Who likes to split up stay at 2 resorts?

I split my August trip between SSR & BCV. Both were great.

My big complaint was I felt we lost a day with the room change. Checked out of SSR at 11am, but could not get into BCV until around 4:30pm.

I tossed the kiddies in SAB...but my mom was with us and she is in her 70's and had to stay in the lobby to avoid the heat. So, I don't think I would ever book a trip again where I changed resorts.:sunny:

We've split our stay a few times, usually out of necessity, sometimes, just to tryout a new resort.

Once, we simply didn't want to leave, so we paid cash for a a few more nights. Another time, we had to use up some 'disney collection' points we got stuck with, so we stayed a few nights at YC, before transfering VWL... Still another time, we stayed a couple of nights at AKL (cash) the year it opened, just to try it out. Fabulous resort.

Next year we've got tentative plans for a 5night stay at BCV, followed by 3 nights at HHI... gee... I just realized I'm at my 7month window! I better get this firmed up!

We never split stays until we bought at BCV and now we always do. Just not willing to pay those weekend points plus after so many stays at the Polynesian it is like home to us. My favorite way to split is 4 or 5 days at the Polynesian followed by 4 or 5 at BCV checking in on Sunday. One of these trips we will try OKW (actually stayed there 2 nights but it was just DS2 and me).

If our children were still small, I don't know that we would split though.

We occaisonally split to see different resorts... Last year we tried PopC, CBR, or a cabin at FW... The year before that, splitting allowed us to spend a night at AKL with a Savannah view.... We almost always split to go to either VB or HHI...

While sometimes it can be a bit of a pain, we don't mind it too much...

Normally what we do is use the "moving" day for some other activity other than a park... Sometimes we'll go to DD for some shopping, othertimes, moving day is a swim day at the new resort... We check into the the new resort early, and get our keys... I then get the phone number for mousekeeping, and then call it every 2 hours or so from my cellphone to see if the room is ready yet... This way we are not constantly checking with the front desk, and the fun is not interrupted for the rest of the family. :earboy2:

Another motivation for splitting nights with the Disney Collection is that eventually those point charts will go up with inflation, and it will be too expensive to stay there. Might as well go now and enjoy it while we can...

This might not be what you mean, but we enjoy splitting our trip between Vero Beach and Beach Club Villa resorts. It is a wonderfu mix of parks and action with restful beach vacation. We usually take additional family with us to WDW llike grandparents, and then have the beach time just for us and the kids. Works out wonderfully.

We split. In January, we'll be at VWL before moving to VB. Usually, it's OKW before VB though. We're really getting excited about this trip! Woo-hoo!

We did it in October BCV & SSR. It was a pain in a way that Housekeeping was knocking on the door before 9 a.m. wondering when we were leaving. I enjoyed staying at both resorts. It gave us a day to regroup as it rained the day we changed in the morning so that made us hang out at SSR and the Kids really enjoyed the pool and game room so it was a nice relaxing day but a hassle to wait for the room. I don't know if I would do it again as there were 6 of us to worry about.

Count us in as stay put vacationers. Once we get there and unpack, we don't want to move. We just try different resorts each stay. But we do pay cash for at least one weekend night to maximize our points.

We spilt our first DVC trip in June between OKW and BCV. It wasn't much trouble moving mid trip (9 days total) but my dad had his van there. If you're renting a car, it probably wouldn't be much trouble for your either. I think I read that you can sometimes get the resort to provide a hospitality ride to the other resort, but am not sure. Until you find which DVC resort you like the best, our family has decided we want to stay at all of them at least once. Right now, our favorite is OKW, but we've stayed at only two resorts thus far!

Have fun either way - you're at Disney after all!
:earsgirl:

We love to split our stay! It's a great way to maximize ppoints and make it seem like we are having 2 vacations!

Usually what we do is arive on a Friday or Saturday, pay cash for the weekend for an on-property hotel which we have hopefully gotten a good rate for using some discount code or another, and then move to the DVC property for Monday through Friday.

Bonus-if you are doing a 1BR or larger unit, you have the washer/dryer thing, which allows you to pack less!

We split our stay between BWV and OKW last Feb. and really enjoyed it. We did BWV for a week and then moved to OKW for the weekend. We liked the relaxed feel of OKW to end our stay.

This time we are staying at AKL first (not on points) and then moving to BWV for the week. We're looking forward to it! :)

We've split many times -- actually it has become the norm since we bought into the Vacation Club. It is not our favorite thing to do though -- fine the the wife and I but tough packing up our 4 kids. It's been fun though and has allowed us to visit -- a little embarrased to say -- just about every hotel on property.

We're doing the same next trip -- arriving on a Saturday night and stay in two rooms at Pop Century for one night. Sunday thru Wednesday we will be at the Beach Club Villas (first time here) then head to Vero Beach through Saturday (also the first time here). Others have already mentioned it already but I'll say too that the best thing we came up with was the plan to have overnight or "in-transit" luggage. This way you don't need to unpack as soon as you get there -- you can have that days stuff handy. One other negative -- and we had this this summer moving from a 2 bedroom to a Grand Villa mid week -- groceries. That was a pain moving those to the HHI front desk refrig. since the room wasn't ready yet.

Don't sweat it -- it will be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!