Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies! - A Dec. 2013 TR *Completed

:rotfl2::lmao: I get it though. I usually try to take a few notes, but then as the trip goes, there's so little time, and so much you want to do so those notes just drop on the priority list. My trip notes usually end up being just a list of one word chicken scratches that just remind me what order we did things in. And if I'm lucky, I can figure out what that one word represented at a later date. :rotfl:

I severely underestimated how much free time I'd have on this trip. Any chance I got to sit down and write, I was keeping an eye on the baby or taking a nap.:rotfl2:

I really have a feeling that my 2 favorite rides, and your 2 favorite rides might just be the same... :rolleyes1

Great minds...

I'm just shocked that cupcake from Starring Rolls wasn't an option. Because frankly, if you weren't actually eating a full meal, I didn't realize there was another option. :lmao:

I have to say though, that Backlot Express hasn't been too bad the past couple of times we've been there. It has kind of become our go-to in that park. I don't even know if it is still on the menu, but last time I was there they had buffalo chicken strips. Not exactly a gourmet meal, but a nice change of pace from the typical park food.

Alex has an iron stomach and could easily have done a peanut butter cupcake for dinner. Me, however...:sick:

What? Buffalo chicken strips?! How did I not know this?! Ugh, shameful.
I wish I had known to look up that menu while we were having our food standoff; I love buffalo sauce, and that would have been MUCH better than a standard burger.

They made us do the same thing with DD on Snow White's Scary Adventure, and I'm not even sure why they needed a lap bar on that one.

We had to do that on another ride, as well, so we figured it was just an across-the-board Disney rule.:confused3

If BTMRR is a kiddie coaster, what is Goofy? :rotfl2: I consider BTMRR to be more of an introductory big coaster, or kind of an in-between. :rolleyes1

Hmm, good point. I guess Thunder is a tame coaster.

DHS is rough with a baby, but good thing you had grandma to help out! RnRC is definitely my favorite coaster as well, and it stinks not getting to ride it as many times every trip as we used to pre-Paxton, so we have to settle for what we can get too. Ahh, the joys of being a parent in Disney!

Bringing a baby along definitely changes the dynamics of park touring, more so when you're in DHS.
Honestly, my mom was a life saver in this particular park. Alex and I were looking at our May plans, and we are only going to spend 2, maybe 3, hours in DHS. Other than riding TSMM and single rider RNRC, there's not much else for us there since we're not doing the character meet and greets.

I TOTALLY agree with you about the BCC there. It's pretty obvious it was just an afterthought at DHS. Terrible location and facilities. We went in there once on our first trip with Paxton and never felt the need to go again. The rest were so much better!

I was surprised that Disney didn't have more in terms of an actual center. You look at the Epcot and AK ones, and they are entire buildings. I guess Disney figured not as many kids would be in DHS since it's thrill rides? (And because it's not super kid-friendly...)

Omg I know the exact food argument you're talking about. We tend to have it when we're a lot hungrier than we think! :rotfl:
Landon is so cute sleeping through TSM!
Woohoo! I love RnR! Great ride photos!

It's almost worth it to remain hungry in the parks and leave to get something to eat.

I mean, you're in Disney World with some of the best food around, you don't want to waste one of your precious meals on subpar burgers and fries.

Alex has an iron stomach and could easily have done a peanut butter cupcake for dinner. Me, however...:sick:
::yes:: The peanut butter cupcake is my favorite. And it even has peanut butter. It's loaded with protein! :rolleyes1

What? Buffalo chicken strips?! How did I not know this?! Ugh, shameful.
I wish I had known to look up that menu while we were having our food standoff; I love buffalo sauce, and that would have been MUCH better than a standard burger.
I actually checked the menu to verify this. When we went in 2012, I think they had just added these to the menu, so I wasn't sure if it was a trial thing or if it was something that became permanent. It still appears on the menu:

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 Pieces

served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries

9.39​

They're fast food quality, but I love some buffalo wings/strips/nuggets so it is definitely something that I'll likely get again.

::yes:: The peanut butter cupcake is my favorite. And it even has peanut butter. It's loaded with protein! :rolleyes1

I actually checked the menu to verify this. When we went in 2012, I think they had just added these to the menu, so I wasn't sure if it was a trial thing or if it was something that became permanent. It still appears on the menu:

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 Pieces

served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries

9.39​

They're fast food quality, but I love some buffalo wings/strips/nuggets so it is definitely something that I'll likely get again.

Well then, that's settled, Hollywood just redeemed itself the tiniest bit. Now, I can't go on and on about their limited choices and poor standards.
Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but at least now I won't be completely up a creek next time I get hungry in DHS.:thumbsup2

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013:

Having completed a ride on Toy Story Mania, two trips on Rock N Roller Coaster, and an energy refuel at the ABC Commissary, there really was only one other thing on my To Do List for that night.

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out what that was, either.

:rotfl:

But before we could get to that, we had to walk past this once again:

01 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Personally, I think the hat looks better at night. The blue coloring really pops against the night sky, and I think it looks more impressive with the lights on underneath. Maybe if the hat could only be viewed past 8 o'clock more people would like it...

We also had to venture down this street:

02 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Which, what do you know? Was still crowded. I sincerely hope they add more Pixar-themed attractions to this part of the park and open up the space. It would be a welcome sight to visit the back of Hollywood Studios and not feel as if you were bumping shoulders with strangers.

Well, not just feel as if, but to actually NOT bump shoulders with other people.

It was a good thing my group was passing straight through there.

If it's not apparent where I was racing my family off to, I'll go ahead and say it.

I was showing my mom and Landon the Osborne Family's Spectacle of Dancing Lights!

:dance3:

When I created our plans for the day, I had begun with booking a Crystal Palace breakfast, then penciling in a ride on Big Thunder. I glanced at the crowd calendars and saw that Hollywood was the best park to be in that night. No complaints from me. An opportunity to ride both Thunder and RNRC?

Fantastic.

And then it hit me.

Not only would I be getting the chance to see an empty Main Street and witness my son meeting his favorite character for the first time.

I'd also be visiting my absolute, hands down, no holds bar, utmost favorite thing at Disney World.

I adore the Osborne Lights.

Adore.

Above anything else, they are my favorite Disney event.

I love them more than any ride, any meal, any nighttime show. If I had to choose only one thing to do in Disney for the rest of my life, the Osborne Lights would be it.

So when I said this was going to be the best day ever for me, I wasn't kidding around.

And what made this trip to see the lights even better?

I would get to see my mom see them for the first time!

Going with people who've never visited the lights before is such an exciting experience, because you get to see firsthand their utter shock and disbelief. It's one of the things that make them so great.

I should go ahead and forewarn you all, now.

This was probably the most emotional time of the trip for me. I was sappy and teary and a typical girl, crying out of happiness and joy. There were other little moments throughout the trip that made me feel wonderful, but nothing compared to that night.

Mostly because having Landon underneath those lights was an accumulation of many years' worth of dreams and wishes.

Back in 2010, Alex and I visited the Osborne Lights for the first time, and that was when I fell in love with them. I wrote about the experience in my trip report, but one part of the visit really stood out to me:

I wanted to stay there forever. The whole atmosphere put me in such a happy mood. Everywhere I looked people were dancing and singing. We passed by a young family and their baby was having the time of his life. He ran into DBF a few times, because he was too busy looking up to watch where we was moving.
Seeing him made me want to bring my own children to the lights someday.

I was able to see this little boy dance around and around in circles, throwing his hands up to catch the "snow" falling, and shooting huge, goofy grins to his parents, almost as if to make sure they were having as much fun as he was.

I'll never forget that moment, because it was then that I told myself I wanted to bring a kid of my own back there someday.

Of course, at that time, Alex and I weren't even engaged and the concept of a kid of my own was so far in the future, it was almost difficult to imagine. Back then, the thought was simply something I stored away in my memory, and I didn't pull the file out again until December of 2012, when Alex and I visited with his siblings on a day trip.

I was pregnant at the time, and our big group of a family were there in Hollywood Studios when the Lights turned on on that particular evening. And out of nowhere, I got all emotional, remembering that dancing boy, and I turned to Alex and said, "This time next year, I want to be standing right here, holding our son on his first Disney trip."
Below is some of what I wrote about that experience in a trip report:

You see, our goal is to return to Disney next December. We love the holiday season, and we figured DS would be a little older and by then we would’ve figured out what the heck we’re doing…….Of course, nothing has been decided yet (it’s always depressing when you don’t have a ticker) but that’s what we’re telling people when asked. So standing at the Lights, Alex and I tried to envision ourselves a year from then, watching our little one stare at the Lights.

To go from making a promise to myself in 2010 to reaffirming that wish in 2012 to have it come to fruition in 2013 was a profoundly fulfilling and emotionally charged moment. Even during that second visit, I couldn't REALLY picture Alex and I going back. We had no idea if we could manage it, what our son would be like, or if we'd even want to take him to Disney.

So as we rounded the corner and entered the back area of the Osborne Lights that night, my heart was practically full to bursting with nothing but bliss.

03 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

We stopped there for a few minutes, because it was considerably less crowded in that spot, and we wanted to catch our breaths before diving headlong into the crowds.

Beside me, I heard my mom go, "HOLY CRAP!"

"Told ya."

"Yeah, you showed me the pictures and told me the number of lights, but you don't fully get just how many that is until you see it for yourself."

"Pictures will never do it justice."

"They really don't."

04 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Almost immediately, we noticed that Landon's favorite thing about the lights was watching the lights change colors and trying to follow the lights as they moved from one end of the street to the other.
It was pretty amusing, watching his head jerk from side to side and his eyebrows raise and him turn to one of us with an expression that read, "Where'd they go?! What just happened?!"

My group had left our stroller in the Toy Story Mania parking area, which I was grateful for the minute we stepped into the street. Note to parents: it might take some muscle work to tote your kid around for half an hour, but that's infinitely better than trying to maneuver a stroller through those crowds.

You wouldn't have been able to. There was barely foot room, you could forget about stroller space.

I asked Alex if we could stop at a few different photopass places since we had the package already pre-ordered. He spotted one not too far from where we were and ushered us into the line to wait our turn.

When the lights are dancing they have to pause taking pictures, but the music's usually louder and more upbeat, so Landon was having a field day waiting.

05 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

He wanted to stand and dance and shake his head when some of the infamous snow landed on his glasses.

We got our turn with the PP, but I have to admit, I wasn't impressed with how any of them turned out.

06.jpg

07.jpg

It was nice to get some photographs of all of us together, but I think if I ever wanted really good quality ones, I'd just bring our tripod with us.

After that, I walked us over to the side street where the colored arches were set up, and that was where the four of us spent the majority of our time.

Landon had a field day watching the lights above us, and my mom enjoyed seeing the massive Christmas tree dance straight ahead of us.

I was content with the spot because it didn't have as much foot traffic, and I was able to watch and photograph the rest of my party having a ball.

08.jpg

09.jpg

Landon was laughing and giggling so much that other families were stopping to watch and listen to him. You can see in the picture above that guests couldn't help but stop and talk to us for a second or two.

Everyone was incredibly friendly, and as a mom, I got a kick out of seeing my son make other people smile. It was fun to say hello to them, thank them on the sweet compliments and think, "My kid brought a smile to a stranger's face, even if it was just for a second."

10.jpg

When the lights danced, the tree eventually sucked Landon in, too.

11.jpg

Nobody could resist that tree!

12.jpg

Eventually, Grandma spoke up and said it was her turn to have some fun with the grandbaby.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Continued in Next Post:

Last edited:

Continued from Previous Post:

Landon then got passed around. Back and forth he went, from one adult to another, dancing and playing and listening to the holiday music.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

We all did manage to break away from that street and explored the rest of the areas, showing Mom all the Hidden Mickeys we could spot.

04.jpg

05.jpg

The toy soldiers were a personal favorite, and luckily there was another photopass photographer set up right in front of them.

Some more not-so great pictures of my group:

06.jpg

07.jpg

As I said, we wandered around, catching the lights from all directions.

08.jpg

09.jpg

After going in one giant loop, we made it to the back again and were on our way out when Alex insisted we stay long enough to hear my favorite Christmas song.

He was so sweet and remembered which one it was and knew that getting to hear it again would top off an already spectacular night.

Sometimes, he does good.
:rotfl2:

We took some pictures together while we waited.

10.jpg

11 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

My song came on (Carol of the Bells, just so you know) I danced around with Landon, held Alex's hand, and shed a few tears like a big sap, then we all exited the Streets of America.

I believe my whole group was on a holiday high at that point. We were singing and strolling back through the park, happy as could be.

Alex and I made a stop at the pin shop underneath the Sorcerer's Hat (a personal favorite store of ours) and bought some Osborne Lights pins, then we all agreed unanimously to grab some food back at the Pop food court.
Unlike last time, the decision was speedy and painless, and we got back to our resort quick and without any wrong turns.

I call that a win!

Landon had definitely crashed by that point:

12 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

So we put him in the stroller and walked to Everything Pop.

13 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Inside, Alex didn't see his favorite Alfredo Chicken dish as a choice, so he ended up with some nasty sesame chicken. It wasn't sesame, but I'm not sure what it actually was, so I'm going with that.

14 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

He had ordered before my mom and I, so he joined us as we waited for our French bread to be cooked.

15 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

(By the way, these were sort of gross, too. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, but they had replaced the regular pizzas with this.)

Alex was going on this mini rant about there not being Alfredo Chicken anymore and between that and the new Tie Dye Cheesecake cups he was going to have to go on a revolt, when I happened to look up at the menu board and saw the dish in question listed off to the side as an "Other Options."

So, my mom and I spent our entire meal listening to Alex go on and on about how he was stuck eating bland chicken when he could have been enjoying his beloved pasta.

It was a long meal.

For dessert, we'd all ordered ice cream, and I took Landon back to the room while Alex went to order mine. By the time he got back I had the baby settled in to his Pack & Play, and we closed out our night enjoying the dishes while watching some television.

I could not have planned a better Disney day if I tried. Everything went as well as I thought it would- better, actually- and I went to bed that night knowing if I had to redo one Disney day over and over again, I would have picked that day.

It was one of those perfect Disney experiences from start to finish, but I was exhausted and knew we had another long day ahead of us, so off to sleep I went.

Up Next: He's a Runner

Last edited:
Okay Alicia I am way overdue for a comment on your TR! I'm so sorry I have been a bad DIS friend. I have been reading along usually on my phone or iPad and I only comment when I'm on my laptop. So I apologize again.

What a perfect Disney day! I flew through your Osbourne light pictures though (did stop to see the cute baby of course) because I have not seen them for myself. I have heard rumors that last year was the last year for them and I'm really hoping that's not true as I want to see them this year when we are there!

I love the comments you posted from your past TRs. It was the best feeling having those moments in Disney with Gavin. The first trip with the baby was so magical, but I know there are going to be lots more on future trips. DH and I went to Disney 4 times before DS was born and each time we thought it was going to be our last trip as just the two of us. I can remember seeing couples with babies giggling and laughing thinking "next time that will be us" so it was great to finally experience that. I'm sure Christmas at Disney made the experience extra magical for you.

I cannot believe you did not plan for all of you to match, because you all do. Cute pictures!

That really is a fantastic Disney day!!

Love your back-story on taking a baby to the Osborne Lights. :sad: What a great feeling to have those things you were dreaming about for so long actually happen!

Great pictures, especially the ones of Alex holding Landon up in the tunnel of lights. You can really see how much fun he's having. I'm glad it was a hit with Landon and your mom! And how sweet of Alex to remember your song (I love that one too, by the way)!

And finishing the night with ice cream and a sleeping baby? Doesn't get better than that!

I'm glad that you had such a perfect day! I agree with you 100% that the Osborne lights are unlike anything else and pictures never do them justice (no matter how well they are taken!). It is a whole atmosphere that you need to be in. I love how excited Landon looks in all of the photos :)

Hmmm, yo do make a pretty good case for the hat at night Alisha.

Wow, thank quote from a previous TR REALLY stands out about wanting to bring your own children to the lights someday. And it came true. Excuse me while I go write in mine about how I really want to win a million dollars. It's worth a try... right?

Nope, no picture will ever contain those lights. None. It's all about the experience.

Aww that picture of Alex and Landon with the woman looking at them completely joyfilled is a wonderful capture.

Wow, this may well have been the best Osborne Lights update I've read. Your joy of the moments really came through. So glad it lived up to expectations.

The Osborne Lights are pure Disney Christmas magic! Absolutely my favorite thing to do at Disney during the holidays. Your post did a great job capturing that magic! I love the parts from your previous TRs and seeing your dream realized. I'm sure that was such a special memory for you! Landon's enjoyment of the lights just jumps off of the screen. :goodvibes

Osborne Lights is one of the handful of things that really has me wishing we could go during the holiday season but because of our school and work schedules we won't get an opportunity anytime soon. So in the mean times, looking at pictures like the ones you took will have to do. Loved the update!

I have never felt the need to go at Christmas time but now after reading your report I am thinking that I would really like to see those lights. I have a 4-year old and I would love to see his reaction to the lights. I love your pictures. Especially the ones where your husband is holding the baby up. I wish I had the talent to take great pictures. I look forward to hearing what happens next!

Seeing Landon and your mom enjoy the Osbourne lights so much is so cool! Landon looks totally enthralled. I can't imagine what the lights must look like to a little kid. It must be totally mesmerizing.

Love all your pictures and the group shots of everyone. :thumbsup2

Gave me chills wherein you described you seeing the baby that time & then wanting to bring your own baby back one day.. ;) The same thing happened to me times 2!! ;) Lawson and Landen have both been to Disney in utero! :)) Your feelings are what Disney is all about!

Osborne Lights look amazing!! I hope to go in December one of these years! :)

I finally got all caught up again :banana: What great pictures of all you and the lights. You are so right, pictures can't even explain how beautiful they are. Thanks for the great tip on leaving the stroller. I will have to remember that when we go in December for the light(we have the same stroller also)
Great update and can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

*Side note* We just planned a last minute birthday trip for our DS and it looks like we will be in Disney around the same time. I will have to keep an eye out for you guys so I can say :wave2: Hi and meet that cutie of yours. Where are you guys staying this time?

Oh Alicia, what a wonderful story and wonderful memories! I love how you went back in time to past Osborne lights and your hopes for the future. Fantastic. And of course, your pictures of Landon having a blast and everyone getting such a kick out of him are wonderful. Love it. I adore the Osborne lights!

Okay Alicia I am way overdue for a comment on your TR! I'm so sorry I have been a bad DIS friend. I have been reading along usually on my phone or iPad and I only comment when I'm on my laptop. So I apologize again.

What a perfect Disney day! I flew through your Osbourne light pictures though (did stop to see the cute baby of course) because I have not seen them for myself. I have heard rumors that last year was the last year for them and I'm really hoping that's not true as I want to see them this year when we are there!

I love the comments you posted from your past TRs. It was the best feeling having those moments in Disney with Gavin. The first trip with the baby was so magical, but I know there are going to be lots more on future trips. DH and I went to Disney 4 times before DS was born and each time we thought it was going to be our last trip as just the two of us. I can remember seeing couples with babies giggling and laughing thinking "next time that will be us" so it was great to finally experience that. I'm sure Christmas at Disney made the experience extra magical for you.

I cannot believe you did not plan for all of you to match, because you all do. Cute pictures!

I can understand not wanting to see too many pictures of the Osbourne Lights. Although, I will say, nothing compares to the actual thing. It's definitely one of those "you have to see it to believe it" events.::yes::

I have heard that rumor, too, and hope it isn't true! I'd be devastated if that were the case.

That really is a fantastic Disney day!!

Love your back-story on taking a baby to the Osborne Lights. :sad: What a great feeling to have those things you were dreaming about for so long actually happen!

Great pictures, especially the ones of Alex holding Landon up in the tunnel of lights. You can really see how much fun he's having. I'm glad it was a hit with Landon and your mom! And how sweet of Alex to remember your song (I love that one too, by the way)!

And finishing the night with ice cream and a sleeping baby? Doesn't get better than that!

It was such a perfect day. :goodvibes

It was a lot of fun watching my mom and Landon and even Alex enjoy the lights. Most of what makes a Disney trip so special is experiencing things with your loved ones.

I'm glad that you had such a perfect day! I agree with you 100% that the Osborne lights are unlike anything else and pictures never do them justice (no matter how well they are taken!). It is a whole atmosphere that you need to be in. I love how excited Landon looks in all of the photos :)

Landon was enthralled with the festive atmosphere. Not to mention all those strangers stopping to show him some attention was a wild success with him.:rotfl2:

Hmmm, yo do make a pretty good case for the hat at night Alisha.

Wow, thank quote from a previous TR REALLY stands out about wanting to bring your own children to the lights someday. And it came true. Excuse me while I go write in mine about how I really want to win a million dollars. It's worth a try... right?

Nope, no picture will ever contain those lights. None. It's all about the experience.

Aww that picture of Alex and Landon with the woman looking at them completely joyfilled is a wonderful capture.

Wow, this may well have been the best Osborne Lights update I've read. Your joy of the moments really came through. So glad it lived up to expectations.

Thank you. I try not to be overly sappy and/or emotinal in my posts, but bringing Landon to the Osbourne Lights was one of those BIG DISNEY MOMENTS. I only hope I get much more over the years.

The Osborne Lights are pure Disney Christmas magic! Absolutely my favorite thing to do at Disney during the holidays. Your post did a great job capturing that magic! I love the parts from your previous TRs and seeing your dream realized. I'm sure that was such a special memory for you! Landon's enjoyment of the lights just jumps off of the screen. :goodvibes

It still kinda shocks me to go back and read those parts of my trip reports from years ago and realize I made a personal wish come true. You don't think about what 4 years in the future will hold for you and your loved ones at the time. Now, I hope I can re-read this report 5 years down the road and remember how fantastic that one day was.:goodvibes

Osborne Lights is one of the handful of things that really has me wishing we could go during the holiday season but because of our school and work schedules we won't get an opportunity anytime soon. So in the mean times, looking at pictures like the ones you took will have to do. Loved the update!

Thanks! Yes, Alex and I kind of decided about a year ago to vacation during the early holiday season and/or late spring. Simply because we enjoy seeing Disney throughout the year, and we're aware that once Landon starts school, our vacations will revolve around his breaks.

I have never felt the need to go at Christmas time but now after reading your report I am thinking that I would really like to see those lights. I have a 4-year old and I would love to see his reaction to the lights. I love your pictures. Especially the ones where your husband is holding the baby up. I wish I had the talent to take great pictures. I look forward to hearing what happens next!

Thank you. :goodvibes
My family is big on the holidays, so we really like seeing Disney all decked out during that time. Plus, we enjoy seeing all the different seasonal decorations. Alex and I have made a point to see the Halloween decorations and Flower and garden. Each one is unique and fun to explore.

Kids seem to love the Osbourne Lights. It really captures their attention, and I"m sure 4/5 is a great age to see them.:thumbsup2

Seeing Landon and your mom enjoy the Osbourne lights so much is so cool! Landon looks totally enthralled. I can't imagine what the lights must look like to a little kid. It must be totally mesmerizing.

Love all your pictures and the group shots of everyone. :thumbsup2

Thanks.
I was a little worried that the lights were going to be overstimulating for Landon. I mean, talk about an overload of music and sights. :eek:
But he seemed to handle them really well, and if nothing else it exhausted him for the carride home.

Gave me chills wherein you described you seeing the baby that time & then wanting to bring your own baby back one day.. ;) The same thing happened to me times 2!! ;) Lawson and Landen have both been to Disney in utero! :)) Your feelings are what Disney is all about!

Osborne Lights look amazing!! I hope to go in December one of these years! :)

You should! It's such a wonderful time to visit the parks. You could plan an entire trip just around the holiday specials.

Personally, I loved going when I was pregnant with Landon. It forced me to go slow and rest more, and I had an excuse for crying all the time.:rotfl2:

I finally got all caught up again :banana: What great pictures of all you and the lights. You are so right, pictures can't even explain how beautiful they are. Thanks for the great tip on leaving the stroller. I will have to remember that when we go in December for the light(we have the same stroller also)
Great update and can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

*Side note* We just planned a last minute birthday trip for our DS and it looks like we will be in Disney around the same time. I will have to keep an eye out for you guys so I can say :wave2: Hi and meet that cutie of yours. Where are you guys staying this time?

I would definitely leave the stroller when you go see the Osbourne Lights. It can get really exhausting, holding a little one for so long, but having the freedom to walk around is totally worth it. Just one less thing to stress about!

Oh cool! A last minute birthday trip sounds fun! Are you staying on property? If so, where? Any ADRS? I love Disney plans.:rotfl:
I haven't said where we're staying yet, because I want it to be a surprise for my next report, but I realized I'll probably have to post about it soon. We visited the resort on our last trip, and when I post about it, it'll be quite obvious that's where I wanted to stay.:rolleyes:

Absolutely say hello if you spot me in the parks! I love having DISmeets!

Oh Alicia, what a wonderful story and wonderful memories! I love how you went back in time to past Osborne lights and your hopes for the future. Fantastic. And of course, your pictures of Landon having a blast and everyone getting such a kick out of him are wonderful. Love it. I adore the Osborne lights!

Thank you. It was fun to go back to past reports and read about what you hope to do in the future, then write about how they came true. Kind of makes me appreciate writing these reports even more.:goodvibes

I don’t think it takes a genius to figure out what that was, either.
Star Tours!!! :rolleyes1

Going with people who’ve never visited the lights before is such an exciting experience, because you get to see firsthand their utter shock and disbelief. It’s one of the things that make them so great.
::yes:: The lights are great on their own, but that definitely makes them even more fun to experience.

And I love your backstory about wanting to take your own child someday. I'm glad that everything fell into place and you and Alex were able to take Landon to see the lights.

Beside me, I heard my mom go, “HOLY CRAP!”
Sounds about right... :rotfl2::lmao:

My group had left our stroller in the Toy Story Mania parking area, which I was grateful for the minute we stepped into the street. Note to parents: it might take some muscle work to tote your kid around for half an hour, but that’s infinitely better than trying to maneuver a stroller through those crowds.
I'm stealing this idea!!!!! You're so right about that. We have always gone to see the lights come on, so we get there early, have plenty of room to maneuver... and it actually is kind of nice having the stroller then so the kids can sit in the stroller and have a snack while we wait, but getting out is a nightmare! I think we'll stop by stroller parking before heading there next time. I've actually never even considered that possibility! :rotfl2:

We got our turn with the PP, but I have to admit, I wasn’t impressed with how any of them turned out.
They're taking pictures of the lights. The people in front of the lights are just a minor detail. :rotfl:

We all did manage to break away from that street and explored the rest of the areas, showing Mom all the Hidden Mickeys we could spot.
Did you find the cat?

He was so sweet and remembered which one it was and knew that getting to hear it again would top off an already spectacular night.

Sometimes, he does good…
:rotfl2:
Sometimes... Poor guy just doesn't get the respect he deserves. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I believe my whole group was on a holiday high at that point. We were singing and strolling back through the park, happy as could be.
It is impossible to see the lights, hear the music and not be on a holiday high.

Even if it is 80 degrees and you're wearing shorts. :rotfl2:

Unlike last time, the decision was speedy and painless, and we got back to our resort quick and without any wrong turns.
:thumbsup2 Your best day ever just keeps getting better. :rotfl2:

I could not have planned a better Disney day if I tried. Everything went as well as I thought it would- better, actually- and I went to bed that night knowing if I had to redo one Disney day over and over again, I would have picked that day.
That is great! This is what it is all about. :thumbsup2

HI Im new but im here :) I am having a great time reading your TR! I just love your little one he is ADORABLE! I am going to be in WDW from May 11-16. If I see that little one in those glasses you better bet I'm coming up to say hi!! :) Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter