Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

I had the late seating last cruise, thought it was too late. Now I'll be able to judge for myself...

We decided on late seating also- after reading posts about feeling rushed getting ready for dinner (sometimes takes more than an hour between getting me and DD presentable) -we felt like we would be cutting our day short. So we decided we could order from room service late in the afternoon for a quick snack if we were hungry. I don't think our DD (7 1/2) would sit through the entire dinner every night even if we had early seating. This way she can enjoy the shows with us, eat what she wants at dinner then go to the clubs.

We are on early (main) seating. With a 23 month old, we did not think she could wait until that late to eat, and we would probably have to put her in flounders when we ate then. Perhaps when she is older we will try the late seating.

Still keeping our fingers crossed for you TC, I sent DU another note last night asking if they are able to help move you to early - no response yet! Will keep you posted.

:D

Oh NOOOOO!!!

We just scheduled my DD (8.5) for surgery (getting her tonsils out!!!) for New Years Eve!!

It was the only day available during winter break or else she would have to miss ANOTHER week of school:eek: We were told one week of a difficult recovery and one more week of restricted activity (re-bleeding risk). That leaves only 4 days before we leave for our cruise.

I am sure that everything will work out fine but I just about had a fit when I realized we would be leaving so soon after her recovery.

Anyone go through this? How long did it take for your kids?

I am sure I will feel better about this tomorrow. Thanks

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

My 12-year-old niece just had an emergency appendectomy and recovered amazingly fast. A week after surgery she was riding one of those electric scooters (at least until her mom noticed!) Her mother had to keep telling her to slow down and stop running! She was back to school in a week.

Kids are really resilient and bounce back fast. I hope your daughter recovers quickly!

MickeyMagic

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me!!! Yea, we got our documents today for the 1/19 cruise. Not happy with the room assignment but am going to try and get that changed.

See ya soon!

MAGGIE :earsboy:

pmgreene

Did they change your room assignments from what you originally booked or didn't they give you a room number when you booked?

Hope you get it straightened out! See you soon....
MickeyMagic

When I booked with cruise411 I was told that I had a "guarantee" of at least a category 6 and would find out my room assignment at check in. Of course I looked for room assignment immediately on my tickets so I could look at the ship layout map. We are in 6028 which is just about attached to the forward elevator lobby. I get very frustrated with outside noises soooo...

I just an e-mail back from my TA and she said that a rep. at Disney said, sorry no room changes. That I can check if there are any other options at Port.

Any suggestions??

pmgreene

I would post a new topic asking for suggestions. Surely, someone must have had a similar experience.

MickeyMagic

You might also ask if anyone has every stayed in cabin 6028 on past cruises and if they noticed the noise. Even though you are near the elevators I would imagine that the foot traffic past that cabin wouldn't be any more or less than other cabins on deck 6.

Hi Everyone -

Haven't been on the boards much lately, just got caught up with reading this thread this evening.

From an earlier topic in this thread, and as another amazing coincidence, my DW and I are both past Ohio people. We are both from Akron and Kent and lived there for 48 years before retiring and moving to NE Florida. I still use my ice scraper from the car, but it's now a bug scraper, lol.

We got our Cruise Docs from the TA on 12/10 (this past Monday)with no changes good or bad, and we haven't determined our excursions yet.

This is what my Countdown timer says now:

It is now Saturday 12/15/2001 at 8:41:25 PM
Event: DCL 7 Day Cruise January 19, 2002
Scheduled For 01/19/2002 05:00 PM
1 month 3 days 20 hours 18 minutes 35 seconds or
4 weekends or
35 days or
836 hours (557 waking hours) or
50,178 minutes or
3,010,714 seconds

I'm going with the 557 waking hours statistic, it sounds shorter.

OK Crew, figured it was time to bump us up again. I bet all of us are now too busy with Christmas coming and trying to get ready for this cruise.

Just curious - no documents here - anybody else get theirs?

Just four more Saturdays left until that Saturday when we can leave our troubles in Port Canaveral!

:D

We got our documents last week! The last cruise we didn't get them until 2 weeks out, so no worries mon! Plenty of time yet. :-)

We booked thru Dreams and still don't have our docs yet. I see the Fed Ex man in our neighborhood every day and hope he's stopping by our house but not yet!:rolleyes:

We also booked with Dreams and we haven't received our documents either. I e-mail Donna and she contacted DCL and they said 10 to 14 days before the cruise. I'm still looking for that Fed Ex truck everyday!:)

Wow,

This is a great site.

We are going on the 19th with my dh, dd 8 and dd 6.

We are actually flying into MCO on the 16th to enjoy a few days at DWorld first. We will be staying at Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista.

This is out first time on ANY sort of cruise.

Would like to chat with MNMom as we are from Minnetonka, MN.

Can't wait! Only 29 more days!

-NoWayJose
:pinkbounc

NoWayJose welcome to the Dis board! This is absolutely the best site for Disney information.

Went home for lunch today and our docs were there!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter