Will Christmas decorations be up on Nov. 2nd?

Selket

Been there - done that
Any idea if the Christmas decorations in the MK will be up this year on Nov 2nd? The last Halloween party is Nov. 1st so I was wondering if there's any chance they'd change over to Christmas overnight? Our trip ends on Nov. 2nd and I'd have time to go to the park in the morning if there's a chance I could see some Christmas stuff. And....any idea if the Christmas merchandise would be out by the 2nd?

They do start putting up Christmas after the last Halloween party in MK, you won't have the full park decked out the day after but there should be some decorations up. Not sure about the merchandise but I'd imagine that would start getting put out as well.

They do start putting up Christmas after the last Halloween party in MK, you won't have the full park decked out the day after but there should be some decorations up. Not sure about the merchandise but I'd imagine that would start getting put out as well.

I thought I saw a tv special last year about how in one night they took down all the Halloween stuff and put up most of the Christmas stuff. It would be fun to see some of the Christmas stuff if it goes up!

I thought I saw a tv special last year about how in one night they took down all the Halloween stuff and put up most of the Christmas stuff. It would be fun to see some of the Christmas stuff if it goes up!
It doesn't happen quite in one night--Disney really decks things out, so it's a lot of labor to take one holiday down and put the next up. They do work on it overnight, but it happens over multiple nights. If you keep an eye on it from day to day you might notice that they do things in planned sections so nothing ever looks half-finished.

They do the decorations on the light posts and around main street, but the tree doesn't go up until later and the decorations outside of main street go up more gradually. i think that Time lapse video was over more than one night, because they do handle all of it after park closing each night until it's all up.

So it sounds like it would be worth a look on Nov. 2nd to see if anything happened. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of it and some of the Christmas merchandise.

We used to always go from Halloween to the next week and were amazed that we went to the Halloween party in Nov1 and the front square was decorated on Nov 2. More came out as the week went on.
There may be a few things out that day but check when theist halloween party is.

I’m not expecting much difference at all. I understand that in the past, they make a big change in one night. But not only do they have the last Halloween party on the 1st of November, but they also have EEMH on the 2nd of November where the park is open to guests at 7. It really only gives them about 4/5 hours to turn it around this year.

Last year we were there over Halloween and we were surprised that Nov. 1st Christmas was in full swing. Merchandise, the tree on Main Street, and Jingle Cruise... (we were super excited to catch that).
I don't know that it is promised, but for sure with a look.

In my experience, the majority of the Christmas is ALL up by the second full week of November.

That's what I'm hoping for! Disney can do that in 4-5 hours right? right? lol!

They can.

And they do.

Closed a MNSSHP and opened MK the next morning. The florals were all poinsettias, small trees decorated on the train station platform, Toy soldiers and trees by Town hall and Main Street was decked out. The transformation is unreal.

My son was a gardener at the MK for two years. He got to do the changeover both of those years. They start work right after the last guest leaves the park and they finish up right before the first guests arrive the next morning.

Do the resorts do any switch over that night as well? I am leaving there 11/2 and won't have time to visit any parks that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter