Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Chicago Mo, Jul 10, 2015.

1. JKeenz

JKeenz Mouseketeer

Awww what a great post :lovestruc
    The gifs, the pics, the vintage commercials... all awesome. Kind of warmed my heart. :hug: Excited to see what else you have in store!!! :cool1:

2. MissMaryQC

MissMaryQC DIS Veteran

Geez MO! I'm not crying, you're crying!

Your wonderful family has grown up! But they've grown up nicely, and seem like great kiddos.

We'll be here when the colds pass, and you're ready to tell us all your plans, which better include some kind of meet up!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

That picture just makes me want to cry. All that wasted wine. :rotfl:

I did one for 6 and that was stressful enough. I could not imagine 14. I have a feeling the whole trip will be like herding cats. Maybe you should invest in some people leashes? :rotfl2:

You need to tell them I said to quit growing! Loved the trip down memory lane. :love:

:crazy2: Um, just no. Jalapeno's and I just do not get along.

5. Clio

Clio DIS Veteran

Wow taking the wrong meds for 3 months will mess you up. I'm glad the doctor figured out what was going on. That rash on your leg looks painful.
    Great post of the kids through the years. I hat that keds grow up so fast.
    My life hasn't been very interesting. I spend a month on days covering for someone who was getting things ready for inventory.
    I walked a couple of 5k races. Let's just say that I'll never win the race but I did both of them in under an hour. They were fun I was going to do a Harry Potter 5k with my daughter but it filled up too fast so I'm a volunteer instead. As my daughter said, I'm good at yelling at people.
    Sunday I'm working at the lemonade stand at our church festival. There's an airshow at the airport near by so it should be interesting.
    Liz

6. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

yes.. Ever dang picture i have of her that trip is a head tilt!

Go.. Just go make them.
    click this:
    HOT DOG

Thank you!!! :hug::hug:
    it's going to be a ride of a life time for sure.

HA HA! how about it.. like i said i never gave them permission to grow this fast.
    Thank you yes thy are really great kids. as i see other children who back talk to their parents- just out right disrespect the adults!!!
    My kids just look at me. Like: did you just see that? Parent your children people stop being their FRIEND!
    Sorry i have issues with bad behavior and the parents who ALLOW IT - kids are kids and will be snotty little miscreants it's how we as parents deal with the situation. Ok off my soap box..

Plans.. Coming right up so we CAN have that meet up!

I can guarantee there wasn't a drop left in any of bottles!
    I guess i should have said- there were no grapes or wine bottles hurt during any meetings.
    LOL!

Herding cats.. <-- that is funny.
    if they want to roam, i say let them.. No problem there.. LOL.. As long as i don't find them passed out in a bush somewhere i will be fine with it.

they aren't listening... help!

Oh NO i am so sorry!! these are NOT spicy unless you leave the seeds in there.. I did that with half. the other half was kid friendly

7. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

Update:
    [​IMG]

Am i the only one who goes to Disney for a day?

Good friends of mine were in FL. His sister lives pretty much in the backyard to Magic Kingdom. seriously..
    THE. BACK. YARD
    One day she complained about MK fireworks- Granted they were doing the testing for the new show at 3am.. BUT IT'S MK FIREWORKS. Which i of course had to call her out- 1. they are MK FIREWORKS and 2- that like moving next door to the airport and complaining about airplanes.
    just sayin

Tuesday June 27th Kristie is texting me. we are going back and forth until i get the following text:
    Check your email.
    And there shining like a beacon is my flight information.
    They flew my into florida for the day! My flight was 520am and i landed at 130am.
    it was the stupidest thing i ever did
    I regret NOTHING. <-- or reguert.
    Packing was the easiest i ever had to do. i had my backpack filled with an extra set of clothes and flip flops some paperwork just in case
    i had my Beaker bag from D~ filled with my pack necessary stuff. My bag fit into my backpack without an issue. I HAD NO LUGGAGE.
    it was weird.
    [​IMG]20170628_023444
    WEIRD.............
    I was tired from the no sleep and lack of caffeine
    As i was waiting for anyone who works in Midway to come out, a crazy family walked up to me
    Clearly i look like i i work here.
    I SWEAR to you they were carnies. It was the Fat lady.. The bearded lady, a couple others and the smallest toddler i have ever seen.
    They were asking me questions on how those kiosks work.
    Thankfully they ended up going into the line and waiting. and i made a break for it to the security line.
    Again easiest line ever. lickety split i was in and in line for some much needed coffee.
    Sitting enjoying my brew someone had asked about my sweatshirt asking if i was from Hegewisch. Since he said the word correctly i knew he was from the area. after chatting for a little found out he knew my dad. not my step dad my Dad.
    Small world!
    Before i knew it my chariot awaits!
    [​IMG]20170628_033540[/url] by Michelle Bonadurer, on Flickr[/IMG] [​IMG]20170628_033540

The flight attendant was a jerk.

As we were all getting settled (i was in the aisle seat) had my head phones on and trying very hard to just sleep for a little
    when the flight attendant taps me on the shoulder asking me to move so a mother and daughter can sit together
    and said it with such venom!
    WTH! I totally will move! you don't have to be snotty if that were me and peanut i would want to sit with her! NOT a problem! i will move and i did sat with another mother and daughter who were on their merry way to Disney.. they were so cute!
    But i apparently did something to the flight attendant from hell. Anytime she would come near me.. She would bump me SO HARD! like push me over!! I was not in the aisle i was not leaning in. She just was being a...
    [​IMG]

I present Itch-Bay:
    [​IMG]20170628_072325

Needless to say i didn't get much sleep.
    [​IMG]20170628_054049

Other then this the flight wasn't bad.
    landed pretty early grabbed my backpack and was headed out!
    [​IMG]20170628_083907

[​IMG]20170628_045947

FUN!!!

[​IMG]20170628_085052

Oh how i wanted to stop! but i can't Roger was picking me up!
    I called everyone let them all know i was alive and well. Roger was a little late being stuck in Construction but in no time he found me and I was greeted by a big ol bear hug- yet more importantly this:

[​IMG]20170628_091518

My friends know me SO WELL.

The short ride back to his sisters house was amazing. it's SO BEAUTIFUL there! So clean the palm trees the HUMIDITY! Blach... the streets are smooth
    just beautiful.

I guess they kept it a secret from the little kids i was coming because when we parked Kristie called out the littles and I was TRAMPLED with hugs and squeals!
    I just adore their kids. I joke with them i am only friends with them for their kids. Both Kristie and Roger were both previously married - so they bring to this marriage
    7 kids

Yeah you read that right.

But on this trip there were 4 kids. Lexie (12)- Nico (10) - Vivi (6ish) - and the main man.. Ivan. Ivan is 4 and he is the biggest Mickey fan out there his age.. so this was going to be a huge treat - for me! I get to be here to witness their first time!!

we all jumped into Roger's can and off we went to breakfast at McDonalds. :crazy2:
    No thanks.. I have my coffee i am good.
    Parking lot wasn't that bad! I was shocked.. But we still took the tram.
    through security
    Which is just STRANGE now
    Up the monorail! What other was is there for a couple of first timers?
    The kids LOVED going through Contemporary Ivan was screaming at chef Mickeys! Then seeing the castle? OMG It was a HOOT!
    I do NOT have many pictures - since i told MY kids we were going to Epcot. How can i tell them i was going to MK without them?
    Nope. They were ok with this trip- because it was for Ivan. they said if it was anything else they would be extremely angry. So i dodged that bullet.
    Walking into MK wasn't as magical without my kids. totally different experience! On the other hand i was there only for my friends and Vivi, Ivan's first time!
    When we all saw the castle I teared up.. A LOT watching all of them.
    I am so GRATEFUL for them allowing me into these memories! :lovestruc First up was the tea cups which i opted out and held the bags in the shade.
    I sent Tom this pic saying where am i:
    [​IMG]35677 \
    He knew exactly where i was! I do have a Disney crazied Husband!!!

You get the rest later I have to leave today! I forgot my wallet at home today!!

Milhouse_, Raeven and MissMaryQC like this.
  8. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

I was so jealous that you got to go for a day!

What was up with that flight attendant? Southwest is usually so much better than that.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your day.

9. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

I am so behind, but that is ok. Congrats on quitting smoking! I know from my friends how hard that can be! Good for you for keeping it up. That sounds like a law suit waiting to happen with your pharmacy! I would have been so mad! I have no idea how so much drinking happens and we come out more confused that not? I don't blame the booze at all. I cannot believe how we have watched your kids grow! I remember reading the head tilt report! I think that was the first one of yours I followed! This sub 24 hour trip sounds great! And like something I would totally do! I think DBF is planning to put a ring on it next week, and if I can't get an engagement session booked at Epcot for our trip, I will just have to go back and do a similar trip...DARN!

10. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

WOOHOO for an impromptu Disney Day!!!!!! I LOVE seeing people's reactions to the castle the first time--even strangers as we're leaving the park and they're walking down Main Street. So magical!! I'm making myself choked up now! Excited to see how the rest of the day went :)

11. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

That means that you have picked out your fp's. I can't wait to hear what you have planned. :)

Everyone here knows that you can handle something like that. You are a pro!

Oh my gosh - this happened overnight. The kids look great! :)

I love your day trip to Disney. That must have been a lot of fun and very surreal at the same time. I can't believe the kiosks at SWA were that empty. We take the first flight out all the time and never see it like that, although we never fly on a Tuesday morning.

12. Ohhlookitsnic

Ohhlookitsnic Earning My Ears

Im so late to replying, but YES GIRL YES ! That is the way to go ! I get to fixated on the scale, So I had to stop weighing myself, A friend from a fitness studio I work out at recommend that I do measurements instead and WOW what a difference ! I also go by clothing sizes, I used to be a 2-3 X, now I'm at an XL-1X, I started in 2014,Had some set backs with injures and life but I'm never going back to old the old ways !

13. Ohhlookitsnic

Ohhlookitsnic Earning My Ears

Its been great here <3 ! I loved re reading all your old posts and seeing how much you have all changed !

14. Iamthequeen

Iamthequeen DIS Veteran

I was so jealous over your one day trip - though it probably would have knocked me on my backside for a week.

Technically I am 5' 1/4", so I still might be able to lord it over Peanut.....

Yes, they are now Minions!!!!!

15. MissMaryQC

MissMaryQC DIS Veteran

NOpe! We did one day in March, but we lived in Florida then so, you might be the only person who flies down for a day!

Yay!! What a great treat!

:rotfl2:

Wow, small world is right! That's wild!

Why? Why do people have to be like this? Don't get me wrong, we all have bad days, but you work in service, it's part of your job to be pleasant! I speak from years of experience!

Exactly! I bet if she'd just asked you kindly, you wouldn't have even mentioned it here.

I'm dying a the dude behind you. Looks like he didn't sleep much either. :rotfl:

Nice!

Really? I've read good things coming from the resorts, what's it like now?

You've done well.:thumbsup2

16. Iamthequeen

Iamthequeen DIS Veteran

Try "The Day of Steve"

17. Blissikins

Blissikins Mouseketeer

Wow! I take a week or so off to up sticks and move, and look at you with all the updates! :rotfl:

Those photos of the kidlets are too cute! They are growing WAY too fast though!

I can (worryingly) totally believe they got your meds wrong. My grandparents' local pharmacy/doctor managed to get her meds wrong, for six months. Nearly killed her, and she's never been the same since. She was on a dose for a 6'+ heavy-set guy and she's 4'-something and in her eighties. I'm glad your doctor fixed it, hope you are feeling back to normal soon.

I'm so glad you got to have a Disney day! I'd love to be able to do something like that, just pop to MK (ahem, sorry, Epercot) for the day. Such Disney cravings lately! Though if someone were to say "off you go!" and give me tickets I think I'd still be a little apprehensive with Mum being so sick since Oct. I want to give it a little time and make sure her surgery was successful, and then think about booking. My husband keeps presenting me with screenshots of pricing-ups for this hotel and that hotel though, so at least he won't take much convincing when the time comes! Sounds crazy being desperate to go, and then not really, at the same time, but the thought of being a 9hr+ flight away if something goes wrong, instead of a 20min drive to meet them at the ER...Nope. My anxiety won't let me right now!

That flight attendant sounds like she needs an extra sprinkle of pixie dust! What an attitude!! John got so cross on our first trip, they kept waking him up for every little thing, even after he asked to be left to sleep and left his seatbelt visibly fastened. Even if they didn't purposefully wake him up it always seemed to be his seat that got clipped by the trolleys or that they stopped in front of for ages. Poor guy! Work spoiled him last year and flew him business class...apparently now we need to factor upgraded flights into our budget! Hmmmm... :scratchin I'm not convinced that is the best use of our Disney Money!