Why hasn't Universal made a Harry Potter deluxe resort?

We met these people at Studios , My Dh was talking to them asked them if the saw HP... they were like meh looks like everything at home.... i guess the british are not that impressed. I would love it, the best part of all of it it total immersion. We want to stay in the star wars hotel so badly but with 40 rooms it looks like it will be awhile for ill get in.

Just because you met one British person who wasn’t impressed doesn’t mean the “British” aren’t impressed. We are.

We know many, many Brits who have made the journey to Orlando just to see Harry Potter and have loved it beyond words.

As Brits we think it is magnificent what they have done with Potter, and there’s no place can come close.....

As for them saying it’s just like home, not sure where they live but I’ve never seen anywhere quite like Hogsmeade and Diagonal Alley in the UK.....they must live somewhere really special.

Ew what an awful opinion to have, that's coming from another brit. I LOVE the theming of The Wizarding World in the parks, it's truly magical. They must be stubborn muggles.

We met these people at Studios , My Dh was talking to them asked them if the saw HP... they were like meh looks like everything at home.... i guess the british are not that impressed. I would love it, the best part of all of it it total immersion. We want to stay in the star wars hotel so badly but with 40 rooms it looks like it will be awhile for ill get in.

What a silly statement. Even if it were true, it's a ringing endorsement. I also don't care if someone from Portofino, Italy isn't impressed with the PBH because it is too much like home.

Personally I'm glad they decided to make London look like London and not like, say Albuquerque.

It’s been well over 20 years since the release of the first book. I personally discovered them on a high school trip to London just at the time of the release of book 4 and I was hooked.

19 years later, I have a 7 year old. The number of small witches and wizards at his Halloween parade far outnumbered any other since costume. My generation is passing this on to our kids. Will they pass it on? Who knows. But I think there’s another generation in elementary school right now who will grow up loving these books because their parents loved them.

Also I feel like the books stand the test of time. Because so much is based in an imaginary magical land, it won’t get as dated.

I had an Uber driver in Orlando who also worked at The Three Broomsticks. I was asking about the chance of more vegetarian options there and he said it would be a long process to have something added to the menu because Rowling has control. She has to approve EVERYTHING, even down to the look of the name tags the HP area employees wear.

TBH, I'm glad she's willing to curate, in the real world, the fictional world she built so extensively and carefully. It will last much longer for it. Look at what happened when GRRM stepped back from GoT. She could just sit back and get paid. And paid. And paid. Instead she's particular to a degree that I don't think we've seen since Walt Disney. She knows it's a literary legacy on par with Tolkein, and if she doesn't fill out that universe, others will try to later.

I can't imagine the wailing and tantrums at check-in when some kids find out they've been selected to Slytherin.
And then my daughter who would be mad if she didn't get slytherin because her favorite color is green and she likes snakes. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter