Will Grad Nights really affect my vacation?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I am trying to plan a WDW trip and am looking into the last week of April which runs into the first weekend of May. I know Grad Nights will be on both ends of my trip, but I am wondering just how much those nights might effect our vacation. I know MK closes early to set up for the Grads, but I usually try to avoid MK on a Friday night/Saturday anyway. Will there be a marked increase of crowds due to the festivities? Anything you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

When we were there last April the only thing grad nights effected, that I wanted to do was e-nights. We were there for a week and not 1 e-night. The kids really don't come out til night so it didn't really effect our trip..

Have a great trip,
Hope

All the May e-nights were cancelled last year, they don't seem to have them anymore except for peak crowd times.

The only effect I've noticed going around that time is there is no Spectromagic at MK on those weekends, sometimes it does not run at all for 2 or 3 weeks because it's usually only on weekends during non-peak season.

I'm wondering the same thing??!!
But with Easter late this year??!!!What will they have scheduled that weekend of April 26th and 27th???
What day are you arriving? They may still have the parade during the week??!!
Any info would help us!
Thanks.

Thanks for the replies so far! We are not interested in e-nights....we really enjoy the evening "down time", or spend it at Epcot. I would be a little disappointed at not being able to see Spectro, though.....I have never seen it before. However, I'm not going to let it spoil the whole vacation if we decide to go then.

Now if only the resort codes would come out.....AND low airfares!! Not too much to ask, is it??? LOL!!

hoosll:

You will be ok for your trip....Grad nights are the Friday and Saturday nights at the end of April and the beginning of May.....

We went during grad nights two years ago and were unhappy about missing Spectro and fireworks at MK. Last year on a trip to Universal, at the same time of year, we decided to go to MK on Saturday so that we could see Spectro and fireworks. It was the only night in that time frame that they were going to have it. It was so packed that day. We stayed until the end and saw them, but it was probably not worth the crowd. If you are not set on seeing these two things, then you will probably not even notice the teens there. Universal is a different story. They were bussing in teens all day the Friday before that.

I find the only real affect is the loss of hours at MK and loss of nightime entertainment because of the shorter hours. To make matters worse last year, there wasn't any e-ticket nights during our stay and we were there for 2 weeks! I don't find the crowds any different--moderate heavy, but not holiday heavy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter