Will I regret our hotel choice?

5kidsmommy

DIS Veteran
We are going down to Florida for a business trip and adding on two days at Disney next month. My husband is a sweetheart and wanted to take me to Disney since we haven't been for since September 2020. Right now the plan is to stay two nights at All Star Music. We stayed there once pre-covid in a non-refurbished room. It was awful because the beds were so small. I understand now they are queen beds. We got a good deal and I'm trying to tell myself it will be fine. Most of our trips we've either camped in our own camper or stayed in deluxe hotels. Although we had a lovely stay years back at CBR.

I could switch to CSR for about $450 extra in a king room or POFQ (king room) for about $500 extra. It's only for two nights so that seems ridiculous but still within budget. How much am I going to regret staying in a value? It's only two of us but I'm older now and get cranky. Am I just being whiny? Oh and we are not open to close folks, we like midday rests.

Even thought I am not a fan of ASMU, I can't see spending that much more for two nights. I would stick with what you have, with the savings. Newer bigger beds, go back for a mid day rest then maybe go have a nice sit down early diner before heading back to the parks. Just use the hotel for sleeping and showers.

We are going down to Florida for a business trip and adding on two days at Disney next month. My husband is a sweetheart and wanted to take me to Disney since we haven't been for since September 2020. Right now the plan is to stay two nights at All Star Music. We stayed there once pre-covid in a non-refurbished room. It was awful because the beds were so small. I understand now they are queen beds. We got a good deal and I'm trying to tell myself it will be fine. Most of our trips we've either camped in our own camper or stayed in deluxe hotels. Although we had a lovely stay years back at CBR.

I could switch to CSR for about $450 extra in a king room or POFQ (king room) for about $500 extra. It's only for two nights so that seems ridiculous but still within budget. How much am I going to regret staying in a value? It's only two of us but I'm older now and get cranky. Am I just being whiny? Oh and we are not open to close folks, we like midday rests.
The renovated rooms are nice. Basic, but clean and attractive. It’s worth it to get a preferred room because you would be near the food, transportation, and main pool.

How much am I going to regret staying in a value? It's only two of us but I'm older now and get cranky. Am I just being whiny? Oh and we are not open to close folks, we like midday rests.
We only stayed value one time, it was All Star Sports decades ago, it was a one & done for us. It's OK to be older and cranky about your accommodations, if you can find the the money in the budget I'd def upgrade to a mod. We have stayed at both CSR and POFQ, they are both nice though we'd choose CSR. Have fun!

We only stayed value one time, it was All Star Sports decades ago, it was a one & done for us. It's OK to be older and cranky about your accommodations, if you can find the the money in the budget I'd def upgrade to a mod. We have stayed at both CSR and POFQ, they are both nice though we'd choose CSR. Have fun!
I agree with this except I’d choose POFQ. :)

How do you plan on spending your time? If more than one park day, I’d save the money. If one or less, upgrade for the extra amenities of a moderate.

How do you plan on spending your time? If more than one park day, I’d save the money. If one or less, upgrade for the extra amenities of a moderate.
We are just doing one park per day, too short of a trip to justify park hoppers. We are just doing Epcot and MK this trip. We aren't huge ride people, well my husband is but I am limited on how much time I can physically spend in the parks. I use to be an open to close ride everything multiple times person but four years ago (at 45) I had a stroke and everything changed.

We always stay at value resorts and really enjoy them. We have been to Music twice and planning to again this summer.
We find they offer everything that we need at a very fair price (for Disney that is). That being said if I was not a fan of them and was only going for two nights perhaps it would be a great opportunity to splurge and stay at a fancy resort that you would not normally stay at on a longer trip due to $$$. Whatever you decide have a great time.

The renovated rooms are definitely a big step up from what they used to be at the value resorts. We are a family that usually stays now in DVC rooms or at the Dolphin on a discount, and we had a great couple of nights at ASMU this summer. The rooms are right inline with the pop renovation and the food court was decent. I would say go with it to save the money.

You could price out Swan or Dolphin. They are better location and sometimes competitive in price. Nicer hotels than Disney deluxe IMO.

Swolphin swing wildly in price, so who knows?

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights over wine and dine weekend and it was fine for 2 of us for 3 nights. Our bodies were achy and tired and the beds were comfy and we got a good nights sleep. The room is functional and the design is good, in my opinion.

I would not stay more than 3-4 nights and not with more than 2 people but that’s just a personal preference. We like space and multiple bathrooms when we have more than 2 people in our traveling party.

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights over wine and dine weekend and it was fine for 2 of us for 3 nights. Our bodies were achy and tired and the beds were comfy and we got a good nights sleep. The room is functional and the design is good, in my opinion.

I would not stay more than 3-4 nights and not with more than 2 people but that’s just a personal preference. We like space and multiple bathrooms when we have more than 2 people in our traveling party.
Yeah we usually do DVC if there are more than just us. But we also typically do a 5-6 day trip, this is a short one.

I think ultimately we are going to stick with what we have since it's only two nights. I'm going to miss my nightly hot tub soak but thats okay.

ASMU will have a queen bed and a queen murphy bed that pulls down over a small table. If it is just two of you, you can leave the murphy bed folded up in the wall. That makes the room feel more spacious.

ASMU will have a queen bed and a queen murphy bed that pulls down over a small table. If it is just two of you, you can leave the murphy bed folded up in the wall. That makes the room feel more spacious.
That is what I'm hoping. It was sooooooo cramped last time we went and we had to each use a bed because the beds were so tiny. :rotfl2:

I’d stay off site. So many great resorts at similar prices for Disney’s version of a motel 6 which is what I compare the all stars too (albeit a nice motel 6). Gaylord, caribe royal, world center marriot are all great resorts which I’ve seen priced in the past the same as all stars. We’ve stayed at each and Gaylord is our favorite

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter