Will BWV refurbishment spoil the magic while there?

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
Hi all, going down October 5-11 and want this trip to be extra special. It will be my husbands first time at our home resort BWV, and my second (but the first time there I was only in a studio for 4 days, this time we'll be in a 1 BR). Also baby's first trip and his Gigi (my mom) will be with us, so I want everything to be perfect (well as perfect as you can plan for anyway). When I booked the room a couple of weeks ago, member services said that it looked like quite a few studios were blocked off for refurbishing. From reading another post it sounds like there is a lot of scaffolding up and I guess will still be there in October. Do you think this will take away from the experience of being there. I'm contemplating switching to BCV if I think it will "tarnish" the image of the BW while we're there. I'm am being unreasonable?

All that I can say is that it sure didn't negatively impact our last two trips at all. (12/2001 and 2/2002). For those, there was scaffolding and temporary walls on most of the rooms direcftly overlooking the boardwalk and the rooms overlooking the quiet pool/community hall. By October, I would assume that they will be done with all of the work that overlooks the Boardwalk itself. It appeared to me that they didn't assign any rooms that had scaffolding right outside the balcony. IMHO, you'll be fine at BWV.

Wherever you decide to stay, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We were just there at the end of January, and the scaffolding that was up on the Boardwalk side did not take away from our enjoyment AT ALL. Had a fantastic time, and the Boardwalk was beautiful, even with the scaffolding. :D

We were there in October and again from 2/24-3/3 and had an awesome time. Scaffolding or no scaffolding the BWV are awesome!!!

Last May they were painting the halls right outside our room. It did not bother me in the slightest. We'll also be there Oct. 6-18. The only way I'd consider switching to BCV would be if I had a preferred view - then I might try to switch only to try out the new resort. But I've got standard, so it's fewer points to just stay w/ the BW and we love it there anyway.

NOPE!! You will have a great time! I barely noticed it, though the scaffolding does cover an entire "building" facing the boardwalk, including the gift shop there. But the boardwalk is as beautiful as ever, and the side you spend the most time on, the walk to Epcot, is just the same as always.

Are they ever not working on the place? I don't think I have ever been there when there wasn't some kind of maintenance going on. I'm happy to see it well cared for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter