Who's got some low-cal/fat...easy receipes? That's not asking too much, is it?

leahannpen

<font color=0099FF>WDW fan and A.J. fan<br><font c
Okay, it's almost New Years resolution time. (Again!)

Alot of us are going to try to lose weight, right? (Well, I am atleast!) And, we are also very busy people, because we are on the DIS way too much. (that's okay though...)

So, what are some easy, time saving receipes that you use, that aren't too fattening or un-healthy.

Please share! Come on... I've got my pen and paper ready so I can go grocery shopping and get what I'll need!

We tried the new Pasta Bakes jar the other night.... all you do is throw in uncooked pasta, the sauce, and a jar of water in 13x9 and bake. Add Mozz. cheese and bake until melted... the instructions are on the jar. This was super easy and my family ate every last drop! You could add hamburger or pepperoni, etc... but that would definitely add to the calorie content!

:D

leahannpen--------- What kind of lowcal/fat recipes are you looking for. I have quite a few.

webmomom - oh, nothing super-specific, I just wanted people to post their fav's. Give some new ideas, that type of thing.

Any chicken or ground beef receipes would be great, but I'm not too picky.

SPICY METLOAF WITH HERBS

2 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 carrot,finely chopped
2 tble minced celery
2 tble minced seeded green bell pepper
1 pound lean ground meat (10% or less fat)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 egg
2tble tomato paste
1 tble worcestershire sauce
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried leaves, crumbled
1 tspminced fresh sage, or pinch dried leaves
1 tsp minced fresh thyme, or 1/2 esp dried leaves
1/4 tsp hot red pepper sauce
1/4 cup tomato puree or tomato sauce diluted with 1/4 cup water.

Preheat overn to 350. spray a 9" square bakingpan with non stick cooking spray. In a large non stick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the mushrooms,onios, carrot, celery and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes

In a alarge bowl, combine the sauteed vegetable, beef, oats, egg, tomato past, worcestershire sauce, gaarlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, and pepper sauce. Shapeinto a loat about 7x 5x 2 and place in the pan. bake, bastine with tomato puree after 30minutes, until cooked through, about 1-11/4 hors. Let stand about 10 minutes before slicing/.

Per serving 268, 5 grams of fat

STUFFED PEPPERS

1/2 lb lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
1 cup cooked white rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup thawed frozen green peas
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tble tomato paste
3 gralic cloves, minced
1 tsp minced basil
1/2 tesapoon minced sage
1/2 tespminced rosemary
4 green, red or yellow bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
1/2 cup tomato puree or tomao sauce

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine the beef,rice, onion, peas, cheese, tomatoe paste, garlic, thyme, basil, sage and rosemary. Loosley stuff the peppers with the mixture, stand themin a bakin dish or casserole. Pour the tomato puree over thepepper; add rnough water so that theliquid comes about one-fourth upthe sides of the peppers. Cover with foil and bake, basting occasionally withthe juices, 30minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers ane rice are tender and the filling is completelyu cookd, about 20 minutes longer. let stand 5 minutes before serving.

per serving 284 calories 5 grams of fat 6 fiber

ORANGE CRUMBED BAKED CHICKEN

2 tble orange juice
2 table dejon mustard
1/2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup whole wheat crackers curmbs
1 tble grated orange zest
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
four 3-ounce skinless boneless chicken thighs or breast

preheat oven to 350. spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cookin spray.
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, mustard and soy sauce. On a sheet of wax papper, combine the craker crumbs, orange zest, onion powder and pepper. brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture, then dredgein the crumbs, firmly pressing the crumbs to coat both sides.

Place the chicken on the baking sheet. bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake until cooked throught, 15 to 20 mintes longer
]
per serving 179 calories, 4 grams of fat, 3 grams fiber

BARLEY CHICKEN CASSEROLE

2 tsp veg. oil
2 onion, chopped
3/4 cup pearl barley
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
2 tsplow-sodium chicken bouillon granules
3 cups cooked chicken breast
2 cups sliced musrhrooms
1/4 cup silvered almonds

preheat overnt o 350. in a nonstick dutch oven, heat the oil. Saute the onions and barley until the onions are wilted, 1-2 minutes.

Add both kinds of bouillon granules and 3 cups of water, stirring unitl the bouillon dissolves. Bake 45 minutes, then add the chicken, mushrooms and half of the almonds, stir to combin. Bake until thel liquid is absorbed and the barley is tender about 30 minutes longer. Serve, sprinkled with thereamining almonds.

per serving 272 calories, 1 gram of fat, 25 grams of protein

I have made all of these and they are all as good as each other. If you need anymore let me know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter