• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Why does everyone love POP so much?

I like Pop mainly because the hotel itself is closer to the parks. It is only a 10 minute ride to DTD instead of 20 from the All Stars. It is closer to MK, Epcot and HS. The only ride that is longer is the one to AK, and we only do that 1X a trip. We do the parks from about 10 a.m. to close each time, so by the time close comes, I am tired and just want to get back!! I think the theming is neat too.

OP here, Thanks for all the opinions. I am shocked to hear it is a 20 minute bus ride to ASMu. That may be a deal breaker for me. We have never used the buses, we always used either the monorail or rental car. Won't have a car this trip. I don't know if I would like a 20 min ride, although that is just MK, how about Epcot, that seems like it is closer.

I've stayed at each of the values with the exception of AoA. I've had good and bad experiences at each. The buses can be hit or miss at ANY of the values. Our worst bus wait was during a stay at ASMusic. Over an hour wait in the hot sun for a bus to Epcot. A transportation supervisor showed up due to all of the complaints. Once the bus arrived, we boarded and were subsequently involved in an accident at the intersection with the CSR. They tried to make us write statements and give personal info and we all refused. I'm sure due to the extremely long wait we'd already endured. Then we had to wait for another bus to arrived and pick us up. It was a bad ordeal, but I suppose it could have happened anywhere.

Another terrible bus ordeal was waiting to leave MK and head back to ASmovies. It was sweltering hot, even late at night, and over 45 minutes waiting to board a bus. People were actually vomiting in line. Unbelievable. While I stood in this line with my tired, hot, frustrated family, surrounded by angry guests, I looked over at the moderate resort bus lines. They were short, and despite how short their lines were, they received more frequent buses. I decided at that moment that I would never stay at a value again if I didn't have to.

I've experienced frustration at Pop as well. It is absolutely the LOUDEST resort I have ever stayed at. I also found the food court to be extremely busy. I mean absolute bedlam. People pushing and shoving in lines, rudeness due to frustration on the part of the guests due to how chaotic the place was. An absolute mess and NOT what one wants to experience on vacation.

Keep in mind, these experiences ive described all occurred during the off season when the resorts are less full. We've stayed at moderates on our last two trips and I must say, the buses and food courts were worth every penny extra we had to pay. We've also gotten used to the tranquility of the moderates. Much quieter and calm.

Despite my preference for moderates however, I would stay at any of the values if that's all we could afford in order to make a trip to WDW. Additionally, we've gone on three Disney Cruises and we all prefer a DCL cruise vacation. Sooo relaxing! But we still absolutely love WDW and will continue to return. We're planning our first Christmas in WDW this year. We're staying at CSR. I'm preparing for unreal crowds. Hopefully we will have a great time despite the huge crowds.

I've stayed at POP three times and never had any problems. I choose it because of the I don't have to pay extra for the lakeview. I also get good room locations there.

Why is this resort so polular? I decided on ASMU just because it seemed smaller and easier to get around. But besides that, all the values look so similar so I am just wondering what POP has to offer that the others don't.

ASMu was my first resort and I really liked it. In fact as of right now it is my fill in resort for the last two days of my trip.

I think POP is so over the top icons, and thememing that people get into the mood and feel like it's an atmosphere that promotes the holiday spirit. Personally not my thing. There is also the 'one bus no sharing" theory, which I don't buy since POP is huge and all three allstars combined barely have the same capacity and indvidually it's no comparison.

(of course I'm actually doing one night at the new AoA, just for the sake of staying at the 'new' place. But I'm pretty apathetic with the decor and thinking it's not going to be my thing at all)

I love the subtle decorating better (I prefer ambieance to themeing) so Music was really appealing out of the value level for me.

I do think however that POP is very popular and that it really does appeal more people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter