Why is BLT more expensive in resale price per point?

I agree, you won't see SSR pricing on BLT points, but in a few years, you should see prices more in line with BCV - with a premium due to the extra years.

That's kind of what I expect as well, BLT will always have a premium price to the other current resort, just like BCV has a premium to all the other resorts currently.

BLT's higher prices are a combo of factors. It's newer, it's still in active sales, it's near the monorail, sells for more retail, there are less resales available, people paid more, a higher % have a mortgage and the dues are lower. There may be others we can come up with as well. I would agree with Bill that the dues will not remain as large a difference as they were initially but they should continue to be favorable. As for attractive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd venture that BLT has had far more people say that they didn't like the resort rooms than any other resort.

I should have elaborated, your points are exactly what I meant by attractive, not just aesthetically pleasing, but attractive financially, as well as desirable location.:thumbsup2

That's kind of what I expect as well, BLT will always have a premium price to the other current resort, just like BCV has a premium to all the other resorts currently.

Although it will be interesting to see. Grand Floridian might make that premium less....and if Villas go in at the Poly we could see BLT resale prices tank.

I don't know how GF will play out against BLT. But I'm pretty sure the the Poly would win any death match the three of them have.

Although it will be interesting to see. Grand Floridian might make that premium less....and if Villas go in at the Poly we could see BLT resale prices tank.

I don't know how GF will play out against BLT. But I'm pretty sure the the Poly would win any death match the three of them have.

Could happen and if it does then maybe I'll look at buying at BLT. The one advantage that BLT will have over GF and Poly is that you can walk from BLT to MK.

Could happen and if it does then maybe I'll look at buying at BLT. The one advantage that BLT will have over GF and Poly is that you can walk from BLT to MK.

And while they may have to change it, at the present time the 3 resorts share buses to HS, and BLT is the first stop both ways. While this may be trivial, it is not to me. One day we didn't even stop at Poly because the bus was full already and could fit no more, I surely would assume they sent them there own, but you never know.

And I am not sure if this is the same to AKV and DTD or not. Also, how many years do you think it will take before you see GF on the resale market? I am not sure how long it took with BLT, I was not around then.

And while they may have to change it, at the present time the 3 resorts share buses to HS, and BLT is the first stop both ways. While this may be trivial, it is not to me. One day we didn't even stop at Poly because the bus was full already and could fit no more, I surely would assume they sent them there own, but you never know.

And I am not sure if this is the same to AKV and DTD or not. Also, how many years do you think it will take before you see GF on the resale market? I am not sure how long it took with BLT, I was not around then.

About ten minutes after it goes on sale.

Not quite, but almost immediately there will be people who buy on vacation, then get home and - after they can't get out of it any longer - discover its a bad fit or really not affordable. Or they get laid off a month after they bought. Or divorced.

Like BLT, those contracts won't be cheap - people who make that mistake generally need to get as much out as possible - and Disney isn't interested in fire sales on their newest resort.

I'm looking at resales too and don't quite understand why BCV is more expensive than the others like VWL and AKV and BWV in particular since both BWV and BCV are walking distance to Epcot & HS?

I'm looking at resales too and don't quite understand why BCV is more expensive than the others like VWL and AKV and BWV in particular since both BWV and BCV are walking distance to Epcot & HS?

Small resort, high demand. BWV has about three times as many rooms and about three times as many contracts coming up. People who love BCV love it - they like SAB, or they like something else about the resort.

BCV can be the most difficult to book seven months out for "ordinary" rooms (i.e. not standard view or "specialty view" or concierge or Grand Villas). So for people who ALWAYS want to stay at BCV - especially those who travel during high demand times, the price premium is worth it.

For a lot of people though, it isn't. If you aren't a SAB fan and just want the Epcot area - BWV Standard View is the bargain.

I should have elaborated, your points are exactly what I meant by attractive, not just aesthetically pleasing, but attractive financially, as well as desirable location.:thumbsup2
I don't think we agree as much as you think. BLT is only a good deal if you want to stay there most trips enough to pay significantly more. It'll be more expensive than many other options. Part of the reasons for BLT being more are artificial and won't hold up.

DougEMG said:

You can walk to MK from any resort, it just takes longer. :)

Seriously, though, the ability to walk to MK from BLT was the number one reason why we bought there (resale).

Also, how many years do you think it will take before you see GF on the resale market? I am not sure how long it took with BLT, I was not around then.

We bought BLT in Sept 2009. Shortly after found out about resale. There were maybe a couple BLT and they were priced the same or higher as retail.

14 months after we initially bought they had the Black Friday sale. Checked resale again, there were more BLT listed but still priced the same or higher and most were stripped. We bought 100 points direct and saved the closing costs and got the extra years' points. A very good value at the time.

Of course, we had just returned from a six night stay in a 2br at BLT and quickly realized we needed more points to be able to do that every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter