Will I lose FP if...

BellaBaby

(Im)patiently waiting for next trip to Disney!!
I cancel part of our onsite stay? We have a 10 day trip for May planned and we may shorten it due to what is going on now. It makes sense to cancel the beginning portion since that pushes it a little further out. I realize I need to rebook but I have 2 days grace period right? Concerned about losing FP.

Others have reported not being able to just shorten your stay, and that they have had to rebook the entire trip. Things may be different given the current situation though. You should call and ask.

What I would do is rebook first and then cancel so you have an active reservation. But, I have heard you are given time to provide the new reservation.

The only thing I don’t know is if you booked 60 days out from check in for the entire trip and now drop those initia days, does that impact things.

Id try and find that out first.

I cancel part of our onsite stay? We have a 10 day trip for May planned and we may shorten it due to what is going on now. It makes sense to cancel the beginning portion since that pushes it a little further out. I realize I need to rebook but I have 2 days grace period right? Concerned about losing FP.
It MIGHT prove to be "bad" for your FPs if you drop the earliest days of your reservation.
You will have taken advantage of the earlier date(s) for booking your FPs, then have cancelled the original
early resort date(s.)
Disney has made rules against guests intentionally doing things like that.
But, I'm not sure about how many days "early" (then the room days cancelled) would be considered a "violation" of the FP booking rules.

What I would do is rebook first and then cancel so you have an active reservation.
1. But, I have heard you are given time to provide the new reservation.
2. The only thing I don’t know is if you booked 60 days out from check in for the entire trip and now drop those initia days, does that impact things.

1. In this case, the OP wants to SHORTEN the trip and drop the earliest date(s,) the date(s) that allowed the booking of FPs earlier in regard to the "later date" trip.
2. I'm thinking that it might have a negative impact.

Last edited:

We had to move our trip to September, our fast passes are still there for May.

Just make sure you don’t “cancel.” What you want to do is “modify.” Don’t cancel the reservation and then rebook a new one. You should be fine.

Thanks all. We've decided to leave things as is right now. Chances are we may get cancelled by Disney. But we're going to try our hardest to make it work! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter