Why Do You Like The Wilderness Lodge?

the lobby.
the bus to mk..everyone brags about the boat but the boat ride is longer..the bus is only 5 minutes! :goodvibes

HA! This is exactly what DH and I say! That freaking boat takes forever! Not to mention the long walk all the way out to the dock. The bus is a breeze! 5 minutes flat. And the best part is, at the end of the night when you're leaving MK and every single bus stop is PACKED with people, WL isn't! :thumbsup2

To the OP, we love WL. It is our favorite resort, and we call it home! It's all under one roof, the theming is amazing, location is amazing, pricing is best of all the deluxes, transportation is great...It's the whole package! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Everything being in one building is awesome. It does spoil you.
Being that close to MK can't be beat either, and a good value when compared to the GF, Poly, and the Contempo.
You can spend the morning and early afternoon going to the parks. Go back to the lodge for a nap, swimming, and dinner. Then, as the sun begins to set, head to Main St. for the evening. :cool1:

We have stayed at WL twice and just love it. Love the fact that is all under one roof, smaller. The boat ride to the MK can't be beat. My must do is to fill my mug and then go sit on the beach and watch the light parade. The light parade is the one thing I remember from my first trip in 1975.

Plus our 8-year old LOVES the slide at the pool.:wizard::wizard:

Bus service is usually good too.

We are headed back to the world in December 2012 and decided that we don't really want tom stay anywhere else.

Bev

We have stayed there about five times over the last couple of years. It really is a beautiful place, and so relaxing. I can't think of any negatives.

I hope we enjoy our stay this year at the Grand Floridian as much as we enjoy the WL. To be honest, I am a little nervous about staying anywhere else.

It's gorgeous, comfortable :angel: , gorgeous, quiet ;) , gorgeous, serene :cloud9: , gorgeous, very nature-oriented :flower3: , gorgeous, peaceful :cutie: , gorgeous, friendly :hippie: ... and did I mention gorgeous ! :wizard:

Our favorite resort is POFQ if you're going for "bang for your buck". But it barely out does the WL. We've stayed at WL back in 1996 or 1995 and then again around 2000 and then again around 2005 or 2006. I can't remember. We're going back again this year. We've stayed at other resorts and this is the resort for me. Here's why...

• Quiet, calming feeling (AKL has the same feeling) walking up to the doors and into the lobby
  • The smell walking in truely is something that one would think you'd experience when visiting Yellowstone or one of the National Parks.
  • Rooms are relatively close to the lobby compared to some other resorts (POR, CBR, SSR, etc.)
  • The proximity to MK is a big deal for us as that's the park we spend two days in compared to 1 day for each of the other parks.
  • The boat ride to MK is peaceful and relaxing. It's also nice to sit up front and feel the breeze after a long day at MK.
  • Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue is a must. We've seen it 4 or 5 times, will see it again this June and it never gets old.
  • When going to Disney, we love everything Disney, but it's nice to go back to the resort and not have Disney in your face. The resort's details are over the top in true Disney fashion, but you could vacation here and not know you're at Disney World if you didn't visit the parks.
  • Whispering Canyon is a fun meal to have. We enjoy the skillet for breakfast or dinner. The dinner skillet is preferred with a tall draft Bud Light. The antics by the servers is fun if your family enjoys practical jokes.
Hope this helps in your decision. We've stayed at All Star Sports twice (and never again), All Star Movies, POFQ (twice), CSR, SSR and WL 3 times with this year being our 4th and WL is my personal favorite.

I think you've all convinced me! Sounds so perfect.

You will not be disappointed!!!:love:

I wasn't sure if I would fall in love with the WL b/c I am from New England and I prefer to see palm trees out my windows....that being said I fell hook, line and sinker in love with WL:cloud9:.

It is very peaceful, serene, and relaxing. The architecture is amazing to look at. There are so many details in the lobby that are beautiful and not to be missed. The sounds of the waterfalls in the lobby and courtyard are very relaxing and great to sit down by to catch your breath.

The boat ride to Magic Kingdom was fantastic! It was very relaxing and beautiful to take in the sights of Discovery Island and CR while on the boat. I found it was also a great way to leave MK after being there all day.

I only ate at Roaring Forks while I was there, but was pleased with every meal.

I had an inner courtyard room and loved having the balcony overlook eht waterfall, pool and Bay Lake. However, other than looking at a roof or dumpster, I don't think any of the views would be less than relaxing.

I was there for a solo trip for 4 days, so I didn't get to do everything I wanted at the resort, however, it is on my list of resorts to go back to with my family:thumbsup2

It is beautiful, serene and feels like hjome. You feel like you are alone in the woods while so close to many of the large parks. The boat to the Magic Kingdom, Artist Point, great bar, fabulous lobby, the places to discover on the various floors. I love taking a bottle of Fairy Tale Curvee to one of the "mini sitting areas" on one of the upper floors by it's own fireplace. Friendly cast members, animal life, great pool. I get the Wood View (Otter Pond) on the Magic Kingdom side. Floors 4 and higher in the middle give you a great view of the castle and fireworks from your balcony. It's the cheapest of the Deluxe resorts and after staying here, you will be loathe to go back to a non-Deluxe property.

HA! This is exactly what DH and I say! That freaking boat takes forever! Not to mention the long walk all the way out to the dock. The bus is a breeze! 5 minutes flat. And the best part is, at the end of the night when you're leaving MK and every single bus stop is PACKED with people, WL isn't! :thumbsup2

To the OP, we love WL. It is our favorite resort, and we call it home! It's all under one roof, the theming is amazing, location is amazing, pricing is best of all the deluxes, transportation is great...It's the whole package! :goodvibes:goodvibes

We don't like the boat because it is fast, we just like the ride. Bus service in general is very good, and the MK bus is snappy.

In addition to all of the great reasons posted, the service level in general is very good at WL. From mousekeeping to front desk to maintenance, every cast member if friendly, informed, and ready to answer a question or direct you to the answer.

The mix of theming, service level and quiter/slower pace have moved WL to e top of our list.

Themeing, location, and theming.

Also the value. For what you pay, you the best vacation. I almost stayed at them all. Wl is the best value.

WL is my first choice if I want a non-park Disney trip. It has excellent themeing, and being right next to FW, there are lots of things to do. I like the lobby, and all the little nooks and crannies for relaxing and enjoying the ambiance. I never mind having to wait for my room to be ready when I'm staying there.

I usually take the bus to MK instead of the boat. Nine times out of ten, the bus won't be crowded at all and the boat is packed. Also, if you're there when the weather is hot, the bus is air conditioned. It is a little longer walk to the gate, but no longer than if you were staying anywhere else, as they usually have one of the closest stops.

WL is always our first choice! Loads of reasons, but mainly -

* Decor is beautiful
* Great pool & poolside bar
* Artist Point
* Skillets at the Whispering Canyon Cafe!
* Proximity to MK / nice boat ride
* Watch the Electric Light Parade from your balcony!
* Better than the Grand Floridian by a mile and less $$$

Book up! You won't regret it

We've been there too many times to count.

Stunning Decor
Nice Pool
Wonderful theme.
Serene
Good Transportation
Nice running/walking path to Fort Wilderness

Just a great place to stay/relax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter