to see how many new DVCs are built and at what rate. The parks themselves are becoming fairly saturated I would think if they want to continue to build DVC and any other lodging they would have to consider a fifth park. Unless of course they continue to increase ticket prices resulting in lower attendance. Its a balance act with a number of wild cards
great point!! They need another park .. its already so packed at certain times, its almost... not enjoyable...

The front of Epcot sounded appealing to me - that's the only one that I might feel a "loss" about. But otherwise - for location I think they can only hope to equal what is already built and they'd have a very difficult time equaling all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts