Wildlife in your yard.

So, I grew up in the country, as in it's 5 miles to the paved road, lol. We had pretty much anything you can imagine out there!

We now live in rural Atlanta area, and our property has a large swath of trees that connects a swamp to the next large woods, across the road. It's an animal superhighway. We have had deer, coyotes, and bears! I put up a trail camera to see what passed thru, after the bears. All I ever saw with that was deer, raccoons, opossums, squirrels, etc.

Gators in the grass that edges our lake just outside the lanai. My Least favorite ... bunnies go thru as do coyote .. who have literally ripped down the gutter twice now to try to get to the escaping critters. I’d rather replace the downspout repeatedly than see a dead animal. Poor bunny didn’t survive once :(. Frogs and rarely a squirrel. Deer and Bear scat between myself and neighbor but not seen them while they visited and I’m ok with that.
Earlier this week my early morn walk was with several deers across the street. and the occasional snake in the Pool, which I detest, hubby went around that lanai like a man on a mission. Since then, all good!!
Yeah.. fla life

Whereabouts in RI do you live. My dad lives in a rustic area near the Mass/CT border. It's full of woods - and ghosts! ;)

I live in Johnston, but in the woods.

Does your dad live in Foster or Burrillville?

We haven't seen any more than usual here. I think the only wildlife sightings this week have been a few birds and a bunny.

Over the years, we've seen (in order of amounts) small birds, pheasants, squirrels, frogs, bunnies, racoons, geese, deer, snakes, coyotes, and one bear.

Deer and Bear scat between myself and neighbor but not seen them while they visited and I’m ok with that.
One morning I noticed an animal must've ripped down two of my 6 foot sunflowers. No joke (even tho April Fools, lol)...
the next day I found a big pile of bear poop 5 feet away from the flowers that was dotted with undigested sunflower seeds. Guilty! *points finger at the bear*

the next day I found a big pile of bear poop 5 feet away from the flowers that was dotted with undigested sunflower seeds. Guilty! *points finger at the bear*

Umm.. I'd recommend giving the bear a thumbs up, and saying "I planted those JUST for you" while slowly backing up into my house... :D

I live in Johnston, but in the woods.

Does your dad live in Foster or Burrillville?

Burrillville. Technically I lived there as a baby but I don't remember it. I've been up for many visits though. It's like stereotypical New England around there. :)

Cool. I wanted to feed that fox so badly, just can't though with a little dog often over.
Yeah we have two Wire Fox Terriers. Our oldest is 12 years and pretends to ignore squirrels and chipmunks. The squirrels got used to him, but didn't count on us getting a Wire Fox pup. Well we had 6 squirrels is all I will say ;) The other five are much more aware now.

Had a new one yesterday. We have 4 enormous Queen Palms in our front yard, and from time to time they drop big fronds with a big crash. So yesterday, I was moving one of the fronds and discovered a dead BAT!

I have no idea what species -- very small (<3 inches), could have been a baby.

We have about 2 1/2 acres much of it wooded. We have deer, coyotes, woodchucks, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, wild turkeys, owls, buzzards, hawks, once we had a piliated woodpecker. Probably hundreds of tree frogs right now that drive you crazy at night.

We live in South Florida. I have seen:

foxes
LOTS of iguanas
assorted other lizards and frogs
snakes
hawks, vultures, assorted other birds
squirrels
mice/rats

Last edited:
Funny you should ask. This little guy has been sitting in my chair on the front porch all day. The neighbor says he is a cuban white frog :confused3 In addition to him there are tons of lizards and I have seen one black racer snake :faint: I did NOT take a pic of him lol
20210606_090336.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter