Why is everyone so concerned with the new Poly tower

Most new DVC buyers aren't that informed at the time of their first purchase. So it doesn't really matter either way to them. Current members are somewhat a different story.

We buy what we can justify buying. Current members who are waiting for the tower are going to wait to see what association it ends up in. If it's a separate association, then they're happy. If it's not, then waiting members gave up 2 or so years of points for waiting and give up the option for "banked points" in exchange for direct points.

Only those who are planning on selling short-term should be concerned about price dips. I'd be more concerned that a recession hits or last a while and the Poly Tower gets put on hold just like Reflections.

I think that adding the room types in the Poly Tower would make the current DVC association stronger, just like adding studios to VGF did with VGF2, and I think the pattern is there to have a Jambo/Kidani or Saratoga Springs/Treehouses situation. I have no idea if DVD will go ahead with the same plan or not.

What I do know, is that I like the current Poly and as an owner I'm going to have the same access to the restaurants of Poly2 with everyone else and 90% likely to have the same access to the Poly2 pools as Poly1 and hotel guests. And if I really wanted the specific room type in the tower I'm not exactly locked out- I could just swap or rent points for access.

Anyone notice the language they used on the member website regarding construction? They used "proposed expansion".... will be interesting to see if this really does happen...

Anyone notice the language they used on the member website regarding construction? They used "proposed expansion".... will be interesting to see if this really does happen...
I think they will push this one through. I think reflections was going to be pretty awesome, but the location would have been very expensive and was not as good as where Poly will be.

The Bungalows are just as shiny as anything that will be in the Poly Tower. In fact, as an experience, the bungalows are a step above. (We stayed in Grand Villas and Bungalows before.) You get your own mini-house with a great view. (They are luxurious and remind me of over-the-water bungalows in the South Pacific.) The Bungalows really are a different experience than being in (yet another) hotel tower, which WDW now has a lot of. (Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria, Swan, Swan Reserve, Dolphin, BLT, Riviera, and Grand Destino.)

From every video of the bungalows I've seen whether just a room tour or of people actually staying there, they don't seem luxurious to me. Small, lots of bugs outside, dinged up furniture, useless dip pool, no daily housekeeping...and SSL is far from the waters of the South Pacific.

They're a gimmick and if anything ruined views for many staying in the villas; as well as caused a controversial over-abundance of points sold.

Our stay at VGF and Cabins at CC were probably the only stays that came close to feeling luxurious. But any villa on property beats staying at a value! LOL

Very skeptical that this Tower will do anything good to the Poly. I also think the Great Ceremonial House porte cochere remodels look cheap and poorly themed. But what do I know, people don't seem to care and continue to run to Disney to spend their money.

I think they will push this one through. I think reflections was going to be pretty awesome, but the location would have been very expensive and was not as good as where Poly will be.

And Reflections was a joint venture with both DVC and cash rooms. This is now all DVC so I think it will go ahead.

They will always use that so not to have anyone base decisions to buy on it and then it doesnt happen.

What I do know, is that I like the current Poly and as an owner I'm going to have the same access to the restaurants of Poly2 with everyone else and 90% likely to have the same access to the Poly2 pools as Poly1 and hotel guests. And if I really wanted the specific room type in the tower I'm not exactly locked out- I could just swap or rent points for access.

That is where many will argue with you. If it is a different association you will most likely not be able to use the pool at Poly2. Just like Contemporary can’t use the pool at BLT. Where as Poly2 will most likely still gain access to Volcano Pool

That is where many will argue with you. If it is a different association you will most likely not be able to use the pool at Poly2. Just like Contemporary can’t use the pool at BLT. Where as Poly2 will most likely still gain access to Volcano Pool
But Copper and Boulder Ridge share a pool. There is precedent for either and my guess is they will want to alleviate crowded in Volcano by bringing people to Poly 2’s pool

Given the location of the tower in relation to the Poly resort…it’s actually closer to the cash rooms than PVB, I’d be extremely surprised to see the pool restricted to Poly tower guests only.

If it were restricted just to Poly tower..meaning it’s declared as a common element.. those owners would be required to pay all costs.

If it is considered a resort pool and not part of the association…like the rest of the pools…then all costs are shared between everyone.

Most likely, different association, shared amenities. I don't see any logical reason Disney would make it the same association.

Like guests can’t just wait for the gate to open?

I also know we are all speculating, but location of the Poly Tower pool would make three hotel-side longhouses be pool view, but they can’t use the pool they look at?

I honestly didn’t realize that BLT wasn’t accessible to Contemporary guests, but I doubt that’s a deterrent to many people staying there. Just as access to one pool, when I have access to two others and a play feature wouldn’t deter me. I also think BLT may be the outlier here? It also has zero food or retail options of its own and depends solely on the contemporary for those.

My other thoughts on Poly2 are that I think the price per point could be much higher than we saw VGF since there was no new construction; the profit margin has to be different. Given that the points charts could be astronomical to offset the higher costs. I guess Disneyland hotel tower will give some indication.

From every video of the bungalows I've seen whether just a room tour or of people actually staying there, they don't seem luxurious to me. Small, lots of bugs outside, dinged up furniture, useless dip pool, no daily housekeeping...and SSL is far from the waters of the South Pacific.

They're a gimmick and if anything ruined views for many staying in the villas; as well as caused a controversial over-abundance of points sold.

Our stay at VGF and Cabins at CC were probably the only stays that came close to feeling luxurious. But any villa on property beats staying at a value! LOL

Very skeptical that this Tower will do anything good to the Poly. I also think the Great Ceremonial House porte cochere remodels look cheap and poorly themed. But what do I know, people don't seem to care and continue to run to Disney to spend their money.
Good point about the bungalows. Conceptually they seem fun and unique, but the reality looks a lot different. We love the cabins at CC, but have never stayed at the bungalows, so I can’t speak from first hand experience. But they don’t look as nicely designed, and the CC cabins‘ hot tubs beat the useless dip pools.

Also, the bungalows’ point chart is beyond sky high. If Poly 2 is a separate association, I’ll buy in, but the bungalows for us wouldn’t be a selling tool.

Besides adding a LARGE number of guest to the monorail, the tower (while it looks really nice) does NOT seem to fit with the Poly theme. I agree with all who said they took the Nature resort, tweaked it a bit and added it to the Poly. Put somewhere else, I would love it. But it doesn't fit there.

Besides adding a LARGE number of guest to the monorail, the tower (while it looks really nice) does NOT seem to fit with the Poly theme. I agree with all who said they took the Nature resort, tweaked it a bit and added it to the Poly. Put somewhere else, I would love it. But it doesn't fit there.
That’s why I like it. Of course it’s all subjective, but I far prefer the sleek but inviting modernism of the tower to the dated Poly design, which I’m glad the architecture does not attempt to echo. Don’t care at all that the design is close to the Reflections renderings…I liked it then and I like it now!

We're so excited to have our first contract submitted for ROFR! We have been tossing around the idea of becoming DVC members for a while-- former Cast Member-- and we finally decided to go for it. I feel like we ended up with a pretty good deal so I'm pleased! We love the Polynesian and want it to be our home. I know there are lots of questions about the new tower at PVB but it doesn't really impact us too much, honestly.

We feel like the studios at the Poly meet our needs and we love them. Fingers crossed we'll be welcomed home soon!

We're so excited to have our first contract submitted for ROFR! We have been tossing around the idea of becoming DVC members for a while-- former Cast Member-- and we finally decided to go for it. I feel like we ended up with a pretty good deal so I'm pleased! We love the Polynesian and want it to be our home. I know there are lots of questions about the new tower at PVB but it doesn't really impact us too much, honestly.

We feel like the studios at the Poly meet our needs and we love them. Fingers crossed we'll be welcomed home soon!
That was our thought also. :)

Admittedly, I am a Poly resale owner and I'm on the fence about whether I want the new tower to be in the same association or not. But do you think that the language up on the Polynesian's page now about "Polynesian Village Resort expansion" tells us anything about whether the new tower will be in the same association? I may be reaching for straws here, but it seems like referring to it as an expansion instead of saying "construction of blah blah blah" may be a clue? Or not. LOL

1656522785900.png

Admittedly, I am a Poly resale owner and I'm on the fence about whether I want the new tower to be in the same association or not. But do you think that the language up on the Polynesian's page now about "Polynesian Village Resort expansion" tells us anything about whether the new tower will be in the same association? I may be reaching for straws here, but it seems like referring to it as an expansion instead of saying "construction of blah blah blah" may be a clue? Or not. LOL

View attachment 680255
One would think it wouldn't say "AT" but who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter