Will Disney follow new CDC recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Florida, it's Disney. And Disney has recently stated Disney Cruise Line guests must wear masks indoors on their vessels when they restart. I'm personally hoping they re-adopt this policy for Walt Disney World following this afternoon's CDC announcement.

So it's going to be perfectly fine to fill every inch of Main Street during Disney's great big 50th birthday fireworks, but you have to wear a mask while on Haunted Mansion?

That's ridiculous.

Our trip starts September 4th. I hope if they make the change they do it quickly so I can cancel. Either that or I will shorten it to 2 days instead of 10, go see HEA one last time, and drive home to Southern Florida.

So it's going to be perfectly fine to fill every inch of Main Street every night Disney's great big 50th birthday fireworks, but you have to wear a mask while on Haunted Mansion?

That's ridiculous.
I agree. It makes no sense to require it indoors if you continue to take risks in other areas. Outdoor IS safer but outdoor air is not magical when you cram thousands of people together.

I hope Disney does implement it. I'm fully vaxxed and so are my kids that I'm travelling with but I am also required to test before coming home. If everyone is required to wear one I'm less likely to have a breaktgrough case. I'll be wearing a mask indoors regardless.
We are with you 100%. We're in the same boat and I'm most concerned about not being able to return home because we tested positive on our return airline test, and then cannot board the flight and have to spend two more weeks in Orlando (and all the hassle that goes along with that). Se we plan to be super careful.

I hope Disney does implement it. I'm fully vaxxed and so are my kids that I'm travelling with but I am also required to test before coming home. If everyone is required to wear one I'm less likely to have a breaktgrough case. I'll be wearing a mask indoors regardless.

feeling the exact same!! We’re planning to wear masks indoors no matter what, so hoping they implement this so we can all be safer. And if it causes people to cancel then…not gonna be crazy mad about it :)

We check in next Saturday…I know I’m probably in the minority, but I’d be thrilled if they brought masks indoors back. Right now, we’ve decided to only go to the parks for Boo Bash and otherwise just make it a resort vacation. But masks indoors for everyone might mean we’d venture out a bit more, plus feel safer inside the resort,

These are all examples of why a policy based on areas of high transmission are a horrendously bad idea. These areas change non stop, and thus the policies would change on a weekly basis. Very hard for a business to follow any such rolling mandate.

There's a difference between a policy and a requirement. The CDC generally releases guidelines for others (governments and business entities) and encourages them to consider implementing.

But yes, I agree that have policies differ per locale can cause confusion (not to mention that people will read them however they want to see how they can avoid any additional rules placed on themselves).

There's a difference between a policy and a requirement. The CDC generally releases guidelines for others (governments and business entities) and encourages them to consider implementing.

But yes, I agree that have policies differ per locale can cause confusion (not to mention that people will read them however they want to see how they can avoid any additional rules placed on themselves).

Exactly, this is why businesses may choose to ignore the CDC this time, as they would have to constantly change their policy on whether masks are required on a very short term basis. This would make trip planning VERY difficult for guests who care about whether masks are required or not. Especially w how the Delta variant seems to have a very combustible boom and bust cycle, businesses would be constantly changing whether they require masks or not.

When they were imposing masks previously I believe it was being reported that when in line, once you officially crossed the line entrance then you had to put a mask on. So the snaking lines we’re seeing all over the parks wouldn’t require a mask, presumptively. But still, some lines are outdoors even after you cross the official threshold to the ride and wearing a mask even then in this heat would be oppressive.
We were at WDW in late May and those were the rules when we were there. We didn't have to wear a mask while walking around outside. We were asked to mask up as soon as we crossed the official threshold of the start of the line, even if that was outdoors like Slinky Dog or the Safari. We bought "mask lanyards" to keep the mask handy around our neck when we needed them.

We were so looking forward to getting back to Disney in February for a short trip just DH and I before the big trip next October for Food and Wine with DD. We have had COVID-a year ago this October. We got vaccinated in March so we would not have to worry about restrictions while in Disney. Yes I know masks are still required on planes and at airports, public transportation, but I booked when Disney lifted the mask mandates (except on transportation) and the Boardwalk opened. Now, depending on the decisions that get made, we will cancel for February if masks are required and hope for better times in October I guess.
Isn't that a little premature? It's 6 months till it's February, that's a really long time in Covid-years. Measures can be changed back and forth several times before it's February. I would wait as long as you can before cancellation fees, if applicable, come into play.

Exactly, this is why businesses may choose to ignore the CDC this time, as they would have to constantly change their policy on whether masks are required on a very short term basis. This would make trip planning VERY difficult for guests who care about whether masks are required or not. Especially w how the Delta variant seems to have a very combustible boom and bust cycle, businesses would be constantly changing whether they require masks or not.
But Disney doesn't have a requirement to drop a mask requirement just because the CDC changes its recommendation. No business does.

But Disney doesn't have a requirement to drop a mask requirement just because the CDC changes its recommendation. No business does.
Never said they did. I'm questioning whether it is possible for a company like Disney to follow CDC guidance, if the guidance is that masks are recommended in areas of high transmission. It seems nearly impossible in that those are would change continuously. Thus, to follow the CDC, Disney would require/non require masks on a constantly evolving basis.

Never said they did. I'm questioning whether it is possible for a company like Disney to follow CDC guidance, if the guidance is that masks are recommended in areas of high transmission. It seems nearly impossible in that those are would change continuously. Thus, to follow the CDC, Disney would require/non require masks on a constantly evolving basis.
I don't think Disney would. I think if Disney were to implement it based on CDC recommendations that it would stick until case numbers and transmission rates dropped significantly again. I don't think they would just say well our county is good so no masks again.

We were so looking forward to getting back to Disney in February for a short trip just DH and I before the big trip next October for Food and Wine with DD. We have had COVID-a year ago this October. We got vaccinated in March so we would not have to worry about restrictions while in Disney. Yes I know masks are still required on planes and at airports, public transportation, but I booked when Disney lifted the mask mandates (except on transportation) and the Boardwalk opened. Now, depending on the decisions that get made, we will cancel for February if masks are required and hope for better times in October I guess.
Well I got vaccinated too for the same reasons & just got back from Wdw & have covid 😔. Like I posted previously, it’s mild in that I’m not hospitalized or dead, but this is still miserable. I also lost my sense of smell like many do & wonder if I’ll ever get it back b/c some ppl don’t. A lot of ppl in my area have started wearing masks again just based on our state’s recommendation (no mandate). I actually wish wdw would bring back social distancing more than masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter