Why is AK closing early on May 24th?

Spaceguy55

Work is a 4 letter word
I was making my plans for my trip the last 2 weeks of May and this date has some interesting things.

1 The park closes that day at 7pm while the days before and after are closing at 10pm, and the next week for Pandora it will close at 11pm some nights.

2 I was booking some DP's for ROL and the 24th is blocked out.

Could this be a sneak peak for Pandora for the press or just a special private event?

I was making my plans for my trip the last 2 weeks of May and this date has some interesting things.

1 The park closes that day at 7pm while the days before and after are closing at 10pm, and the next week for Pandora it will close at 11pm some nights.

2 I was booking some DP's for ROL and the 24th is blocked out.

Could this be a sneak peak for Pandora for the press or just a special private event?
Disney has a press event scheduled for May 21-27. They could very well be seeing AK at night that day. It might also be a private event.

The agenda hasn't been released for the press event yet, but my guess is that the 24th will be the night when the biggest of the biggest Disney big shots and probably James Cameron, will formally introduce and open the expanded AK to the press.
Makes sense. They are going to want to showcase the nighttime offerings for sure.

The agenda hasn't been released for the press event yet, but my guess is that the 24th will be the night when the biggest of the biggest Disney big shots and probably James Cameron, will formally introduce and open the expanded AK to the press.
agreed
this will be similar to what they did with cars land at night ABC

I think the 24th is the day they discover that the two attractions in Pandora aren't functioning and there's no way they can open on the 27th.:duck:

*It's just a joke based on the fiasco that was ROL.:jester:

Now the park is closing at 3:30 on the 24th. I agree, its most likely a private party for the press.

My issue with this date is our family has a 6:30 pm ADR at Tiffins for the 24th. I called guest relations to see what advise I would get. No definite answer...all the cast member would say was "for now, I wouldn't cancel it. Wait until closer to the date in case there are changes to the schedule."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter