Who likes to split up stay at 2 resorts?

axavilez

Earning My Ears
I am new to DVC and a proud new owner at BWV. I just reserved a 5 night stay for MLK weekend at BWV, my new home, and VWL. I wanted to stay at my new home during my first trip as a DVC member, but was also intrigued with VWL and decided to stay at both. How many people like to break up their stay at 2 or more resorts?

It seems that more frequent housekeeping (at no extra charge) is an added benefit of staying at multiple resorts. Plus, there is the change of scenery and excitement associated with staying someplace different.

We enjoy splitting our stay between 2 or sometimes 3 or rarely 4 resorts! We stay at a hotel in Lake Mary on our way in. Then we usually stay at USF for 2 nights then we go to VWL for 5 nights.

We do not mind in the least packing up and moving. We have 'annex' bags for the real short stays that are all ready to go and the really big bags for the extended stays. We really enjoy the change of scenery. We have not done it at the DVC resorts mainly because we can't seem to tear ourselves away from VWL. But there will come a day that we don't book in time and must switch. And that will be ok too!

I've found I enjoy splitting my stay at 2 resorts. I especially like to spend one night at a "new" resort (when we joined DVC, they were all new to us), then the rest of the time at someplace I know I like. Then, if I really liked the one I stayed at for one night, it becomes the "long stay" resort for another trip. So far, I've liked every resort I've tried out for one night.

I too like splitting stays but not for shorter trips. Our way of doing split stays is usually doing one resort on points during the week and then cash at another resort (frequently not a DVC resort) for the weekend.

We're still new at this, but in all our years of vacationing, we do NOT like to split up our trips. We really like the feeling of settling into a place for the duration. Note: I'm willing to bet that, if we were staying somewhere for 10 -14 days, we'd consider splitting the stay over 2 resorts.

I usually split my stay up between 2 resorts, although I don't like moving! I'm usually too cheap to pay for DVC weekends, so I stay at other WDW resorts. I'll be staying at AKL (because we love it) and BWV on our next trip :).

I was willing to try splitting our stay last August - we went for 12 nights (two nights POR and 10 nights OKW). I really wanted to try BCV since we have not tried this resort since I bought. My family did not want to move. Normally, I would not want to move especially when kids are involved. More people, more work - packing clothes, food, souvenours, etc. I would split my stay if we were staying a minimum of three/four nights in each resort. Also depends, # of children and are they willing to move or you packing for them?

We have only split our stay once. 2 nights @ AKL (Concierge, so we could do the sunrise safari) followed by 6 nights @ OKW. While Disney definitely makes it "easy" to move, we probably wouldn't do it again unless it involved something special (like the sunrise safari) or a stay of two weeks or more.

DH & I pack very light - only one carry-on & one 24" bag each, but the packing/unpacking, checking in/out is just too much hassle (for us - YMMV)

- Sharon

Put me down as another "nester", I like to dig in and unpack as soon as I arrive. The thought of repacking and moving halfway through a trip doesn't appeal to me at all.

However, I agree with the idea of wanting to check out other DVC resorts. So next trip this January I plan to tour all of the other WDW DVC resorts to see if one appeals to me enough to book a trip at some point.

:earsgirl: :wave: :smooth:

We split -- we do a "sampling" at a new resort and then "run home" to BWV. I'm just tooo curious to stay at only once DVC resort. I'm not sure what we will do when we've hit them all... my wife puts up with the move (and almost always likes BWV better than the "sampler").

Interesting question :)

We always split our stay and stay at a mod for a few days before vacation. It gives us the opportunity to experience more of Disney!

We are big stay splitters!! Love it. Like two vacations in one. We love having part of the vacation that gives us direct access to the MK, and part that gives us direct access to Epcot/MGM. Last few trips it's been BCV/VWL. Moving is no big deal.

I enjoy staying at more then one resort per trip. I really enjoy the hassle of re-packing and then waiting for the next room to be ready and then unpacking.

But then, I also like going to the dentist. :teeth:

We just returned on 11/5 from a split stay at the Contemporary and BCV. It was like 2 separate vactions and there are some great benefits to that. One downside to checking into DVC villas is you will most likely wait till 4pm, and the switch over day can be hectic (not a real big deal however). In talking our family has decided to stay at one resort in the future for the entire stay so we can settle in and not lose part of a day. With that being said if it works out in the future that a split stay makes the most sense we will still do it!! Bottom line is you are in WDW and it is hard to beat that anyway you slice it!

We go for 2 weeks and we used to stay in one resort. Last year we split our stay between HIFS and WL and moving wasn't that bad. As others mentioned, it was like 2 separate vacations.
Now that we have joined DVC, we plan on 2 moves. Sun-Thurs at OKW (our home resort); Fri and Sat at a moderate; and then Sun - Thurs at a different DVC resort. This summer we are hoping to try BCV.
I honestly believe that having a washer/dryer in the room will make the moves even easier. Since we are on vacation, I volunteer to do the laundry for my wife but we always packed a lot of clothes because we weren't sure when I would be able to block off enough time. And finding an available machine (especially at HIFS) was always a feat in itself. I spent several nights doing laundry until the wee hours of the morning. Now that we have them in the room I can do a load everyday if need be so we can pack a lot less stuff.
Plus we drive so I will have my minivan to store the extra things we won't need for our weekend stay.

oh I love to stay at different places - this time I am staying at 2 off site resorts -plus Pop (PC), OKW and VWL.....okay these are short trips for one night only - during things at MK that makes it easier to stay on-site.

i do waste money - because the offsite resorts are week stays - so I end up staying at both offsite and onsite resorts at the same time.

although it does solve the problem of losing your room for that afternoon.

Now if I didn't own DVC - I would never attempt this.

OKW would be costing me more than the offsite stays by itself for one night - I love my DVC!!!!

axavilez - Congratulations and welcome to our little community on the DIS!

We have done the three, four or more property holidays on touring/driving vacations. But now try to minimize the moving around.

We do split stays but only in 4 night minimum increments and never more than two resorts per trip. We just don't like moving around that much. A normal stay is one week at one resort.

Our split WDW stays may be all DVC or DVC with another WDW resort, such as AKL. It may or may not be on points as we have mixed cash and point stays as well.

I like the idea of switching and being able to check out different resorts.

However, I find it to be way too much of a hassle. We had to change rooms twice on our last trip (thanks hurricane Jeanne) and even though we stayed at BWV the whole time, it was still too much of a bother having to pack everything up - especially groceries.

I don't see us changing rooms/hotels again unless we are doing Universal.

We love changing resorts - each is a vacation onto itself! :teeth:

We'll stay at VWL for 4 or 5 nights and focus on MK and maybe drive to AK or TL - then spend the weekend at Vero or maybe over to Universal and then return for our second week at BCV or BWV to enjoy Epcot and MGM as well as the great pools at those two resorts!

We have moving down to a science, and since we always have a rental car its really quite easy. On moving days we have either Pool or Park time preplanned so that we aren't bothered if we can't get into the room until late in the afternoon. We just drop the bags off with Bell Services, check in and off we go!

Organization REALLY helps with the moves. For the 2 night stays, we just pack everything we need in one bag and don't mess with the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter