Will DCL ever let 4 people stay in a cabin meant for 3?

TheLanes

DIS Veteran
We are two adults and two kids under 6. We can easily manage in a cabin without the extra pull down bed. Will they let us stay in one of those? Last time on Carnival no one wanted that upper thing anyways, kids were scared so high up.

Thanks!

We are two adults and two kids under 6. We can easily manage in a cabin without the extra pull down bed. Will they let us stay in one of those? Last time on Carnival no one wanted that upper thing anyways, kids were scared so high up.

Thanks!

They will not let you book 4 people into a room that can only accomodate 3.

You would need to book a 4 person (bed) room and not use the upper bed.

:cutie:

I don't think so, I think it has something to do with how the assign the life boats/muster stations more than how many can fit in the bed.

No, they won't allow it even if the number 4 is a 4 month old infant who will sleep in a crib.

No, they won't allow it even if the number 4 is a 4 month old infant who will sleep in a crib.

Bummer! I wonder if there is any way to beg for it, or is it a law? Because if it's just a rule of theirs, we all know that we are supposed to expect them to bend it!!!!!

Bummer! I wonder if there is any way to beg for it, or is it a law? Because if it's just a rule of theirs, we all know that we are supposed to expect them to bend it!!!!!

It is more than just a DCL rule....every person is required to have a berth or bed and I believe it is a government rule.

Just think of how many people would put 4 people in a 3 person cabin and save money if it was allowed. You are not the first to ask, though.

MJ

It is more than just a DCL rule....every person is required to have a berth or bed and I believe it is a government rule.

Just think of how many people would put 4 people in a 3 person cabin and save money if it was allowed. You are not the first to ask, though.

MJ

I'm not trying to sneak our fourth person in a suitcase, we've paid for four already!

It seems they could balance out the lifeboat numbers easily enough with their computers. How many cabins for four only have three people, etc?

Seems like a very silly rule. If I am willing to agree to putting our family in the cabin they shouldn't care.

I'm not trying to sneak our fourth person in a suitcase, we've paid for four already!

It seems they could balance out the lifeboat numbers easily enough with their computers. How many cabins for four only have three people, etc?

Seems like a very silly rule. If I am willing to agree to putting our family in the cabin they shouldn't care.

Sorry if it seemed I meant you were trying to sneak a fourth in...that was not my intent.

MJ

Never say never :) Although our 4th was 9months old in the pack and play. In 2009 we booked an OV cat9 for 4. We wanted to upgrade at port. The last remaining balcony only slept 3. I mentioned our 4th would be in the crib and could an exception be made, the ship's safety officer had to be contacted for approval. After a few phone calls we were allowed the room.

Again, this was 3 yrs ago.

Never say never :) Although our 4th was 9months old in the pack and play. In 2009 we booked an OV cat9 for 4. We wanted to upgrade at port. The last remaining balcony only slept 3. I mentioned our 4th would be in the crib and could an exception be made, the ship's safety officer had to be contacted for approval. After a few phone calls we were allowed the room.

Again, this was 3 yrs ago.

Oh man, you just gave me hope! I have to believe the problem is the computer locking up and a mindless CM not being able to move past it. Hopefully a little begging will help...

Just out of curiosity... It looks like you are already paid in full and your cruise is coming up fast. If you've already paid for four, and you can just choose not to use the pull-down bunk, why are you so anxious to move to a room that only accommodates 3? Are you unhappy with your location?

Just out of curiosity... It looks like you are already paid in full and your cruise is coming up fast. If you've already paid for four, and you can just choose not to use the pull-down bunk, why are you so anxious to move to a room that only accommodates 3? Are you unhappy with your location?

I'd love to upgrade to a verandah, but there is only 1 or 2 four person cabins left. There are a bunch of ones for three though.

I'm happy with our current cabin, but I'm never satisfied with just happy..

I'm not anxious, just obsessive.

I'd love to upgrade to a verandah, but there is only 1 or 2 four person cabins left. There are a bunch of ones for three though.

Lol, I guess I can identify with that from time to time myself. Good luck with your upgrade. :)

If you want to upgrade to a verandah and there are a couple of 4-person verandahs available --- and if you are obsessive, as you said :goodvibes --- why not grab on the the four person verandahs that are available?

As for rearranging lifeboat/muster stations, it's not just a question of balancing out lifeboat numbers. If a boat can hold X and your room makes it X+1, then they have to remove someone from that boat. If the cabins in that area are all booked, that is not ado-able.

Of course, I agree that it never hurts to ask.

...I have to believe the problem is the computer locking up and a mindless CM not being able to move past it. Hopefully a little begging will help...
That's REALLY harsh. Is that the same CM that is trained on evacuation procedures, onboard safety, and lifeboat procedures?

- Dreams

Some of you are missing the point about the numbers. The computer automatically locks 4 from booking a cabin for 3. Someone higher up, with a higher pay grade, can probably look at the lifeboat numbers and see that there either is room or not. I'm sure there are lots of cabins with three or less people when they could hold more...

I have booked the cabin I like, thanks ilovetorun.

Ahead of time - no they won't let you move into a three person room. At the port when you try to upgrade they may. They would have to check the lifeboat capacity for the area the room is located in and make a decision there. They cannot make a decision ahead of time because until the sailing is closed for further bookings they will not know the final numbers

Begging will not help

It is a law about x amount of people in this section of rooms due to x amount that fit in the lifeboat. Can you imagine if there was a true emergency then someone would lose their job over it or a passenger their life over "bending the rules"

If the lifeboat capacity for the area is full they just cannot do it. There have been many times when traveling with a large group that a fourth person could not be added to a room that slept four because the lifeboat capacity for that area had reached capacity

Some of you are missing the point about the numbers. The computer automatically locks 4 from booking a cabin for 3. Someone higher up, with a higher pay grade, can probably look at the lifeboat numbers and see that there either is room or not. I'm sure there are lots of cabins with three or less people when they could hold more...

I have booked the cabin I like, thanks ilovetorun.

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it goes.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter