• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going in August??? When are you going???

This is my first DVC trip.

What is the Summer Block Party? Where is it and what time of day or night?

The summer block party was held at Pleasure Island. They have some carnival type games (FREE of charge), give you coupons for popcorn, cotton candy and an ice cream (my kid love that), we also got a visor one year and a member pin. They have a DJ and giveaways. It is usually held around 5 PM (which is sometimes tough to get the kids out of the pool and ready to head to DTD).. It is over around 7 I believe. Then we usually head out to dinner!! It is fun and a chance to meet some cast members from MS!!! and alos other DVC families!!

Going August 26th sept 2 in a studio at vwl.. same weeks last year and loved it. I personally as a dvc member i am hoping that free dining is not offered to the public and it will be even less croweded. as a paying dining plan member, the restaurants were to crowded during that time when free dining was offered.

DD15 and I will be at the BWV from Aug 19th to the 23rd. This is her 16th b-day trip. We usually go in the summer, so our day usually goes like this. We go to the parks in the morning and after lunch head back for some pool/pool bar time. Then we clean up and head back out for dinner and more park time. We live in Maryland too and I don't think the Florida heat is any worse than here.

Our family trip is in July. We'll be at the CBR for 2 nights and then the BWV for 5 nights.

DD15 and I will be at the BWV from Aug 19th to the 23rd. This is her 16th b-day trip. We usually go in the summer, so our day usually goes like this. We go to the parks in the morning and after lunch head back for some pool/pool bar time. Then we clean up and head back out for dinner and more park time. We live in Maryland too and I don't think the Florida heat is any worse than here.

Our family trip is in July. We'll be at the CBR for 2 nights and then the BWV for 5 nights.

My DD will have just turned 16 prior to our trip!!! I 'think' I will allow her to have 2 friends fly down for half of our vacation this year!!! DD plans to work on her 'tan' and if her friends come down, will most likely spend time checking out the boys!! UGH!!!! LOL!! She has come to the consensus that OKW has the cutest boys!!!

We will be at BWV Aug. 21 thru Sep 2. Also hoping there is no free dining package, it made restaurants unbearable. Have made almost all our dining reservations already just in case. But I like some flexibility to change with a day or two notice... wasn't possible last year.

We went last July and thought long and hard about going again in the summer... but we're going. We cope with the heat by:
- getting out early about half the time
- mid day nap and pool time
- stay out later (as long as our 7 year old holds up)
- lots of drinks, lots of drinks. Take frozen water bottles in the morning,
buy drinks in the afternoon.
- use Fastpass to reduce waiting times
- always wear hats and sunscreen
- misting water bottle (but annoying to cart around, need a smaller size)

DD and I are arriving at BCV Aug 6 to celebrate her 21st birthday. I imagine a lot of pool time and Epcot (drinking around the world) time.

We will be at OKW from 8/12 - 8/20. I always poo poo'd the August option but then DH and I went last year (just us, no kids) for 4 nights and loved it! No hotter than at home; plus we were on vacation!! This year we are bringing the kids and my sister and family and our best friends with their kids!! Already have all my ADR's!!! Cannot wait!

We are doing a family trip. There are 12 of us. We got a 2-bd and studio at BCV. Aug 12-17.
This will be a first stay at a DVC resort for the others. I took a solo trip in Jan.

Aug 5-10 at BW!! Looks like a bunch of us will be in WDW at the same time. Here's hoping for a block party again. Then it's off for a 4 night DCL cruise.

We are booked at OKW Aug 5-13. A lot of firsts this trip. First time DH, DS and I are at WDW together, First time staying on site, and First trip HOME!:yay:

I decided to stay an extra day so we could celebrate our anniversary there. Son wanted to go to the Sand Castle Club, and DH and I are going to Restaurant Marakesh for dinner. Also have ressies at Hoop-de-doo, Ohana, and the Fantasmic Dinner pkg at Hollywood and Vine. Everything else is Whatever.:cool1:

Now I'm really excited!

We'll be there August 11th - 18th, but we're out of points (stayed in a 2br in January for 10 days with my parents, it was a great time though, so I don't regret it!), anyway we're staying at POR. Can't wait!!!!!!!

We'll be at BCV 8/26-9/1. :cheer2: After all the snow we got yesterday I wish I was there right now!

DH and I are at BWV alone Aug 21-24--psyched that we are missing free dining (so the rumor goes). We've never stayed at BWV before, and are looking forward to it. As long as I shut my eyes going by the scary clown pool, we will have fun!
Last year we brought the kids in August, and they were cranky in the heat so this year, they stay home, and we go.:woohoo:

DW and I will be @ Vero Beach 8/1 - 8/4 studio and then on to VWL 8/4 - 8/11 1Br. Been there in Aug 3 other times and heat was not a problem. Parks in the early am and evenings...mid-day lots of rest and pool time.

My 2dd and I will be there from August 19th to August 24th. Hope the rain stays away. :cool1:
chrissybear said:
We will be there Aug 19-31. This will be our longest stay and our first split stay. We start off at OKW

Maybe we will meet at the check in counter! We are staying in an OKW GV 8/19-8/24. Various family members will be checking into 6 studios I booked for them.

Yeah, my crazy family is taking over OKW that week. BEWARE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter