Who's going in August??? When are you going???

See you at OKW!! I believe we met quite a few years ago at a DIS mini meet at the OKW pool!!!

You are correct we did meet a few years ago at the DIS mini meet. We will look for you near the pool in August.

You are correct we did meet a few years ago at the DIS mini meet. We will look for you near the pool in August.

And we will be taking up stakes again right near the lighthouse!!! I can't wait for some R & R!!!!

August 15-20, staying at OKW. I'm taking my cousin who will be graduating from high school in June as her graduation/birthday (September) present!

We always go in August and yes it is hot and humid! First thing I plan on is that it is going to be that way and prepare for it! Don't wear anything heavy! Never wear jeans there! I bring board shorts and other clothes made of microfiber. They are light weight and dry quickly.

Drink lots of water, but not the water out of the drinking fountains and tap! Yuck! I bought some Britta water bottles off ebay. Money well spent! They have their own little filter. We fill them with mostly ice to start with and can even drink out of the drinking fountains with them!

Next, sunscreen!, sunscreen!, sunscreen! Never leave home without it! LOL!

We will be there around Aug. 15th for about a week. Then we are supposed to go to the Keys for about 5 days and then will be coming back to Disney for the remainder of our trip. I am booked at SSR for the first part of our trip and BCV for the last part.

We are going to SSR on 17th August for two weeks with a few days on the Wonder in the middle of our trip.

Have never been in August and are a little worried about the weather.

Susan

The weather is hot, with regular late afternoon thunderstorms, but I think of it as "swim weather" the perfect time to have long days swimming an air conditioned attractions. There is always the risk of hurricanes-but that is true for many months of the year. We were there for Frances and had a plane delay last August for a threat of hurricane, but we had great trips both years. This will be the 4th year in a row for us in August and it is one of our favorite times-a last trip before school starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter