Wilderness Lodge December 2019

Jenbo

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! My husband and I were able to book a room for December 2019 at Wilderness Lodge. But, now, some family want to join us and we are on the lookout for other rooms opening as they are currently all booked. Has anyone had any luck with other rooms opening? Thank you for the help!

Late November and December is the busiest time for the Wilderness Lodge. It just perfectly captures the holiday feel. On top of that December is always busy and people are starting to reserve in anticipation of Galaxys Edge being open. I’m guessing you’re looking at the week of the first, as I see rooms all the other weeks. Best thing you can do is check the webpage frequently. This far out people cancel and change their plans all the time.

We just switched an early December WL reservation to mid November. Originally we tried to move it up only a week (to right after Thanksgiving) and nothing was available in any room category for the whole first week of the month. It's definitely a popular resort at that time of year (with good reason!). As the PP said, just keep checking. Hopefully something will open up. Maybe someone else will switch to mid-november, lol.

You just have to keep checking. We stayed at CCV the week before Christmas in 2017 and I really wanted to switch to the resort side. I looked for months and nothing opened up. We were still very happy with CCV! In fact, if WL isn't available, I would check to see if there is availability at CCV or BRV. CCV is in the same building as WL and BRV is right next door. They all share the same resort amenities - pools, buses, boats, etc.

You just have to keep checking. We stayed at CCV the week before Christmas in 2017 and I really wanted to switch to the resort side. I looked for months and nothing opened up. We were still very happy with CCV! In fact, if WL isn't available, I would check to see if there is availability at CCV or BRV. CCV is in the same building as WL and BRV is right next door. They all share the same resort amenities - pools, buses, boats, etc.
Curious, why would you rather stay at the resort side than the CCV side?

Curious, why would you rather stay at the resort side than the CCV side?

We wanted two real beds instead of a bed and a pullout. I was also hoping for a standard CL room at WL. We ended up in a 1-bedroom at CCV and it was gorgeous, so I have zero complaints! Honestly, especially over Christmas, I would take anything at WL, BRV or CCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter