Why does everyone say Pop is better?

We have stayed at Pop 20+ times and it is our number one choice of Disney resort! Love the pools, lake, proximity to AoA for food court and buses. We find it to be a good size and yet our rooms have never been in an area that is 'well traveled' so it still feels quiet.

All this being said, we visited ASMo during a rain storm a few weeks ago and if the dates we wanted were full at Pop, and it was a shorter trip, we would have no problems swapping over to ASMo.

As you've shared, the room renovations are similar between the 2 resorts. A couple of the differences noted for the All Star renovations are:
- closet does not have the extendable arm. If you bring a lot of items to hang this could make a difference
- AS showers are now rain head. Pop has dual shower heads (which we love!) Rainfall + hand held. Personally I find it difficult to rinse my hair with a rainfall shower so appreciate the option to use the other one.

Pop is home to us and for us it is worth the additional cost but each person knows best what their budget is and what amenities they prefer.

Hi...just curious why everyone seems to think Pop is the best of the value resorts? I just returned from a 10 day stay at movies and was in a newly refurbished room and the room looked identical to Pop's. In looking at all of the pictures the layout looks very similar, the only difference I can see is theming. I read about bus issues but in the 10 days I was at movies I never shared a bus once and never waited more than 10 minutes. I am booked to back to movies in December and then Music in August but feel like I should change since everyone says Pop is better so please convince me why I should spend $200 US more to change to Pop?! Lol!

I don't think Pop is better. I like the food courts at the All Stars better than the one at the Pop. Which makes me the odd woman out, I know.

I tried to the Pop to see what I was missing, and for me, it really isn't worth the extra money.

I hated Pop when I stayed there last week. I always stay at All Star Sports, but this trip there was a better deal at Pop and everyone always raves about it. Bus lines were super long (I have never seen anything like it at sports!), the busses took forever for AoA and Pop (we were right by the bridge), the food court was loud and busy at every hour of the day, it seemed like more people rope dropped at Pop (we would normally leave 45-60 minutes before park opening at Sports and it would be a ghost town, but Pop everyone is out!). The room was nice and the location of our room, but everything else wasn't worth it. I would much rather stay at Sports than Pop. (I have never done music or movies, but I am sure they are the same)

I've stayed at Pop twice and love it. I wasn't sure if I would like All star but I just stayed 2 nights at sports ( I had to extend my trip due to Florence and chose the cheapest option). I was surprised how much I loved it. The room was similar to the other values, it had 2 beds (no table bed, which I don't want). The layout was nice, everything was close and never had a problem with buses. Would definitely stay at All star again. I'm not sure if I'll go back to Pop due to the table beds.

I cannot offer any advice. It is really based on your preferences and experiences. We have stayed deluxe to budget and have likes and dislikes. Stayed in all of the Allstars at one point and at PoP as well. Current preference is PoP maybe because it is newer, maybe because we don't feel like we are at the edge of the Universe. All Stars feel sort of way out there and the bus rides seem longer. We tend to alternate between PoP and POFQ which is our all time favorite bar none. We will be staying at AoA starting Saturday in the Little Mermaid section and the price is comparable to PoP.l We thought we would give it a try but must admit that the availability of a bus to PoP or AoA at the end of the day does make it seem like you have more transport options. If I recall a walk between the All Stars is a little bit longer than a stroll across the Hour Glass Lake bridge. It also means more pool options and two food courts.

We'll see after this trip.

They would be stupid to do that... There are so many people who would never ride those gondolas, and if that's their only way to get to those parks, they'd likely just stay somewhere else. Not to say they WON'T eliminate buses from those resorts, just that they would be stupid to do so.

I agree! I'm deathly afraid of heights (not flying, but other types of heights), and would never ride a gondola, period. I grew up in St. Louis, and frequented Six Flags there (and worked there). I still recall the tragic accident on the skyway gondola in the 70's.

#3 Music, never again, I will stay offsite before I'd go back there. It's laid out like no others with the standards a long walk to front of resort, it's very dark and uncomfortable at night, I don't like being in the back and had only bad stays there.
So much this!!

My only stay at a value was at Music and it broke me to all others All Star. I hated every minute of it and going back to the room at night was a sacrifice. Never ever again.

I've stayed at Pop twice and love it. I wasn't sure if I would like All star but I just stayed 2 nights at sports ( I had to extend my trip due to Florence and chose the cheapest option). I was surprised how much I loved it. The room was similar to the other values, it had 2 beds (no table bed, which I don't want). The layout was nice, everything was close and never had a problem with buses. Would definitely stay at All star again. I'm not sure if I'll go back to Pop due to the table beds.

All of the values are getting the Murphy beds in the current reno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter