Will Poly DVC Construction Impact Hotel Experience?

toddfraser78

Earning My Ears
I am planning to stay at the Poly in June 2023. Anyone know if the construction of the adjacent high rise DVC property will disrupt the experience of those staying at the resort during that time? Like will it be loud and/or an eyesore? I am considering changing my reservation to the Contemporary if that is the case. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Doubtful that you'd be aware of it. The location is essentially between the Poly and the GF. If concerned, ask for a room closer to the TTC.

IMO it’s going to be a bit of a two-sided tale for awhile. The new tower and pool are RIGHT UP AGAINST portions of three buildings - Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu. That’s roughly 83 rooms by my count, most (although not all) of which are Standard View that are going to be looking right at what will be a material construction site.

That leaves the other sides of those buildings plus the balance of the resort (fortunately a much larger room count) with minimal to no impact. You could easily have a room on the east side of the marina and have no impact at all. Other than the path to the gym and GF, a guest in Samoa, for example, typically has no reason to ever go on the west side of the resort where the construction will be so could go about a typical stay and never even know.

Assuming they plan to put people in the rooms directly overlooking construction, I suspect it will put a premium on requests for longhouses such as Rarotonga. Or for booking categories that provide for more control over your view and likely longhouse.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it goes.

1651449876506.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter