Why such love for Soarin?

In the past, we've ridden on the top row, not seeing everyone's feet hanging down. This year, we were on the bottom row, and I felt it was a totally different (more fake) experience.

I didn't know you could ask to wait and be on the top row. Will try that next time.

You guys have some great ideas about getting a new flight for the ride.

of COURSE I was drinking the koolaid with the rest of you-its Disney! The combination of all elements make it a wonderful family vacation. However I know more people who do NOT like it and are 'one and done' than people who like to go repeatedly.

We're fans of Soarin'. I enjoy the grandeur and beauty of the nature scenes, the majestic music, and the sensation of flight, breezes, scents, etc. all add to the experience.

Of course, I'm a sucker for beautiful scenery and music... I also love "Impressions de France" which many people are completely bored by.

Speaking of which (nanny nanny boo boo), I'm here in France as I type this... spending a week here and just visited the Palace of Versailles today, relaxing at the hotel in Paris tonight before we head out to Normandy and Mont Saint Michel. :banana:

After hundreds of trips to WDW we finally got to ride. Soarin last time at Epcot (one of the benefits of fp+) but we didn't really see the big deal. I guess we had heard how great it was for so long, just about anything would've been a letdown. It was good but not a must do for us.
I'm more interested in knowing how you avoided riding Soarin in over 200 trips?

of COURSE I was drinking the koolaid with the rest of you-its Disney! The combination of all elements make it a wonderful family vacation. However I know more people who do NOT like it and are 'one and done' than people who like to go repeatedly.

And I know more people who love it and would be bummed if they couldn't ride it repeatedly, so :p .

;)

Both my kids, 24 and 14, love Soarin' but not me! I don't like the feeling of being that high in the air, even though I've seen the footage of how it works and I know we're not that high?

I think that's why my kids like it, they know it scares the ears off of me!

So I think after reading this I figured out what hinders it for me. The content of the movie does not hit home as well as the quality of the picture.

I am going to be giving it another shot again on the next trip. If I remember correctly though I feel like it needs an update to the quality of the video not just the content.

We shall see and hopefully they start invest in more headline attractions at Disney World so they can have some downtime to update Soarin.

So I think after reading this I figured out what hinders it for me. The content of the movie does not hit home as well as the quality of the picture.

It was a MUCH better attraction when the film was new. The dust spots and black patches really ruin the immersion.

I'm sure someone will correct me, but the rumors are that it is at least getting a new digital projection system sometime this year. That shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 days to install.

If a ride like soarin is boring to people, what stops them from sticking a sharp stick in their eye when doing things like waiting in line at the grocery store:confused3

I wouldn't wait an hour for it, but do enjoy the ride.

We were told 2 years ago that it was just about to get a new system that would remove those marks, but, apparently that has not happened.

Its my favorite ride. Love the music and the big screen. Love the smells and the "breezes." I would ride it every day if I could :goodvibes.

Yes! Mine too. Everytime I get a hint of a citrus smell I think of Soarin. I love the music as well, sometimes I hear it played on my mouseworld radio app.

Let's be kind to Soarin'...it shows us all that the hours spent with erector sets as a kid can pay off if you become an imagineer.

I just rode it for the first time in October and it's my new favorite Disney ride:

Why the love:
-- The whole family can do it together
-- A little excitement with motion, but no twists and turns for people who can get motion sickness pretty easily -- me
-- beautiful scenery of California
-- some places we've been in California -- so nostalgic (brings back great memories)
-- DS loves it (so his smile and my smile together / having fun together is so worth waiting in the line to ride it
-- DS picked it out for me to try because he thought I'd love it and I did
-- unique -- I haven't done a ride like this in another park
-- clever (even the boarding) - like getting on your plane in an airport

Based on the lines, I'm guessing we're not alone in our enthusiasm for the ride

It's not my favorite ride in all of Disney but I opted to FP+ because my daughter is FINALLY tall enough to ride and I know she is going to LOOOOVE it. Plus everyone in the family enjoys it.

In case you're wondering - my favorite ride is Tower of Terror. I could ride that all day!

I enjoy the queue area as well as the entire Land area. Is it just me or does it have a certain aroma that is very refreshing and inviting?

I am lukewarm about Soarin. It was good the first time, but now we pretty much ride it only if we get a fast pass or if the line is 15 minutes or less. The thing that turns me off the most about the ride is how long it takes to get on the ride. The line in general is one of the worst, but then you finally get to area where the cast member takes fast pass tickets, and you get stuck in the dreaded secondary queue. Then you finally get past that, and you have to stand in your numbered row line for what feels like an eternity and watch the pre-show video. No bueno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter