Will I like Wilderness Lodge?

We always avoided it for some reason but decided to do all of the deluxe resorts that we hadn't tried previously. We ended up loving WL and are planning to get DVC points there. WL and AKL both make me feel like I'm in a resort outside of Disney in some secluded place. They've done such a good job of theming. We love Geyser Point and the couches down by the water, the pools are very nice and we even actually liked having breakfast at Roaring Forks which is unusual for us to do QS/CS especially for breakfast. When you're wandering around the grounds you definitely feel like you may be in the Pacific Northwest in the summer.

I love the WL. Will you? Hmmmmm, that's tougher. One of the nice things about this forum is that official threads for each resort give an amazing amount of solid information. It's pretty easy to evaluate each resort based on these offerings, and the folks who keep it updated deserve a great deal of credit.

My favorite parts of the WL are, not necessarily in order:
  • Theming--what a nice job they have done on this! Even when I'm not staying at this resort, I make my way over to sit and enjoy the place for a bit. I very much want a fireplace like they have in the lobby.
  • Speaking of fireplaces that are a pleasure to sit in front of, they are ubiquitous. It may sound like a small thing, but it's really quite nice.
  • Boat access to CR and MK is convenient and fun.
  • Food quality is decidedly average (not terrible, just average), but the venues are nice--particularly down by Bay Lake (is that Geyser Point?).
  • Renting a small motor boat and cruising around Bay Lake is very cool.
  • The cabins! My brother and sister-in-law were feeling wealthy (and generous) and invited me to stay in one for a few days--very cool.

I hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter