Who Says a Platypus Doesn't Do Much?

So we headed out of Crystal Palace, grabbed the wheel chair, and headed towards Adventureland!

We headed straight over to Pirates of the Caribbean...

Then Perry decided to play on the way in...

And he had to play with Pirate Goofy's set too...

And when we could pull him away from the cannon we headed to the line.

Tortuga Tavern was just across the way...

And then as always and as Disney expects we got stuck by the dump shop...

Why is Jack Skellington in the pirat store?

The ride was a walk on and we were on a boat in no time. I wanted to be able to play with my camera in there and see if I could get any good pics but no one else wanted to wait so I didn't!

The ride was great as usual...it is one of our collective favorites...made better by no line!

After we finally pulled Perry away from the Pirates where do you think we went?

Here, let me give you a hint...

Yep! We went to see those fabulous Tiki Birds. Tyler has a Disney CD when he was little and he used to listen to it ALL THE TIME and the song form the Tiki Room was his favorite...so the kids know the whole thing so are glad that it is back to much of it's original splendor.

We loved the show...yes, it is a little cheesey but lucky for us, we like cheese! See this is what I love about my family. It isn't all about the thrill or the super excitement. The kids have friends who would go into the Tiki room and come out saying how dumb and borimg it was. Mot my kids!!! They love the thrilling and exciting all the way to the details painted on a wall...and I believe Disney has helped them become that way! My kids generally do not say the word "boring" because excitement is what you make it!

So anyway, as much as we liked Iago and Zazu, we are very happy to have the Tiki Room back to what it was supposed ot be!

So out of the Tiki Room we danced and got caught up in the relatively short line for the Magic Carpets...the line for these does not get as long as Dumbo but we have seen it pretty long but today, right now, not so much...

I love the view from up there...while trying not to get spit on...becasue that is, of course, that the kids are trying for! It is nice to see a different view
from up high.

After flying over Agrabah we took the cut through to Liberty Square.

The kids played there trying not to get spit on for a few minutes and then we moved on.

Skye loves that shoppe right there across from the bathrooms. It is mostly adult things but she has found herself a couple of things on a clearance rack that are really adult extra small shirts that she can use. One is an off the sholder summer "dress" ($5) and one is a pink tank with a soft black pirate skull on it ($3) that she uses as pajamas. So she always likes to stop in there to see if there is anything she likes. There was not anything thids time so we moved on.

It still was not very crowded. At this point in our trip, I was actually very surprised at the lack of crowds a lot of the time. I mean, people were there. Obviously at some points we really encountered crowds but a lot of the time I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of people. Maybe it was because I was so ready for it to be horrible crowd-wise but it all worked out for us.

We enjoyed our walk and ended up.....

...here!

We all love this ride and will ride as much as we can. We enjoy the new extras in the line to and th eoption to visit thrm or not. This time through there was a cast member in there actually explaining what the different things were or what you could do with them interactively. So it was a bit more fun.

There was no line at all...walked right into the stretching room. As much as Skye likes this ride, she always wants someone to hold her hand in the stretching room. She says it's becasue people are crazy when they leave and head out to their doom buggies and she does not want to get lost or trampled...I don't know...smartly practical or just an excuse??? :rotfl:

After getting outa there alive, we headed back to Frontierland and our trip on the wildest ride in the west...

See how empty it is around there...that NEVER happens to us even in slow months!!!

It was a great ride again and we had the kids all ready for Splash but it was dry!!! I'm telling you, we had really bad timing becasue everytime we were near it, it was dry! I know it was running while we were there...just not when we were there!!!

So we walked back through Frontierland to the short cut again.

And then up through Adventureland again.

We continued on our travels...

...the top of Crystal Palace...

...you can never have enough pictures of the castle, can you???

And on to Main Street U.S.A.

I was very pleased this time that there were no constructin screens around. Last time we were in the world, there were a ton!

It was nice being able to just smap pictures while we were moving since I was sitting in the wheel chair all this time. But I really woudl rather not have needed to use it.

So we took the wheel chair back to the rental place and headed out of the park. Our destination was the monorail for a ride to Epcot. We really got a lot done this morning. It was about noon when we left.

When we got the the monorail platform there was a train waiting for us to board...always a good thing...and it was H-O-T!!!

Leaving the castle...

...and approaching the "ball"!

I love the monorail ride this way. I love being given a quick mini-tour of Epcot...kind of a sneek peek, if you will!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I am almost as "in love" with "the ball" as "the castle" so I believe you can never have enough pictures of it either!

We stopped to get a wheel chair and Skye needed a pony becasue her's had broken and it was WAY TOO HOT for no pony...so at 12:32pm we were getting the chair and spent $13.74 on ponies...becasue she couldn't make up her mind and you can never have too maky Mickey ponies!!!!

We headed in, taking our time. Plus apparently there are a lot of little hills in Epcot that you never notice unless you are pushing your wife in a wheel chair!

We stopped at Fountainview for a mango smoothie, a strawberry smoothie, and a Monster...for some reason Lou paid cash for these???

I am not sure where that was? Anyone? I assume near Fountainview...maybe on the outside of the Character Spot??? It was cute though!

We had sent Tyler for fast passes while we stopped but I don't remember what for. I want to say Soarin' but I am not sure I would have wasted the time as I probably would have been under the impression we would not get any...so I am thinking it was Test Track. He met us under the shaded walkway next to Fountainview.

We did not have tome to take an easy stroll and do anything in Future World so we opted for the nice, slow stroll and headed towards World Showcase.

On the way, on the bridge to be exact, we stopped to sign up for a Kim Possible mission.

Perry must have been doing some talking because I hear they will soon be re-naming it to have something to do with Agent P (Perry for those non-Phineas and Ferb folks!).

We met a boat at the dock right inside World Showcase. I was not thrilled with having to park the chair in the back but it was really crowded so I just sat in it while everyone else sat on a bench.

When we got off the boat in Morocco we had a short walk over to Japan. We were running a little early and it was hot so we took our time getting there.

We had a 2pm lunch ADR at Teppan Edo so we just headed in that general direction.

We headed in to watch some pearl picking and to look around at one of our favorite stores in all of The World. We proabbaly spend the most money in here usually. Between great inscense, candy, dragons, elephants, and chickens...they have it all!

Then we headed back outside to look around some more.

Perry liked the Bonsai...

It was finally getting close to our ADR time and since we had never even been upstairs before, we decided to head up.

We checked in at ...

...about 20 minutes before our ADR and were told to have a seat and that it should not be too long.

...here!

There was no line at all...walked right into the stretching room. As much as Skye likes this ride, she always wants someone to hold her hand in the stretching room. She says it's becasue people are crazy when they leave and head out to their doom buggies and she does not want to get lost or trampled...I don't know...smartly practical or just an excuse??? :rotfl:

That Skye...she is a smart one! HAHA I can totally see where she's coming from..whether or not she's making an excuse! :rotfl:

I LOVE that store in Japan too! Its amazing!

So just to re-cap...

We check into our 2pm ADR at...

...at about 1:40pm and are asked ot have a seat and it should not be long...

Anf she was right! In no time, we were being shown to our seats. Now I was a little worried about this seating. No one else would have a problem but I get a little shy around strangers...and we're in a new place...so, well, I was concerned.

So we are shown to our seat by what I assume is our waitress, Mari.

We are seated with a mom, dad, and two little girls who were not on the dining plan.

Mari asked if anyone needed her to "fix" their chop sticks...

We all had her do it.

VERY HOT...NO TOUCH, PERRY!

Mari took our orders. Food here is not all brought out, or even done, at the same time so we received Lou and Skyler's Assorted Tempura (shrimp, chicken breast and seasonal vegetables served with Japanese tempura dipping sauce) pretty quick. Skye got to have an adult appetizer because there are no kid's appetizers on the menu.

All the Tempura was really good and fresh tasting...it was not too greasy or heavy nor did it feel like it had been sitting in back waiting for someone to order it. We all had a little of each and liked it!

Then our chef came out. I do not remember his name...he was funny.

Here he is putting on Tyler's Wafu Ribs (sake,soy and ginger braised pork ribs) and my Gyo no Negi-maki (beef wrapped green onions served with Hickory Smoked Sea Salt).

And then he poured out all the sauces for everyone...

I do not remember what the sauces were...I know I am a bad DISer!

Tyler's ribs were done first...

I was not sure if he was going to eat them or not. You know that thing about different stuff he has??? Well, there have different kinds of seasoning on them so I just wasn't sure....but I figured if not, Lou would. What was the verdict? He licked them clean! And almost bit Lou's hand off when he went to get one! I did not want to risk my hand so I did not taste them but it was decided that next time, they will both be getting the ribs!

All of the onions, mushrooms, and zucchini were put onthe grill while my appetizer was still cooking.

And then mine was done...

Now, let me tell you, nothing else on the appetizer menu was jumping out at me as something I could at least be somewhat familiar with (like ribs or tempura) and i did not want to get more of what the others had gotten. You know, wanting to try as many different things as we could. So I ordered these. It sounded a little weird ot wrap green onions with beef but ah, what the heck! And let me also tell you, theyt were fabulous!!! I would have loved a bigger order of them as my entree! They were that good! And I might have almost bit Lou's hand off trying to get a taste too...well, it's not my fault he went with the "safe" tempura!

Meanwhile, our onion volcano was beginning to form...it was fun watching him decide which rings to put where...

And then it was all chopped up and moved to the side to comtinue cooking while the meats were placed on the grill.

Skye had ordered the Kid's Tori (chicken breast), Lou had ordered the Kajiki Maguro (swordfish steak), Tyler had the Filet Mignon, and I had the Asakusa (sirloin steak and large shrimp).

And this...

...we were told was Nemo. He made him "swim" around the grill for a minute or so saying how nice he was and sweet and then wacked him with the knoes and said "No more Nemo!"...and the kids cracked up! It really was funny!

Here's the kids watching...

So we continue on with our meal...

The noodles are added to the veggies...with sesame seeds...which is where my kids now know they need to change the way things are cooked for next time. We are not big seed fand...at least not on our food. And they would have been ok withthe veggies mixed in there and picking the noodles out around them (you know, cannot be too healthy!) but the seeds were not able to be picked out. I cannot say as I bleme them, because I think I would want them left off of mne next time too but we did not know enough to ask this time. But, beyond the seeds, the noodles and veggies were really good and full of flavor without having been doused in a sauce. That was our next course. The noodle/veggie mixture was dished out to everyone at the table.

We were also all given a bowl of white sticky rice.

And that, my friends, is right up my kids alley!!! :rotfl:

So, Skye's chicken was done first...and more seeds...but on the meat they were easier to scrape off. The chicken was a little dry for me but she made a good dent in it. It was just added to her noodle plate.

My shrimp was next...

Ooohhh, it was good too! I did share this time though because i am that nice...and I was filling up!

And then my steak was put on the plate and it was great...and not too over done like the chicken.

Lou's Swordfish was next...

And it was really good! But he wished he had gotten a beef dish, possibly with shrimp! But the swordfish had great flavor and was done perfectly...not too tough.

And then Tyler's.

While both of the steaks were really good, Tyler's was better. Which I guess we should have assumed. But, the combo does not come with filet mignon so if I wanted shrimp I had ot get the other one...but maybe next time one of us will get the filet and one of us can get the shrimp and we can share...hey, that solves our problem doesn't it!?!?! So Tyler ate all of his...except for what Lou and I got to taste and what Skye stole from him after deciding his was better than mine.

After we were all served, the chef cleaned up and left us to finish our meal. The table across from us also finished up so here's a picture of a table waiting for diners...

So we finished our wonderful meal and headed into dessert. This is where I think Teppan Edo is a let down. I am not a Japaneese dessert expert but there has to be more options out there.

I ordered the Green Tea Pudding. It was good. But it reminded me of Flan and I am not too fond of flan. The flavor was good though.

Lou had the Chocolate Ginger Cake. The kids and I have had this before at the counter services place but this one was much better. It had a much more mild ginger flavor...ginger can really over power something if there is too much.

Lou and I got candles for our anniversary!

Skye ordered the fruit cup and the look on her face was of B-I-G disappointment!

Really?!?!?! Everything else was so well put together! I mean, she loves those things at home but we all had such a great meal and now her dessert is a pre-packaged bowl of peaches??? REALLY?!?!?!?!

And Tyler, my adventurous, dessert loving son, ordered...

...vanilla soft served ice cream. Yep...very Japaneese! But there really is not much els on the dessert menu...He shared with Skye.

Over all we LOVED Teppan Edo...and I would venture a guess more than a lot of other places we have been to. I needn't have worried about the seating because the table is large enough that if you don't want to associate with strangers, you don't have to. They pretty much kept to themselves and so did we. The prices are a it steep but we really did get a lot of food!

Our total bill was $161.46 and Lou and my dessert were not charged...not that it woudl have mattered as we already paid for it. Our receipt says we left at 3:06pm. So even though we had a nice meal, and we had a lot of entertainment, it was not a long meal at all. It was pretty much perfect, well except for Skye's dessert!

I think it is safe to say we will be back to Teppan Edo in the future...we loved it!

So we all stopped in the very pretty bathrooms before we left and headed out. The restaurant is really very pretty.

We headed out of Japan towards America! We stopped to hear the Voices of Liberty inside the building but we did not stay for the show. The kids and I did that last time.

Looking across from America to China...

Heading around to Italy...

And then Germany...

And we stopped into Karamell-Küche and checked out the offerings and watched some apples being made.

We did not buy anything now though becasue we were still full and it was way too hot to carry around fresh caramel or chocolate for very long!

We continued on our way around the World Showcase.

We arrived at the Outpost....

...and had to look around. Tyler loves the carver there. He always has a ton of elephants...much to costly for his budget but he loves to look! It's really neat if you have the time and catch him carving...really cool to watch a piece of wood take shape!

A look towards the Swan on our way around...

You can almost see the humidity in that picture, can't you! It was hot!

We arrived in Norway soon after and while we were walking past Perry had to snap a pic...

We opted to skip Norway fornow because we were on a mission...

We walked past Mexico on our way too...

And Skye will forever tell the story a bout on our last trip when she followed Tyler while he went off to pick up a ring in Mexico and HE lost HER...the problem with her telling of it is that she forgets to mention that he did not know she was following him. Luckily, she knows The World well and she is not a panicker (because she thinks she is a big person!) so while we were all freaking out, she just came walking back when she realized HE had lost HER...and she was MAD!!!! After the fact, the whole thing is very funny (especially her reaction!) but at the time, not at all!

This sure does seem like we did a lot of walking (well they did, I was mostly in the chair. I honestly do not remember what we were doing because we skipped China and walked past Norway and Mexico only to turn around and head back to China...must have been a reason for it at the time but for the life of me, I cannot tell you what it is! We did not go into Norway or Mexico now...maybe, and this is sounding right but I would not bet my lfe on it, the lones were longer than we wanted to wait for Maelstrom and the Gran Fiesta Tour so maybe we decided to come back later???

Wait, wait, wait, hold the phone! I figured out what all that walking was...

We did not skip right past Norway and that picture...

...this one...

Is as far towards Mexico as we got. Because...we stopped between Norway and Mexico to pick up our Kimmunicator!!!!

We had to sit down on a bench and see where our missino began...well, they did, I was already sitting. Lou had never doen this before and the last time we did it the kids kept fighting over who got to hold the Kimmunicator. So this time we already laid out that Tyler got one clue until it is found and hten Skyler got a turn until her clue was found. It worked out well.

Did I mention it was really hot out??? Just checking!

And that, the picking up of the Kimmunicator is why we then walked back to China...our mission was in China!

So we continure our mission in China...wel love China too! That store is almost as fun as Japan, but no candy!

And the whole area is so pretty!

Tyler found a frog...

And we saved the world from Dr. Draken, or Shego, or Monkeyfist, or whoever it was this time and deposited our Kimmunicator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter