Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies! - A Dec. 2013 TR *Completed

The wontons are the ENTIRE reason to eat at Yak and Yeti. I could go there, not care about anything else, and just eat the dessert wontons.

Wow. The server was trying to talk you out of the drink out of sheer laziness? That's a first.

Crazy lady not liking the wontons. I'm sure Alex didn't mind though, it just meant more for him really. LOL.

I can't believe how that CM was talking to you! That's crazy! You also have me so nervous about the early December crowd levels. :scared:

Hmm that is so odd about the server! Which reminds me... On our recent trip... I started talking to this guy who worked the monorail... I noticed he was from South Carolina and untold him how lucky he was, etc.. He basically said the same thing... ;((((( I'd gladly change jobs with both of them- ha!

Yak and Yeti doesnt appeal to me like some of the other restaurants... I have to be in the mood for " that type of food" which isn't very often... :(((

What a sucky attitude your server had from the get-go! That can definitely taint a dining experience. I might have been tempted to talk to the manager about the server's attitude. :sad2:

Perhaps if I ever go back pregnant I’ll send the boys to Epcot and take a day for myself. Ideas…
So... you're thinking that spending a day, pregnant and solo, in the hottest theme park known to man seems like good idea? :rolleyes1

It grew and grew the longer we stayed in Disney.
Don't forget the part about getting heavier and heavier too. :headache:

I was on the fence about getting it, but when someone tries to convince me out of something simply because it would make their life easier….well, I wanted to do it for the principle of the matter.

Passive aggressive Alicia, at your service.
I bet it tasted great after he tried to talk you out of it! :lmao:

I'm sorry your server wasn't exactly the poster child of good Disney CMs.

My mom got the chocolate cake
I'd definitely take one of those.

And yeah, I didn’t need anything chocolate again for the rest of the trip.

The rest of the month, actually.
:eek: Blasphemy!

I'm the same way with Magic Kingdom. On multiple occasions I've visited and not ridden a thing, and honestly felt completely fulfilled. I could actually probably say that about Disney in general though.

“Hi, my service is probably going to suck today due to other rude guests, but don’t let that affect my tip, please.” :rotfl2: Nice reading between the lines there Alicia. :thumbsup2

Interesting comparison of the QS and TS chicken. That's good to know.

It's funny. Lots of people hate their jobs and/or the companies they work for. Yet for some reason I take it personally when it's Disney.

I don't know if I could spend a good majority of the day inside the MK and not ride/see something. There's just too many favorites of mine to skip.

It's probably because we feel so personally invested in the Disney company, that we don't like to hear people trash talk it, especially when they are wearing the company's uniform. It's like when someone says they hate your favorite dessert and can't stand your favorite movie. Like a shot to the heart! :rotfl2:

Wow, that is a bummer you had such a Disney-bashing server! :sad2:

Yummy desserts, though. That chocolate cake does look delicious! :thumbsup2

He was an interesting fellow. Certainly made the meal memorable.
I guess the only silver lining that I forgot to mention was that the CM who walked us to our table was the sweetest gentleman alive. He was just so kindhearted. So there's that...

The wontons are the ENTIRE reason to eat at Yak and Yeti. I could go there, not care about anything else, and just eat the dessert wontons.

Wow. The server was trying to talk you out of the drink out of sheer laziness? That's a first.

Crazy lady not liking the wontons. I'm sure Alex didn't mind though, it just meant more for him really. LOL.

The drink incident confused me more than anything. It took me a minute for my brain to process what the guy was subtlely trying to do, then I was like, "Wait, what? Why am I doubting my choice?"

Alex definitely appreciated the extra wontons.:rotfl2:

I can't believe how that CM was talking to you! That's crazy! You also have me so nervous about the early December crowd levels. :scared:

That particular week was a fluxe for Disney. Nobody, not even the company, was expecting such high crowds. It was one of those times that couldn't have been predicted, no matter what.

Hmm that is so odd about the server! Which reminds me... On our recent trip... I started talking to this guy who worked the monorail... I noticed he was from South Carolina and untold him how lucky he was, etc.. He basically said the same thing... ;((((( I'd gladly change jobs with both of them- ha!

Yak and Yeti doesnt appeal to me like some of the other restaurants... I have to be in the mood for " that type of food" which isn't very often... :(((

I get that. There are restaurants in Disney that I have no desire to try, too. Pretty much all the seafood places and a lot of the moderate TS places. But that's the great thing about WDW, there's something for everybody!:thumbsup2

What a sucky attitude your server had from the get-go! That can definitely taint a dining experience. I might have been tempted to talk to the manager about the server's attitude. :sad2:

It certainly changed the atmosphere of the meal. If anything, we just all kind of chuckled to each other when he walked away, because we were surprised at his negativity. Nothing could bring this guy up. Not even Christmas!:rotfl:

So... you're thinking that spending a day, pregnant and solo, in the hottest theme park known to man seems like good idea? :rolleyes1

If the next one's like Landon's, then it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't know, I took really long walks every day (in the FL heat) so I guess I was just used to it.:confused3

Don't forget the part about getting heavier and heavier too. :headache:

And hence why my mother and/or Alex usually lugged that thing around.:rotfl2:

I bet it tasted great after he tried to talk you out of it! :lmao:

Like victory!

Great job describing your dining experience. I have eaten there once and I thought it was just OK. But its been several years so I'm ready to give it a try again. Your meals do look yummy and the desserts - OMG! YUM!

I think the theme of the restaurant is really cool and there is so much to look at. Glad you guys gave it a try!

Yikes, that's not a very nice attitude for a server to have. Clearly you're in Disney, most likely a fan... no need of bashing the place.
We like Yak & Yeti, but mostly for the wontons. I agree about most of what you said though -- we've had better food (but it's nice to get out of the heat), and the quick service chicken is better (but they don't have the wontons! Haha)

Great job describing your dining experience. I have eaten there once and I thought it was just OK. But its been several years so I'm ready to give it a try again. Your meals do look yummy and the desserts - OMG! YUM!

I think the theme of the restaurant is really cool and there is so much to look at. Glad you guys gave it a try!

I wish the food at Y&Y was much better. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't spectacular. Which is a shame, because the look of the place is amazing and well worth visiting if in AK.

Yikes, that's not a very nice attitude for a server to have. Clearly you're in Disney, most likely a fan... no need of bashing the place.
We like Yak & Yeti, but mostly for the wontons. I agree about most of what you said though -- we've had better food (but it's nice to get out of the heat), and the quick service chicken is better (but they don't have the wontons! Haha)

We were much happier with the quick service Y & Y. The egg rolls there were delicious. But I can definitely see us going back to the restaurant later down the road so Alex can get some more wontons.:rotfl2:

Friday, December 6th, 2013:

Our bellies full, my crazy group exited Yak & Yeti and backtracked through Asia. My mom had a FP she was wanting to use, and since she was gracious enough to babysit Landon while Alex and I rode EE, getting her on the attraction was the least we could do.

Welcome to DinoLand!

I have to say, when I visited Animal Kingdom as a kid, I loved this part of the park. I don't remember much about my 1998 trip except for snippets here and there. And playing in the big boneyard and exploring the T-rex skeleton in the Dino institute are two of the clearer memories.

So, while I am not excited at all about Avatarland, if Disney does it right (which I'm sure they will) then kids are going to freak over it. It'll be just the thing AK needs to extend it from a half day to a full day park.

Not to mention, something besides princesses would be nice. I grew up with two brothers, so I wasn't the girly girl that you kind of had to be to really soak up the royal table and BBB. In all honesty, if Avatar and DinoLand were around when I was about ten, my parents would have had to drag me and brothers, kicking and screaming, out of the park.
:rotfl2:

And whoa there, I really went off topic. Apologies. That came out of left field right there.

Getting back on track...

We noticed even the dinos were getting into the holiday spirit:

A short ways away, I commandeered the stroller and P.I.T.A. so that Alex could accompany my mom on her ride. However, when we walked up to the entrance, there was the dreaded Cast Member standing in the way.

Everyone knows what that means.

Knowing the answer, Alex asked the guy if the ride was down, and of course the guy replied with a yes.

Sad.

No Dinosaur for my mother.
:sad1:

A big bummer, since my mom was really looking forward to riding it. She isn't a fan of roller coasters or simulated rides with screens, but she loves Dinosaur. Being whipped around and surrounded by loud noises and massive animatronics is her thing.:lmao:

Hey, there's something for everybody.

That's the beauty of Disney.

And for my mom, that was about as thrilling as she got, so it was her equivalent of riding Rock N Roller Coaster. I could imagine if I thought I was going to be hitting up my favorite coaster and was turned away, I'd have been sad, too.

Dinosaur being down left a huge time gap in our plans. Originally, we were going to get a rider swap and have Alex and her go on it back to back, so I was planning on a good forty five minutes of rest time with Landon. Now we had to find something else to occupy ourselves.

Landon was still awake, so we walked over to the smaller rides.

My mom asked if Alex and I wanted to go on Primevil Whirl.

:scared::sick:

Ugh.

We're good. Once was enough for this couple.

We did see Triceratops Spin, though, and figured that could be Landon's makeup ride for missing Dumbo.
Same principle, really, he just wouldn't get the awesome view of Cinderella's Castle whenever he was up high.

He'd survive.

There was about a fifteen minute wait.

Could these two guys look any unhappier? I mean, I know it was Day 6 and all, but c'mon. A little smiling wouldn't kill 'em.

Geez.

This is my lot in life, people. Family who looks like I'm conducting forced family fun time inside an amazing theme park.

I'm such a meanie.

When our turn to ride was up, the Cast Member placed us in the handicapped dino. This worked out perfectly, because the joystick was on the side of the vehicle, rather than in front.

Meaning...

Landon had the reins!

I sat in the front row with my mother so I could photograph Landon's version of a thrill ride with his dad.

I'm so glad I did, too, because I loved watching those two have a blast together. It was such a precious father/son moment, one that I could tell as I watched was special.

There's a million tiny pieces that go into a parent/child relationship puzzle, and as I saw Alex smiling and laughing over Landon's giggles, I knew that was one of them. While you can never pinpoint an exact reason why a kid gets so thrilled to see his father walk into a room or come home from work, this joyride in AK was certainly one of them.

(You'll have to excuse the overabundance of sappiness, anytime I see photos of Alex and Landon together I get all awwww, knowing I won't get any new ones until 2015.)

Who's having more fun? I think the answer to that would be Alex.
:rolleyes:

Eventually, I did turn around and enjoy the ride myself. And just like on Dumbo, I liked that particular kind of attraction more than I thought I would. Completely surprised myself by that discovery. Not to mention taught me something new.

Once we were done with our Triceratops, we checked back over at Dinosaur to see if maybe the attraction was up and running.

No luck.

So, we still needed something more to do.

Why not a meet and greet? We seemed to be on a roll with them this trip.

My mom shot us one of those Blegh, I don't think I'm up for another round of characters. There's only so many plushy hugs this old lady can take. So, she found a seat on a nearby bench and manned all our crap for awhile.

Alex, myself, and Landon, meanwhile got in a fifteen minute line for our favorite Wilderness Explorers.

Dug and Russell!

Landon is best buds with our dog, Buster. Will go up to him and hug him, share his food with him, even bring him his chew toys, (he wasn't doing this back then, of course, but you get my drift) so I was optimistic that he'd like Dug.

And I was completely right.

I carried him over to say hello while Alex entertained Russell for a bit. Dug licked Landon's face, complete with wet slobber sound effects, and Landon was hooked.

When we lined up to take a picture, Landon wouldn't stop grabbing Dug's nose. It was too tempting for him. Unfortunately, he also grabbed and pulled poor Dug's ear, so I had to put a stop to that.

Dug isn't as accommodating as Buster, Landon. Just because you yank on his hair does not mean the dog will automatically move out of your spot on the floor.
:rotfl2:

The upside to forcing the baby to break his grip on poor Dug was that he actually looked towards the camera for our Photopass pictures.

And as Alex and I were smiling for the pictures, we heard everyone in the long line collectively go, "AWWWWWW!!!!"

Followed by the PP going, "Yes! Got it!"

Alex and I looked down at Landon as we made our way away from Dug and Russell. Both of us just shook our heads and smiled.

"He must have done something cute, like smile or something."

I had to agree with Alex on that. Landon was/is the type of kid who elicits people's awws.

As it turns out, though, the photo must have been snapped right after, because Landon doesn't look overly cheery in it.

A good picture, nevertheless.

Alex and I couldn't decide what was our favorite part of the whole meet and greet experience. Dug licking Landon's head, Landon yanking Dug towards him, or a few dozen strangers all staring and smiling at our kid.:rotfl:

If there's one thing Landon learned at an early age, it was how to work a crowd.

Meeting back up with my mother, I noticed she was looking none too pleased. I asked if she wanted to check on Dinosaur again, but she declined. She definitely had that end of the trip slump going on.

You know, the one where nothing is as thrilling as it first was back on Day 1. By that point everything was too far away, the weather too hot to fight with, the bags too heavy to lug around, etc etc.

What didn't help was the day had been pretty...lackluster for her. Not much was accomplished in the way of her To-Dos. It was a lot of sitting around and waiting in Animal Kingdom, and I think she was just over it at that point.

So, I herded us all towards the exit and back to the Unicorn parking lot. It was time to give everyone a break and a chance to chill at Pop.

Up Next: Winging It

Last edited:
I have no doubt Disney is going to do something special with Avatar-land. It will most certainly NOT be the Harry Potter killer, but it will be beautiful and immersive I think.

I gotta say, I LOVE that your mom loves Dinosaur just on principle alone.

Hahahaha, That photo of Alex and Landon is just so opposite the norm. Usually it's the baby (no Alex jokes Alicia, lol) staring off camera. This is perfect.

Awww (see, one didn't even need to be there to Awwwww) what a great interaction and photo with Dug and Russell. No doubt the highlight has to be the crowd response.

Hmmm, I don't know what it is (except maybe that I didn't enjoy the movie in the least) but I just can't get excited about Avatar coming to AK. :confused3 Oh well, it's coming, so I guess I'll have to suck it up!

Awwww, so many cute Landon-isms! He looks like he REALLY loved seeing Dug! I know just what you mean seeing those sweet daddy/son moments. They really melt your heart!

Hi, Alicia! I can't believe I've missed so much of your TR! I'm trying to get all caught up though!

I gotta say--I'm kind of sad that you didn't like the wontons at Y&Y. They are some of my favorite desserts in all of Disney! But I can understand that everyone has tastes for different things!

I hate that Dinosaur was down! What a bummer for your Mom! And it stinks that everyone was getting the "end of the trip" blahs! :(

Landon definitely is the kind of kid who causes oooohhs and awwwws!!

Aw, I'm sorry that Dinosaur was closed! :sad2:

We feel the same way about Primeval Whirl that you do! Once is enough.

Oh, so sweet to see the father/son bonding on Triceratop Spin. :goodvibes Nice that Landon was able to control it too! :thumbsup2 I can't imagine that feeling of knowing you don't get to see them make new memories together for so long.

Love, love, love the pics with Dug! :love: So adorable and no wonder the crowd ooohed and aaahed.

I have no doubt Disney is going to do something special with Avatar-land. It will most certainly NOT be the Harry Potter killer, but it will be beautiful and immersive I think.

I gotta say, I LOVE that your mom loves Dinosaur just on principle alone.

Hahahaha, That photo of Alex and Landon is just so opposite the norm. Usually it's the baby (no Alex jokes Alicia, lol) staring off camera. This is perfect.

Awww (see, one didn't even need to be there to Awwwww) what a great interaction and photo with Dug and Russell. No doubt the highlight has to be the crowd response.

The two guys certainly gave some interesting looks at the camera throughout the trip.:lmao:

Hearing a big group of strangers gush over my kid was definitely a memorable moment. I'm a pretty shy person in real life, but I've kind of have had to get over that now that Landon's around. He's always causing people to stop and talk to me.

Hmmm, I don't know what it is (except maybe that I didn't enjoy the movie in the least) but I just can't get excited about Avatar coming to AK. :confused3 Oh well, it's coming, so I guess I'll have to suck it up!

Awwww, so many cute Landon-isms! He looks like he REALLY loved seeing Dug! I know just what you mean seeing those sweet daddy/son moments. They really melt your heart!

They really do. And there's just something extra special about seeing the two interact in Disney. It just makes twice as magical.

Hi, Alicia! I can't believe I've missed so much of your TR! I'm trying to get all caught up though!

I gotta say--I'm kind of sad that you didn't like the wontons at Y&Y. They are some of my favorite desserts in all of Disney! But I can understand that everyone has tastes for different things!

I hate that Dinosaur was down! What a bummer for your Mom! And it stinks that everyone was getting the "end of the trip" blahs! :(

Landon definitely is the kind of kid who causes oooohhs and awwwws!!

Hi Missy! I hope you are doing well! Any future Disney trips coming up for you? Doing the Princess Half again?

I know, I know, it's shameful that I don't like the wontons.:rotfl: But, hey, that means there's more for everyone else!

Aw, I'm sorry that Dinosaur was closed! :sad2:

We feel the same way about Primeval Whirl that you do! Once is enough.

Oh, so sweet to see the father/son bonding on Triceratop Spin. :goodvibes Nice that Landon was able to control it too! :thumbsup2 I can't imagine that feeling of knowing you don't get to see them make new memories together for so long.

Love, love, love the pics with Dug! :love: So adorable and no wonder the crowd ooohed and aaahed.

We were really excited when we discovered that Landon could control one of the sticks. It made the ride a lot more interesting for him at that age, since he wasn't old enough to be really aware of his surroundings.

It's tough on everyone not having Alex around, but thanks to FaceTime, they still get to see each other once a week. And I just keep thinking about all the father/son time Alex is building up for the cruise, while I get lots of Solo Mom time.:rotfl2::lmao:

So, while I am not excited at all about Avatarland, if Disney does it right (which I’m sure they will) then kids are going to freak over it. It’ll be just the thing AK needs to extend it from a half day to a full day park.
I think in a few years it will more likely be "What's up with the tall, skinny Smurfs?" but we'll see. :rotfl2:

I hope that if they're going to do it, they do it well and make it worthwhile.

A big bummer, since my mom was really looking forward to riding it. She isn’t a fan of roller coasters or simulated rides with screens, but she loves Dinosaur. Being whipped around and surrounded by loud noises and massive animatronics is her thing.:lmao:

Hey, there’s something for everybody.

That’s the beauty of Disney.
And there's nothing wrong with that!!! I enjoy Dinosaur too! I think it is highly underrated.

Dinosaur being down left a huge time gap in our plans.
Dinosaur... time gap... :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Sorry... please continue.

There was about a fifteen minute wait.
:eek: Really???? :lmao:

(You’ll have to excuse the overabundance of sappiness, anytime I see photos of Alex and Landon together I get all awwww, knowing I won’t get any new ones until 2015.)[/I]

We completely understand. I'm glad you have these times and this trip to reflect on.

When we lined up to take a picture, Landon wouldn’t stop grabbing Dug’s nose. It was too tempting for him. Unfortunately, he also grabbed and pulled poor Dug’s ear, so I had to put a stop to that.
But that's what kids do! They pull on dogs' ears! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

As it turns out, though, the photo must have been snapped right after, because Landon doesn’t look overly cheery in it.
Then apparently the PP photographer didn't actually "get it" :lmao: Oh well, it is still a good picture, even if Landon isn't doing anything extra ordinarily cute in it. :thumbsup2

What didn’t help was the day had been pretty….lackluster for her. Not much was accomplished in the way of her To-Dos. It was a lot of sitting around and waiting in Animal Kingdom, and I think she was just over it at that point.

So, I herded us all towards the exit and back to the Unicorn parking lot. It was time to give everyone a break and a chance to chill at Pop.
Yuck... that's just too bad. You definitely made a good choice though. Hopefully a little break does the trick.

LOVE the part about the million, tiny pieces with the puzzle and that moment being one of them. <3 LOVE. I know exactly what you mean. So many special moments at Disney. I wish everyone "got it" like us DISers do.

In addition, I totally get it about how children light up and smile when daddy gets home. I don't get those kind of smiles. HA!

Too bad Dinosaur was down! Always hate it when a ride is down.

I think in a few years it will more likely be "What's up with the tall, skinny Smurfs?" but we'll see. :rotfl2:

It could. I guess it all depends on how well the next 2 films do.

And there's nothing wrong with that!!! I enjoy Dinosaur too! I think it is highly underrated.

The fact that I find it a little too intense goes to show they did the ride right. If an adult can be freaked, that says something.

Dinosaur... time gap... :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Harr dee harr harr.:rolleyes2:rotfl2:

We completely understand. I'm glad you have these times and this trip to reflect on.

Yep. And as I told someone else, Alex will get plenty of father/son bonding time when he gets back.
Because that means Mom will get lots of Mom Solo time.:lmao::rotfl2:

But that's what kids do! They pull on dogs' ears! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Our dog is a saint. He really is. Poor Landon pulls his leg, his ear, heck he'll even grab his chin and yank as hard as he can. And poor Buster just sits there and takes it.

LOVE the part about the million, tiny pieces with the puzzle and that moment being one of them. <3 LOVE. I know exactly what you mean. So many special moments at Disney. I wish everyone "got it" like us DISers do.

In addition, I totally get it about how children light up and smile when daddy gets home. I don't get those kind of smiles. HA!

Too bad Dinosaur was down! Always hate it when a ride is down.

Right! Moms just don't have that same effect on kids. Heck, Landon will do it with his grandfather. I'm just like, what am I, chopped liver?:rotfl2:

So, way back in December, Alex took Landon on a little adventure for an hour or so; when he returned and showed me all the photographs he'd taken, I told him he could help narrate that particular update.

And in a perfect world I would have reached that point in my trip report long ago. But, alas, I set my sights too high and now I am left with a slew of pictures on my photobucket account that I have to try and piece together.

Seeking help, I asked Landon what he remembered from that time with his dad. He gave me a lot of gibberish, but I think I caught his drift. If I'm not mistaken, their evening went something like this:

Friday, December 6th, 2013:

Mom was tired.

Again.

Jeez, all she ever does is sleep now. Naptime is, like, her favorite part of the day.

Ridiculous.

But that was okay, because Dad agreed to take me sightseeing. Back out in the world!
Hooray!

Here we go!

First off, Dad had to go to the food court to get more soda. That guy drinks more bottles than I do.

Parents...

Then, he pushed me past the biggest bath I'd ever seen before.

Dad didn't stop, though. He pushed me around all these bright colored building with huge flowers over them.

And we saw this:

I guess Dad got a kick out of it, because he made me pose for a picture with it.

It was big.

Really big.

You can barely see me! Of course, that was forever ago. Way back when I was a scrawny 16 pounds.

Glad I've bulked up since then.

I enjoyed a nice relaxing stroller ride while Dad pushed me onto a really long bridge with water on both sides.

Nobody else was around, and Dad took his time walking me around. It was sort of fun, watching the water as I passed by. When we got to the other side, I realized there were more of those big building with crazy colors on them. Only these were even taller.

How was that possible?!

Dad had been bugging Mom all week about wanting to go see this place, and typical Mom, she was too sleepy to join us.

But hey, Dad brought me along, so you weren't going to hear me complain. Plus, this place looked kinda cool.

There was grass.

And fish on the walls!

Hey, I was starting to fall in love with this place.

A baby could kick back in a good Pack & Play at a place like this.

And just when I thought things couldn't get better...

Gahhhh, a splash pad!

Dad didn't know it yet, but those type of water parks were going to become my favorite thing to visit and play at. You were clueless for what was in store for the summer.

However, now that summer's winding down, you understand. If Mom didn't take me to one of those at least once a week I was an absolute bear to be around.

And just look at that picture and admire that one. It was a beauty! Enough water spouts for a whole group of kids to run through. It was like the king of all splash pads.

And to think you didn't even stop to let me play in it, Dad.

:sad2:

I'll remember that...

Seriously, could this playground get any better?

More sidewalks and grass to move around in!

Ahhhh!

Wait, why are going inside?

Oh, hey, Dad, look at that big bright light. That's pretty attention getting.

And check out this tree!

It's got so many balls on it! Let me play with one, please.

Please.

Help a baby out, I'm reaching for one.

Wait.

Why is there a tree inside?

:confused3

Grown ups...

Okay, good, we're back outside.

Hey, it looks like there's a lot of cool stuff over there. Let's go!

And just like that, Dad made my whole day (yeah, I'd already forgotten about Dug and Russell) by getting me out of my stroller and letting me play with Doc Hudson, the coolest car around.

The front (Dad called it a grill) was so shiny!
And the perfect height for me to grab!

I got to practice my standing skills. Ain't it crazy to think there was a time that I wasn't running around the house?

Just when I was getting my playtime on, my Dad said the worst words a baby could hear.

Time to go.

:sad:

What do you mean? We just got here! Who cared if Mom was probably awake by now and waiting for us?

Food, pssht.

I didn't need food.

Dad claimed I was beginning to get grumpy.

Hmmf.
At least I put up a good fight and got him to hold me as we walked back towards the cool fish walls.

And I even pulled out my best baby charms and suckered him into letting me check out part of the playground.

I could scale this.

Totally could.

Ugh, but there was Dad again, dragging me back across the bridge and walking through all those weird flowers again. Before I knew what hit me, I was looking around the same gift shop we'd been in a thousand times already that week.

Mom was right, Dad shops too much.

But at least that time it wasn't too bad, because Dad was chatting up some nice lady. I was just informed by Mom that apparently said nice lady had an exact pin that Alex had lost in the park the previous afternoon.

He was super bummed about the back falling off and having no clue that it went missing, so when he spotted an identical one he got really excited.

I smiled and giggled at her, just to add to the conversation, and my adorable baby charms must have had an effect on her, because she gave the pin to my dad without making him do a trade. Just gave it to him!

I guess that's why Mom and Dad take me to Disney so often. Because people are extraordinarily nice.

We picked up a light dinner to take back to the room and eat. And then, later, Dad left and came back with 2 of these beauties.
Apparently, Premium Mickey Ice Cream bars are a rite of passage on a first Disney trip.

Glad they didn't mess up and forget them, then.

I guess it was so great they even had to take a picture of the moment:

Weirdos.

Just give me the dang ice cream, already!

Between the big adventure out with Dad and eating a couple bites of Mom's ice cream (something I'd never had before!) I was one tired baby.

Time to put me in my Pack & Play and let me go to sleep.

Night Mom,

Night Dad,

See you in 3 hours!

Then 6!

Up Next: Drag Out the Suitcases, It's Almost Time

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter