Who Says a Platypus Doesn't Do Much?

Right about this time someone in front of us called my name. I had completely forgotten that I knew someone who was going to be here today! It was justakrazymom!!! She had recognized Skyler from my pre-trip report!!!
It was nice to meet her in person...pictures are one thing but it is a whole different thing to meet someone you've only met online. After that I had a lot of explaining how I knew who she was. And Tyler wanted to know if her son, who he knew was a boy right away, gets called a princess all the time...because Tyler does, and it drives him crazy!!!

Thats was MEEEEE.. it was awesome to turn around and see you guys!! I was like.. i KNOW them.LMAO. And yes.. my Declan was called a princess for 11 days!! Even once he started wearing a ball cap.. but as the waitress at Tony's said "tis better to be a pretty princess than an ugly prince"..LMAO

That said..Declan no longer has long hair :(.. he cut it all off a few weeks ago!

Thats was MEEEEE.. it was awesome to turn around and see you guys!! I was like.. i KNOW them.LMAO. And yes.. my Declan was called a princess for 11 days!! Even once he started wearing a ball cap.. but as the waitress at Tony's said "tis better to be a pretty princess than an ugly prince"..LMAO

That said..Declan no longer has long hair :(.. he cut it all off a few weeks ago!

Ty is called a girl all the time. He cut his hair also but not super short but it is a lot shorter than it was...I think if he knew he could get a cut like your older son's and not have to do a lot of work to get it to look cool, he'd go for it but he's afraid to not like it.

Ty is called a girl all the time. He cut his hair also but not super short but it is a lot shorter than it was...I think if he knew he could get a cut like your older son's and not have to do a lot of work to get it to look cool, he'd go for it but he's afraid to not like it.

My oldest has gorgeous hair..thick, wavy, perfect.. he's had LONG and short, mohawk and more.. nothing looks bad on him. Poor Declan has very fine very straight hair.. he actually needs it cut a little more cus the short but shaggy look doesn't fly with his thin hair..lol

So after our great meal, we headed out. Perry needed his picture taken here...

...and here...

...and I guess we need one of all the guys...

...before heading back to...

...yep...Star Tours...AGAIN!!!

Perry is anxious to get in his ship!

And after our great ride ... AGAIN ...Perry did a little playing in Tatooine Traders...

The guy taking these pictures was more than game to play arond with Perry and he and Lou had a great time putting him is shots. But when I snapped this picture, the guy behind the counter yelled at me. I get that they are trying to sell pictures but really??? You really tought I'd pay for a picture of a toy??? Whatever!

So we moved on and Perry found something else to play with...

He kinda looks like Indiana Jones and the Jedi here doesn't he?

Then all the kids played on this...

I said "this" becasue I am sure it has a name and I dont' know what it is and I don't want to look too stupid after being in StarWars land thirty million times this trip so far!

We had actually ridden Star Tours twice...and now it was getting close to time to head up towards our night time entertainment.

So we meandered towards our destination.

And stopped near the hat becasue Tyler was looking for something he wanted to buy.

I loved this little set up but it was really hard to get a good picture of it all...

And we headed around the corner here...

...and that is where Tyler found a cart selling what he was looking for. We stopped in at Villans in Vogue! This is one of our favorite stores. But close to Fantasmic! time it is always so crowded at the counter.

We did some shopping and Vinylmation trading and Perry had a close call with a snake...

...before we headed on our way towards...

No, we were not going there! Remember??? None of us are a fan! Love to look at it from the outside but otherwise, no thank you! But we had to head that way to get into the theatre for Fantasmic! So we did!

So we walked right into the theatre and grabbed a seat. It was not as crowded as I thought it would be.

That's what Tyler had been searching for.

We sat and waited for the show to begin.

We love, love, love Fantasmic! A trip is not complete without it at least once. I don't understand people who say they don't like it...what's not to like???

And our favorite Mickey saved the day and we headed out into the cattle call. We tried to wait it out as long as we could but they frown on that. So we headed out towards the end of the cattle call and the crowd was not too bad by that time. We walked up towards the exit and stopped at the bathroom by the photo place. Then we sat on a bench for a little while and just watched people leaving. We figured it wasn't going to get any more difficult to get on a bus than it would be right now so we just waited. Oh, and Lou ran to get the photopass pictures from Skye's Phineas and Ferb experience put on our photopass card becasue at the time we did not know they were doing it. We caught it after the fact and the photographer had gone already. So the cast member working the line told us as long as we knew the time of day and what the pictures were of, they would be able to find them and put them on our card. And so it was! The most difficult part was waiting in line...that store is always crazy!

While we were waiting for Lou, Skyler finally convinced Tyler to let her try on his hair...

But just for a second. She had not found anything flashy to buy so she was a little down.

We headed out to the bus stop and it actually was not a bad wait for a Caribbean Beach bus to come. And since Caribbean Beach is literally right next to Disney's Hollywood Studios, the ride is short.

We headed back to our room and we were all pretty quick to crash!

So I was going to add more but I believe I am missing pictures from the next morning...the next batch i have starts around noon the next day and I cannot homestly believe we did not take ANY pictures from wake up till noon...just does not sound like me...so I need to do some camera maintenance and delete the pics I know I have already which will hopefully lead me to the missing time frame. I did have some issues when trying to put pics on discs and ended up with one or two that had nothing on them...so maybe, hopefully, that is my answer!!!

I plan to get some work done over the weekend!!!

I'm still working on it, I've just had a ton going on around here!

Bad news is Skye's dance trip to Disneyland was cancelled for lack of participation...

Good news is that that means I can plan a Disneyworld trip sooner than expected!!!!

So while I am very disappointed for her that she is missing out on such an awesome opportunity (believe me they don't come easily around here!) I am much more excited about a World trip on the horizon than I was about a Land trip...I'm thinking Christmastime for as long as I can swing it...checking into December 22 thru January 6 as I believe that is the time the kids are out of school for winter break...and as long as we are talking going at the most crowded time and the most expensive time, I may as well put us in a position to relax and not let the crowds bother us too much so the longer the trip the most we can let a half day as a park roll off our backs and venture out to other things or just to the hotel to relax or whatever. Of course since we would be going at that time, we will most likely be doing it without a dining plan becasue they most likely will not offer any free dining so it will be interesting blending our new found love (well new in the last 4 or 5 years) of Disney Dining with our old way of touring that did not consist of much more than counter service dining to get an affordable trip. So whatcha think? Any Christmastime suggestions? Any help to offer?

But I have been trying to get back to our regularly scheduled program so hopefully in the next few days i will...hang in there with me please!!!

I know, I know...I promised...and I left you hanging...

I have been so crazy at home but it is dying down...I swear! Tyler will be down to just baseball after this week, Skye will be down to just gymnastics after the 20th for a little while...our main move is just about done and we just will have a lot of cleaning up at the old house to do, and school is out in 38 days!!!

And I now have a new reason to finish this trip/dining report...I am planning a big, long, relaxing Christmas Vacation Trip to se THE MOUSE!!!! Look below...I have a new ticker! I have not started much planning on that trip and the dates may shorten on the front or back or both but I am hoping to keep it as it is and will, of course, start a pre-trip report as things get rolling...so now I have more motivation...so I should be getting back on track soon!

Don't leave me!!!!

So amid my vastly busy life lately, GUESS WHAT I DID???

Yep...I got those pictures off the camera and onto a disc and as we speak, well, as I type, the next morning is uploading to photobucket...so we shoudl be back in business soon!

Ok...so...just to get us all caught up...

It's August 21, 2012...are you with me???

Well, we had an early morning ADR today so we were up and at 'em. But I woke with swollen ankles and it was very painful to walk. I don't know what the problem was but I was not going anywhere walking. so we all got ready to go and we hobbled, I mean walked to the bus stop slowly via food court to fill up our mugs. We caught the bus outside of El Centro...it was there quickly. When we arrived at The Magic Kingdom...

...we were let right up to the wheel chair rental place. I did not want to do it. I did not want them to have to push me in a chair all day. But there was no other way and I was not wasting a day of my hard earned vacation in the room in bed. So we stopped for a chair ($12.00). Lou was not happy about it...but it wasn't Lou's legs that weren't working correctly! And at first the kids thought it would be fun pushing me. And Skye thought she could cop a ride. Now, I could still walk and in fact did at times. And that sometimes put me in an odd situation becuase I did not want to get special treatment because I was using the chair. I did not want front of the line access and we did not use it for that. But the cast members did not seem to like that very much. When they would see us parking it in the stroller section they would call us over or come to get us so I had to explain it to them...they still did not seem to like it much but I did not want to be taking advantage of something I did not need to. We only used it once and we're not there yet so we'll get to that when we get there.

So anyway...we headed up Main Street...

...to our 8:05am breakfast with Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace. We got there almost right on time and Lou though it would take forever to be seated with all the people all over the place. I sent Tyler to check in while we parked the wheel chair and covered all our things wiht a poncho.

and it was only a matter of about 5 minutes until we were called and were one of the first groups called in to be seated.

So we are led to our table on the left side of the restaurant (which is my favorite side for some reason but I could not tell you why???) and we are seated near where the kids and I were last time but against the round planter thingy...the kids love a booth seat so even though they like the kids on the outside, they sat on the inside. This was waiting for us when we arrived...

And before we could breathe, Piglet was here!

So unlike last time, Skye did not have to hid her bacon!

We placed our drink orders.

Perry had coffee...

And before we could head up to the buffet, Tigger was there!

So after T-I-double G-ER left we headed up for food!!!

Oh, and I stand corrected...we were sitting along the wall in the same section not arount the round planter thingy...ok, continue...

Here's my first plate...

Breakfast potato wedge, breakfast pizza, crossaint, jelly, a pooh ear, fresh whipped cream and strawberries, looks like something green in there but I cannot tell what it is and cheesy potato casserole...did i mention that this just might be my favorite breakfast at Disney World? well, it might!

Skye's first plate...

Pooh's ear, breakfast potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs and a sausage to try...I think she gave it to Lou later!

Lou's carb filled plate...

Cinnamon roll, Mickey Waffle, crossaint, bacon and scrambled eggs. Ok, so there was a little protein in there.

Tyler' plate...

Cinnamon Roll, scrambled eggs, bacon, Mickey Waffle, hard boiled egg, and lightly toasted toast.

Lou likes his eggs well done so he thought they were too soft...but other than that...we're were good!

I went back up for a cinnamon roll and oatmeal with brown sugar...i love Disney oatmeal!

The kids took turns finding who was coming next so they could find the right page in their book.

Pooh was next and he loved his page in the book!

Now, Pooh is one of those characters Skye associates with being a baby so at home, she generally wants nothing to do with him. But in The World, it's a different story...

The waiter brought us out an anniversary treat...

So we ate our anniversary cupcakes...

...and grazed over our plates some more while waiting to complete our tour of the 100 acre wood.

And then he came...the elusive Eeyore!!!

And Piglet made it around again!!!

And really took a liking to Tyler...

At that point we were ready to be on our way.

It was, once again, a great breakfast experience. And we got out into the park just as it was opening again...so Eeyore was a bit quicker around today!

I don't have this receipt so I cannot give you exact times or cost but if I find it I will edit...

All in all, if we could only do one character meal, even though Pooh is not the favorite in our house...the food, the early entry into the Magic Kingdom that an early ADR affords you, and the abundance of cute characters would probably have us choosing this venue over other popular ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter