Why is HE closed?

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
Hogwart’s Express was closed all day yesterday and is still closed today. Anyone know? It would be nice if it reopened tomorrow at least. We have someone with us this trip that is a first time visitor and we would really like them to be able to experience it. At least Mummy seems to be open.

According to my friend google, this - Following a reported power outage on Tuesday night, the Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort has been closed for three full days. It has yet to open today, Saturday, September 10. Sounds like it may or may not be open tomorrow, hard to say.

According to my friend google, this - Following a reported power outage on Tuesday night, the Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort has been closed for three full days. It has yet to open today, Saturday, September 10. Sounds like it may or may not be open tomorrow, hard to say.
If you’re here tonight, virtual wave from Richter Burger. Thank you for the update :-)

Here now and really puts a miserable twist on the day when you have to walk all way out and back up in 93+ temps to go to Diagon Alley. Cannot believe there is not a path of some sort (we’ll I can but…). Awful for first timers’ trips.
I do ok in heat and walking but this did me in today.

Last edited:
A TM at the Mummy last night said she usually works HE, but was helping out at mummy because HE was closed for “unscheduled maintenance.”

Um hmmm - suuuurrree it’s unscheduled maintenance. I told her, “that’s what the Ministry wants people to think. Those muggles - they’ll believe anything!” The TM then confided she thinks a troll got loose over there. I thought maybe nargles in the engine, but I can see how a troll could be a problem, too.

Unfortunately, whether it was a mountain troll, nargles, or unscheduled maintenance, there’s no estimate for opening.

A TM at the Mummy last night said she usually works HE, but was helping out at mummy because HE was closed for “unscheduled maintenance.”

Um hmmm - suuuurrree it’s unscheduled maintenance. I told her, “that’s what the Ministry wants people to think. Those muggles - they’ll believe anything!” The TM then confided she thinks a troll got loose over there. I thought maybe nargles in the engine, but I can see how a troll could be a problem, too.

Unfortunately, whether it was a mountain troll, nargles, or unscheduled maintenance, there’s no estimate for opening.
I was told by a TM at HE on the IOA side yesterday that they are waiting on a part…

Man I hope they can get this working by this weekend ... first trip to UO in years this weekend. We got a good package and are staying 5 nights at Portafino Bay. Splurged on the Park to Park tickets pretty much solely to ride Hogwart's, which we've never done before. Fingers crossed they get it fixed up in time.

Man I hope they can get this working by this weekend ... first trip to UO in years this weekend. We got a good package and are staying 5 nights at Portafino Bay. Splurged on the Park to Park tickets pretty much solely to ride Hogwart's, which we've never done before. Fingers crossed they get it fixed up in time.
We’ll I hope so and fingers crossed as a first timer. Our trip ends on Thursday so we’re hoping and I will post if the train opens. We keep hearing different stories. I don’t think anybody knows much at all. I will say —we are staying at the Portofino now in Club room and the staff in lounge are incredible —absolutely making our trip special! I will post the new menus ( new chef) on the Portofino Resort page For anyone interested. Everything so far has been absolutely delicious.

We’ll I hope so and fingers crossed as a first timer. Our trip ends on Thursday so we’re hoping and I will post if the train opens. We keep hearing different stories. I don’t think anybody knows much at all. I will say —we are staying at the Portofino now in Club room and the staff in lounge are incredible —absolutely making our trip special! I will post the new menus ( new chef) on the Portofino Resort page For anyone interested. Everything so far has been absolutely delicious.
Well that's great to hear ! We're doing Club Level this trip so really looking forward to checking it out.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets back up and running. I'd really like to see it.

Just to clarify, my like was for the wonderful interaction you had with the TM member, because that sounds fantastic.

Just to clarify, my like was for the wonderful interaction you had with the TM member, because that sounds fantastic.
It was really sweet! Her eyes just kind of lit up when she saw I was going all Potterhead on her.

After I walked away it dawned on me that she is a TM of a really popular attraction that’s unexpectedly down for an indeterminate time who has been floated to another insanely popular attraction whose reopening is months behind schedule and daily operation is erratic. I imagine some of her other guest interactions are…less pleasant. Her entire role at that time was standing outside of the Mummy, and telling people it wasn’t working and she didn’t know if it would be up later or not, and yet she did it with such a friendly demeanor. It’s gotta be tough, but she was great.

Anyone hear any updates on reopening ? We arrive tomorrow and I'm not optimistic. This really ticks me off as the only reason we bought park to park tickets was for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!