Will Disney follow Royal and not require vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that article makes it sound like there will be 2 “classes” of passengers. Unvaccinated will have to undergo testing and follow other covid safety measures. How in the world do they expect to administer that? And when do they plan to tell these unvaccinated passengers what the protocols will be? “At a later date” isn’t helpful for planning. Seems like setting themselves up for having to cancel cruises due to exceeding the threadhold for covid cases.

Yep. If it's not a 95/98 cruise, they must do test cruises to demonstrate the restrictions.

Yes, I'm sure DCL will not require vaccines. I wouldn't be surprised if the unvaccinated have to undergo testing before boarding, and perhaps periodic testing or temperature checking throughout the cruise. I do not expect that general Covid protocols (masking, distancing, etc.) will be any different for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated passengers, because they aren't going to want to aggressively police customers who are relaxing and having fun onboard- it just isn't the DCL way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the unvaccinated have to undergo testing before boarding, and perhaps periodic testing or temperature checking throughout the cruise.

These are in the CDC guidance for lines not requiring vaccination, so it should be expected that the testing at boarding and at each port will be required.

If they cant require proof of vaccine then how do they know who’s not vaccinated?

Yes, I'm sure DCL will not require vaccines. I wouldn't be surprised if the unvaccinated have to undergo testing before boarding, and perhaps periodic testing or temperature checking throughout the cruise. I do not expect that general Covid protocols (masking, distancing, etc.) will be any different for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated passengers, because they aren't going to want to aggressively police customers who are relaxing and having fun onboard- it just isn't the DCL way.
I think after Nov 1 it all goes away. It’s weird how Carnivals prez gave this kind of vague statement about requiring vaccines and then 12 hours later after the market closes on Friday Royal makes the big news dump.
I was actually expecting Carnival to make an announcement last Friday after the market closed, but they postponed it.

Just to add I dont expect Carnival to mandate vaccines out of Florida either.

Exactly. So they will have to use the same protocol for everyone.
Not necessarily upon check-in and boarding. They could possibly not require vaccination or proof of vaccination, yet still offer guests the option of sharing vaccination information in lieu of Covid testing upon boarding and during the cruise. That would be a bit of a gray area in terms of Florida's law, but it could certainly be interpreted as satisfying the requirements by not directly requesting the documentation, just leaving it as a desirable option for volunteers to provide. Florida might accept that as a happy medium to keep their law upheld while cruising would still be simplified by a large percentage of cruisers not having to be Covid tested.

Once onboard, it wouldn't be practical for DCL to police mask-wearing & distancing based on vaccination status, so I agree that everyone will have to follow the same protocols for that.

They might ask people to fill out a health questionnaire online that includes uploading vaccine card. I don’t know if that would bypass Florida law since they are not asking for proof in Florida and they are not denying service to unvaccinated guests. .

Yep. If it's not a 95/98 cruise, they must do test cruises to demonstrate the restrictions.
It’s vague as usual but it says a test cruise so just one test cruise and then they are good to sail??
Royal and Disney are both scheduling test cruises
2A769CC3-7EC2-4DD3-A9AD-E2F7B47C36CC.jpeg

They might ask people to fill out a health questionnaire online that includes uploading vaccine card. I don’t know if that would bypass Florida law since they are not asking for proof in Florida and they are not denying service to unvaccinated guests. .
I am in FL, where I'd upload my card.

I think after Nov 1 it all goes away

This is what I’m hoping. I assume unless the CDC extends the order the cruise lines can follow whatever policies they feel are needed to keep passengers safe. I have the December 5th 7 night cruise booked on the Fantasy and hope masks and reservations for the pools are not required. We also want to explore the ports on our own.

I’m so happy to see things finally moving along. I really miss DCL!!

CDC will eventually drop all restrictions and will cruise like normal, guidance will be to just assume everyone is vaccinated and put up a sign that says, “CDC strongly suggests unvaccinated guests wear a face covering”

Thats my hunch.
That's mine too!

The G7 countries and the EU are working together to see if they need to create a uniform vaccine passport for entry. If this goes through, it might not matter if different cruise lines do not put in a vaccination rule. Cruises go to different countries. It might end up that certain cruises, may have different requirements for sailing. The Delta variants are becoming dominant in many countries and spread primarily by those who are not vaccinated. Those who are, can still catch it. This is an evolving crisis right now. The CDC is American. Canada and other countries have different health bodies overseeing the pandemic rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter