Why such love for Soarin?

We don't care for it much either. My kids call it Borin'. :laughing: I would go on it again but only if there was no line. We had a lot of expectations for this ride and were very underwhelmed by the reality.

It is WAY more popular at Epcot vs. at California Adventure in California, ironically. I still like it. They are going to upgrade it to a digital or something, DL version closes in Feb. for a long rehab.

I know it's very popular but why? Both me and my wife found it to be kinda eh. I feel like it would be possibly a better ride if it were individual screens or possibly replacing the actual footage for graphics based environment that can change each time you ride.... Thoughts? Why do you love it so much?

It's my DH's favorite because it's calm and relaxing. A good change from the rides that jerk and throw! :) The whole family just sighs after Soarin. It's sweet.

I went to DCA the first year it opened- I was 7 years old. I absolutely HATED Soarin' from the first ride, but of course the rest of my family loved it. I mean there was a rollercoaster- with a loop- and water rapids- and we can watch movies at home! 7 year old me was kind of a thrill seeker :P

I've been very surprised as to how popular it's become. That along with TSM (once again I rode that the first year it came out) that one's cute, but to base an entirely new FP system on making sure you get to ride that ride without being at RD, really? (No seriously, all the people who talk about how they love FP+ use TSM as an example, it seems like there's no other ride in the park!). I love me some slow rides, Haunted Mansion and Journey into the Imagination being two of my all time favorites- but I really don't get why someone would wait 90 minutes (on a $50 park ticket) to watch an IMAX movie. But then again, I'm sure some people would have no idea why one time I tried to ride Tower of Terror 23 times in a row, but to each his own! :)

I feel like it a ride that has a great draw for the crowds because virtually anybody can ride it and not get sick ... kinda like the Peter Pan ride ... it's not an overall interesting ride but it's something you can do at any age or height and enjoy it... it's more of an experience that you can't completely have anywhere else in the world (except California) and gets you the closest experience to something many people would love to do but don't feel safe enough or aren't able to actually go hang gliding not to mention the cost factor and danger .... I feel like it's a one of a kind ride and I didn't like it originally either but it starts to grow on you when you take a moment to think about what had to be done to make the experience a possibility and he ingenuity involved in the ride experience .... yes it's not an intense ride but I don't think it was intended to be (mission space is a similar concept for the thrill seeker) but more of an imaginative futuristic concept on display like a majority of Epcot that many people can enjoy kind of like the nemo ride it's horribly non exciting until you get to the end (at least for me) but there's a part of the rode everyone has to appreciate in some way ... live animals, love of the movie characters, the tunnel of the EAC or just being in a clam she'll for kids ... I just think it's something everyone can find a way to enjoy and they're willing to wait to see it ... most people here must have have had that same curiosity their first time and you have to think many of the people entering the gates each day may very well be their first experience at Disney and want to do absolutely everything if possible

To put it simply, it is my 78 year old grandmother's and my 5 year old daughter's favorite ride! To think they can both enjoy it together is just wonderful.

It's a great ride one of my favorite ride in Disney I could ride it all day. It is so relaxing it's a engineering marvel. Love it.

If a ride like soarin is boring to people, what stops them from sticking a sharp stick in their eye when doing things like waiting in line at the grocery store:confused3

If money were hemorrhaging from my pocket in line at the grocery store the way it does in line at Disney, and I were burning precious vacation time that could have been spent at any nice place in the world, I might very well poke a sharp stick in someone's eye.

Disney can't just make Soarin better than the grocery store, they have to make it better than a sunset over the Grand Canyon, or a day at the beach, or at least better than the Transformers ride at Universal.

It is WAY more popular at Epcot vs. at California Adventure in California, ironically. I still like it.

Totally right! We never waited more than 20 minutes at California Adventure. Probably because people there know the places seen during the movie and also because there are many other major attractions in the park...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter