Why is everyone so concerned with the new Poly tower

Although it says "Polynesian Village Resort", which the new tower would be part of the Village Resort even if it was a new association..... I think

Admittedly, I am a Poly resale owner and I'm on the fence about whether I want the new tower to be in the same association or not. But do you think that the language up on the Polynesian's page now about "Polynesian Village Resort expansion" tells us anything about whether the new tower will be in the same association? I may be reaching for straws here, but it seems like referring to it as an expansion instead of saying "construction of blah blah blah" may be a clue? Or not. LOL

View attachment 680255

I don’t know about this but the announcement kept referring to it as coming to the resort, not the villas,

And saying they are expanding the resort.…again, not the villas…leads me to believe new association.

Poly Village Resort is the name of the hotel side. Poly Villas and Bungalows is the DVC.

It would seem to me that if this was an expansion of DVC…it would say they were expanding PVB, located at Poly Village resort.

Although it says "Polynesian Village Resort", which the new tower would be part of the Village Resort even if it was a new association..... I think

Correct. PVB is located at the Poly Village Resort. However, if this was going to be part of PVB, then wouldn’t it be expanding PVB?

The fact it says it’s expanding Poly Resort, as I just posted, seems to me that it will be a different DVC offering,

Like you can find CCV at the Wilderness Lodge and find BRV at the Wilderness Lodge.

Admittedly, I am a Poly resale owner and I'm on the fence about whether I want the new tower to be in the same association or not. But do you think that the language up on the Polynesian's page now about "Polynesian Village Resort expansion" tells us anything about whether the new tower will be in the same association? I may be reaching for straws here, but it seems like referring to it as an expansion instead of saying "construction of blah blah blah" may be a clue? Or not. LOL

View attachment 680255
I don't think it means anything. A huge, new construction tower, in my opinion, has "resale restrictions" written all over it.

View attachment 680255
I think the wording is intentionally vague and it can be read either way. It's kind of genius actually.

I think the wording is intentionally vague and it can be read either way. It's kind of genius actually.
But, as has been pointed out many times, it certainly wasn't intentionally vague when they announced VGF2. Right off the bat they clarified that it would be in the same association. Not so here, which for me is another reason to expect otherwise.

Thanks for speculating with me, ya'll. It's kind of half the fun. But it makes me feel like I need a new hobby. :D
I'm going to go ahead and go on record to say I expect the new tower to be a different association. Which really, I'm perfectly fine with as a resale owner. I knew what I was getting myself into.

But, as has been pointed out many times, it certainly wasn't intentionally vague when they announced VGF2. Right off the bat they clarified that it would be in the same association. Not so here, which for me is another reason to expect otherwise.
True and has also been pointed out many times, they were clear with CCV it would not be the same association, so the lack of clarity isn't a clue either way, IMO. I honestly think they don't know themselves yet and are waiting to make a decision on that.

Thanks for speculating with me, ya'll. It's kind of half the fun. But it makes me feel like I need a new hobby. :D
I'm going to go ahead and go on record to say I expect the new tower to be a different association. Which really, I'm perfectly fine with as a resale owner. I knew what I was getting myself into.
That's my prediction too but I'm horrible ad predicting what Disney and DVC will do.

True and has also been pointed out many times, they were clear with CCV it would not be the same association, so the lack of clarity isn't a clue either way, IMO. I honestly think they don't know themselves yet and are waiting to make a decision on that.

The only difference when CCV was around is that there was no such thing as resale restrictions...so, holding off one way or the other didn't matter. Now it does. Its why it made sense from the start to let people know what VGF was...and since that is the most recent one, I'd put more weight to that.

But, I do think not saying one way or the other does leave them options, even if the decision has been made.

Its way more fun spending my work day speculating about the future of DVC then actually working :)

The only difference when CCV was around is that there was no such thing as resale restrictions...so, holding off one way or the other didn't matter. Now it does. Its why it made sense from the start to let people know what VGF was...and since that is the most recent one, I'd put more weight to that.

But, I do think not saying one way or the other does leave them options, even if the decision has been made.
True enough, I guess we'll all find out together!

Agreed about the strong possibility of a new DVC resort on the monorail route, though you’re right about it being years away. The thing is, if Riviera has the resale restrictions and Poly2 doesn’t, it would potentially drive more buyers toward the new Poly and severely undermine Riviera, which I don’t think Disney would do. Seems like they’d keep their strategy consistent to eliminate confusion in the marketplace as well. We’ll find out in a couple years!
Or they drop the restrictions all together and realize that the 11 month window is the selling point along with member perks. Not undermining families when they decide to sell their contracts later. Restrictions are gross to me. If any they should still be able to be used for all resorts open at the time of that contract creation.

And Reflections was a joint venture with both DVC and cash rooms. This is now all DVC so I think it will go ahead.
I do know the transportation system and lack of investment in it will struggle even more with it expanding. Please do not add another new resort on the line after this!!! Only conversions ha

I do know the transportation system and lack of investment in it will struggle even more with it expanding. Please do not add another new resort on the line after this!!! Only conversions ha
Agree, Disney really needs to get to work on the monorail, this is way overdue. This should be an awesome resort, no way I see it in the same association though.

Visible construction at the golf course across from poly is incredible. It looks like they are installing utilities for a neighborhood. Giant pipes, dirt, heavy equipment. This is a huge project.

And even with all the visible construction they are still saying “proposed” expansion! They don’t want to make any promises 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter