• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who uses a screenroom to put around picnic table/chairs?

CLynnJones

DIS Veteran
We are going end of June/July and wondering if we need one or not. We have loads of candles and bug spray. What are your experiences?

FW 6/79
Off-site 5/82
Off-site 5/95
PO 3/98
FW 11/99
FW 6/01
FW 12/01
FW 6/02

When we went last July, we didn't have any problems with mosquitos or anything. We had brought our screened gazebo that I usually bring when we camp...but we didn't even bother putting it up. Didn't need it.

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-9
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

We loved it! I bought a 13 X 13 screen room on e-bay for around 30 bucks, and it was perfect. We had Thanksgiving Dinner on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I fried a Turkey (mmmmmmm!) and we had frozen and vacuum packed all the trimmings. There was 6 adults and 3 kids and the screen room was perfect. I would also cook breakfast in the morning in the screen room (i have a small camping stove) so I would not wake up the krewe.
Certainly worth the money, and not eating in the RV means that the RV doesnt always smell like food! It's like adding 140 square feet to your living space!

mb:-) 'o'
navmick.gif

We always take our screen room.The only time we have not used it was when we took a weekend trip and just did not take the time to put it up.Bugs are not too bad at FW but we always use ours since it gives a little more privacy and it protects our food from birds.We take bug spray since it seems we always get yellow jackets and wasps that come into the screen room.It is also good for those rainy days so you can still eat outside and not get drenched.We do a lot of cooking at our site when we camp at FW so it gets a lot of use. If you are not planning on cooking a lot then use your own judgement on whether it is worth the time to put it up.

Leesburg,GA

Thanks for your replies!! I am going to go look on ebay now. I didn't even think of the rain!! I don't know what I'd do without these boards!

FW 6/79
Off-site 5/82
Off-site 5/95
PO 3/98
FW 11/99
FW 6/01
FW 12/01
FW 6/02

we used our screen room both times we were tent camping at FW also. protected from bugs and birds as well as providing some shade.

We wouldn't dream of camping at FW without our screen tent! We set it up over our picnic table and we keep our coolers, dishes, cooking utensils, etc. in there. It keeps out the bugs as well as the rain! It makes things much easier. We tried it without it one time, and we were sorry! :eek:

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter