Why do club 33 posts get locked?

I absolutely can't understand, though, how anyone lucky enough to have someone else arrange a meal for them at Club 33 would fail to behave appropriately.

Neither can I.

IMHO the people that need to know about Club 33 --do-- so do not need to ask questions about the private restaurant.

How would they ever have gotten people to buy in if no one gets to know about it, though? It's an honest question, to ask WHAT it is and how do people buy into it. I imagine the waiting list is closed again, but maybe someday it will open, and maybe the person who asked what it is will have saved up and will get put on that waiting list. Maybe they are a future member. But they wouldn't be if we didn't answer their question.

thumbyskates, it's a private restaurant that costs quite a bit upfront and quite a bit each year. And you still have to pay for your food. :) (I had a friend whose parents belonged to a country club, who would invite me for the occasional brunch, and I always thought the food was included in the cc fees...I was so surprised to find out it's not!) The food is QUITE good, and it's the one and only place you can have alcohol in Disneyland (best mai tai ever!). I believe there are two levels now, and one allows you into a private area of Cathay as well. I'm not sure you can join either level right now; there are constant wait lists that get so long they have to close the wait list for years at a time.

Neither can I.
I'm not sure you can join either level right now; there are constant wait lists that get so long they have to close the wait list for years at a time.

Membership and the wait list is closed. I wrote asking for an application or to be added to the wait list 4+ years ago. I received a reply stating Club 33 was not accepting applications and they were no longer adding people to the wait list. The letter further stated that if the wait list was ever reopened they would send another letter. I am still waiting for the letter... :sad:

Martin

Malcon10t... the acts you describe in your post are very disturbing to me, but I appreciate your narrative of the events.

I have been aware of Club 33 for a number of years, but I can't imagine solicititing an invitation on this board... the very idea is contrary to good manners and the idea behind DL.

Agreed. And why any member would ask a stranger is beyond me. You are just asking for problems.

After reading these threads I think I'll cancel my membership. :)

Ettiquette dictates that unless you have a personal relationship with a member, that asking (especially in an open forum like this) is taboo. I was graciously offered an invite, and can't thank my host enough, but outright asking.. I wouldn't think of doing so.

Maybe someone here and answer my Q's about club 33. Do they let celebrities in that are not members? And was wondering if anyone ever heard how much it cost to belong, must be pricey! Would love to see it someday but most likely never will, but that's ok. Thanks for any info and enjoy all the magical spots we can see!

Current initiation fee is around $25,000 and an annual $10,000 fee. That permits you to visit the club and take part in club events- all of which come with a price tag. Think of it as a very exclusive country club. They used to allow members to sign in an unlimited number of guests to the parks. Now members are limited to 50 a year. The waitlist for membership is still measured in years.

I didn't mean to sound down on Club33. I've been a few times and it is always a great experience from the moment you ring the bell until you walk back out that special door into NOS.

Current initiation fee is around $25,000 and an annual $10,000 fee. That permits you to visit the club and take part in club events- all of which come with a price tag. Think of it as a very exclusive country club. They used to allow members to sign in an unlimited number of guests to the parks. Now members are limited to 50 a year. The waitlist for membership is still measured in years.

So what your trying to say is I'm not gonna be able to do this on a firemen's salary! Lol!

So what your telling me is I won't be able do this on a firefighters salary? Lol!!

So what your telling me is I won't be able do this on a firefighters salary? Lol!!

Depends on priorities... ;) I could probably take equity out of the house for the DP, stop funding the 401k, to fund the annual dues, and totally do it. All about priorities.

Does anybody know how the Executive (corporate) memberships work? Seems like it would be a great incentive for a company to have and offer to its employees for retention/morale.

Membership and the wait list is closed. I wrote asking for an application or to be added to the wait list 4+ years ago. I received a reply stating Club 33 was not accepting applications and they were no longer adding people to the wait list. The letter further stated that if the wait list was ever reopened they would send another letter. I am still waiting for the letter... :sad:

Martin
You might want to write again, the wait list has reopened.

Maybe someone here and answer my Q's about club 33. Do they let celebrities in that are not members?
Yes and no. If you are a Disney star, you come in as a guest under their membership sometimes. Others, it really depends on if you are working with Disney for something.
And was wondering if anyone ever heard how much it cost to belong, must be pricey! Would love to see it someday but most likely never will, but that's ok. Thanks for any info and enjoy all the magical spots we can see!
Currently, initiation is $27500, dues $11000.

Depends on priorities... ;) I could probably take equity out of the house for the DP, stop funding the 401k, to fund the annual dues, and totally do it. All about priorities.

Maybe I can convince the wife on this. Do the kids really NEED to go to college? LOL!!!

Membership and the wait list is closed. I wrote asking for an application or to be added to the wait list 4+ years ago.
The wait list was closed, but large changes in club rules have allowed many new members to be added. Everyone on the old list has been offered membership. The sudden increase in membership might be contributing to the recent issues.

Disney Parks Blog announcing the reopening of the wait list.

A very interesting (and sometimes heated) thread about the rules changes.
While a long thread, it contains valuable information for anyone considering membership.

thumbyskates, it's a private restaurant that costs quite a bit upfront and quite a bit each year. And you still have to pay for your food. :) (I had a friend whose parents belonged to a country club, who would invite me for the occasional brunch, and I always thought the food was included in the cc fees...I was so surprised to find out it's not!) The food is QUITE good, and it's the one and only place you can have alcohol in Disneyland (best mai tai ever!). I believe there are two levels now, and one allows you into a private area of Cathay as well. I'm not sure you can join either level right now; there are constant wait lists that get so long they have to close the wait list for years at a time.

Thank you!!!! Trust me, not trying to get a membership at the moment - though one day when I'm old and rich that sounds like a fantastic way to spend my money ;) Is the restaurant actually IN Disneyland? Where is it? Thanks for answering my questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter