Why would someone say this to a 4 1/2 year old?? -

I think your son is absolutely adorable, and that woman a complete moron. What a horrible thing to say to a small child.

I'm guessing that woman was making a statement about the war in Iraq. While I'm no supporter of this war and never will be, I have nothing but respect for our troops. And if a little boy has dreams of being in the military and wants to dress up like that, well, more power to him. He's a cutie, transparent, I'm sorry he was made to feel bad. Tell him we on the DIS think he looks like quite the little soldier. :)

He's such a little cutie, why would anyone say anything to him to try and hurt his feelings? :confused3 Good for your for standing up for him!

you are a nicer person than I would have been .

Sometimes people that do not have children do not understand them and I'm going to quess she had none and that was why she was rude to your son!!!
But that still does not make it ok

your son is so cute :love:

thats is soooo rude
your son is soo cute and more people should APPRECIATE the military and teh services they do and what there families miss out on

i hope you gave her a piece of your mind

wow this is blowing my mind

Thanks everyone! I have to admit...for a while I was truly perplexed as to why she made that comment. But the only explanation I could think of was what Snoopy said.

I thought my older boys were going to say something much worse to her than what I said....they don't like it when someone picks on their baby brother...but than again...the baby brother doesn't like it if someone picks on them either. LOL!

transparant said:
Thanks everyone! I have to admit...for a while I was truly perplexed as to why she made that comment. But the only explanation I could think of was what Snoopy said.

I thought my older boys were going to say something much worse to her than what I said....they don't like it when someone picks on their baby brother...but than again...the baby brother doesn't like it if someone picks on them either. LOL!
I wouldn't have been able too keep my mouth shut. I would have hurt her feelings. I am still shocked that anyone could say that to a little boy!

He is sooooo cute!!!! :love: For the record, my son DOES want to look like his Daddy, haircut and all. He's almost 4. I would be LIVID if some rude person made a remark like that to me or my son. You are a much better woman than I will ever be because I would have said something, and it wouldn't have been pretty. ;)

I think your son looks very handsome in his "uniform". Just remember some people just enjoy sucking the fun out of everyone else's day.

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people can be rude to strangers. She had no right to make a comment, despite how she may have felt about your son in that outfit. She can be against the war in Iraq and against anything to do with the US military, but the point I am making is that she was not asked for her opinion on your son's outfit so in my opinion she should have kept her own mouth shut. I am sorry he had to be subjected to the rudeness that is running rampant in our world.

And he sure is a cutie! :wave2:

What an insensitive thing for her to say. God bless your son and may he someday achieve his hearts desire! He looks adorable in his 'uniform' and btw, my son also loves to dress like his dad, haircut and all!

GRRRR! What a moron!

You tell your sweet boy there are plenty of people in this world that think he is adorable, and hope that he still wants to serve and protect our country when he grows up!

FayeW said:
Well, I undoubtedly would have thought the same thing, but I would never have said it out loud!

You're from Canada. We don't expect you to understand the love, appreciation and admiration that we have for our men and women in uniform.

Your son is precious. I would have said, "At least I didn't dress him in THAT" and eyeballed her up and down.

What an obnoxious woman. Blech.

I think he looks adorable and see nothing wrong with a child dressing like a soldier.

As far as appropriateness of it, I'd rather see a child with a honor and respect for our servicemen and want to emulate them by dressing like them than someone who buys camo pants from the army/navy store and "skanks" them up because they think it's a cool fashion statement

Boston Tea Party said:
Your son is precious. I would have said, "At least I didn't dress him in THAT" and eyeballed her up and down.

:rotfl: I wish I had the guts to say something like that :rotfl2: - but I don't.

Boston Tea Party said:
You're from Canada. We don't expect you to understand the love, appreciation and admiration that we have for our men and women in uniform.

Generalize much? :confused3

Some people just have no class. :sad2:
Hope your son's dream of becoming a Marine does come true. :goodvibes

Boston Tea Party said:
You're from Canada. We don't expect you to understand the love, appreciation and admiration that we have for our men and women in uniform ...

"We" apologize to DISers of Canada who may be offended by that remark. "We" don't all feel/think the same way as the above poster.

I'm sorry that woman was so awful.

While I don't agree with FayeW and her statements, I also do not agree with the remarks Boston tea Party made either. Next time both individuals should try and be the bigger person.

Transparent - your son looks adorable. I think either A) the woman felt the way Snoopy did or B)She may have lost someone in the military/marines/etc.

~Amanda

That was an extremely rude thing to say to your child. I do want to suggest why she may have said it. I grew up in the 70's and was very opposed to the Vietnam war and much of that mentality carried over to my young adulthood and early parenting. I never let my sons play with guns and would never dream of dressing them in military garb. If I saw little boys acting out in war type play, it broke my heart. The last thing I would ever desire was for my sons to be in the military and go to war. That being said, I would never have said anything out loud to you or you DS. Anyway, she may have thought more along those lines, and then opened her mouth and out it fell.
I have changed so much since that time, and do not feel like that anymore. (long story) I hope your son one day lives his dream. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!