Who will be around your Thanksgiving table this year?

karmic

DIS Veteran
For us it will be DH and I
DS for the 1st time in 5years - fresh out of the Army
DD,DSil and the 2 DGS age 1 and 3
My Mom
I guess that makes 8

This year my brother and his girlfriend were in from Toronto so it was my mom, dad, two brothers and their girlfriends, my sister and her husband and two kids, and me and my husband and daughter. It’s always loud and hectic but I love every chance I get to spend with everyone together.

We are lucky that we all get along so well and the add ons (what I call the spouses/girlfriends) all fit in so well.

15 people here tomorrow.

Down from 23 last year (one brother had surgery and he and his family are staying home and my sister and her husband are going to an NFL game for my niece's birthday and my grandmother died this year)

So it'll be dh, me, and our 4 kids and dil, my mom and her husband, a niece and my brother and his wife and 3 kids.

Us three (me, DH, and DD5), DM, DF, DMIL, DAIN and DUIN (that would be my aunt and uncle in law), DGMIL, and DGMILBF (dear grandmother-in-law's boyfriend....she'll be celebrating her 85th birthday on Thanksgiving, if you're curious.....yes, she IS awesome).

So, that's 10 at the table, plus 2 cats and a new dog. Got the table set up this afternoon!

Thanksgiving proper we go out and there will be 15 or 16 of us (not sure on the guest list, I didn't make the plans).

For the one I cook there will be two of us. Myself and my best friend. We will also be planning our Disney trip even more!

Family at oldest sister's home with a big announcement forthcoming because some sisters are good at guessing from a small amt of clues;).

Who knows. Honey and I and our little doggie are supposed to go to his family in south Ga. I'm guessing if we do it will be his grandmother, two aunts, one uncle, his mom and dad, his brother and his wife and son and us and heaven knows how many cousins. However, we had to take our dog to the doggie emergency hospital today because she was limping, xrays showed arthritis in her knee, water on her knee and possible partially torn ligament. We were told to keep her still this weekend and take her to our vet on Monday to get better xrays under partial anesthesia to see if she needs surgery. If she does,she won't be able to travel so I'll have to stay home with her, oh no please don't throw me in briar patch. If that happens, honey will go down and I imagine my son will come over after work and he and I will have something. Even if she doesn't have to have surgery she will have to be kept calm and quiet for awhile and that won't happen at his families house,they have two dogs that love to chase her. While I hate our poor puppy to be hurting it's good timing as far as I'm concerned because I wasn't looking forward to going. Honey was basically ordered by his father to go down so he has to.

We always use to have 13, but 3 out of 4 parents have died and DS and ddil an grandkids are going to her side so it will just be dh, Dd and DS. I ordered a turkey from ClickList list. I ask for a small one and got 18 pounds plus dh brought a ham home from work. That’s a whole lot of meat for 4 people!

As far as I know, we invited someone but not sure if they are coming. If they do that is fine, other wise just me and DH.

We'll be at M&FIL's. I'm guessing around 15 people - three of us, the two of them, plus assorted siblings/cousins.

Our family Thanksgiving dinner is today at our son’s house so it will be our son and daughter-in-law, oldest granddaughter, grandson and his wife and baby (our first great-grandchild), youngest grandson, our daughter and son-in-law and grandson and granddaughter, two middle granddaughters and probably their boyfriends, DH and me. Sadly it will be our first major holiday gathering without my Mom.

Me % DH
my DS & DIL & @ DGDs
my DS's BIL & SIL
my DS's MIL & FIL
MY DH's oldest DS & his GF & DGD

I never know how many are coming til I do a head count at dinner. It's generally between 20-30 people. It's the nieces and nephews that throw the count off so much. Do they have to work? Will they bring a significant other? I don't even ask anymore. Everyone knows they're welcome. :)

I used to try to fit everyone around the table, but I've given up over the past five or six years. Now we just eat wherever we find a spot. We do try to reserve the dining room table for the older adults who need a proper seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter